Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KWA MP7 - Outdoor skirmishable as primary?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 26th, 2013, 11:26   #76
hollywood...
cranky old man

love this gun so much that I bought a second one so I would have a back up - My WE M4's are all getting dusty as a result
Old June 26th, 2013, 11:55   #77
mzo

I have the KWA MP7 and I have no plans of selling it.

I also have a question which I think is appropriate for this thread, I want to get a suppressor for my MP7 so I can run it outdoors.

Angry Gun suppressors costs $100, while 5KU suppressors cost $50. Is the Angry Gun really that much better than the 5KU to be worth twice as much?
Anyone have any experience and/or recommendations about either suppressor?

A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe - Pierre Berton
mzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 11:58   #78
hollywood...
cranky old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzo View Post
I have the KWA MP7 and I have no plans of selling it.

I also have a question which I think is appropriate for this thread, I want to get a suppressor for my MP7 so I can run it outdoors.

Angry Gun suppressors costs $100, while 5KU suppressors cost $50. Is the Angry Gun really that much better than the 5KU to be worth twice as much?
Anyone have any experience and/or recommendations about either suppressor?
the accuracy of the Angry Gun Suppressor alone is worth the extra $

and you get a boost in FPS which punches BB's through the bush
Old June 26th, 2013, 12:12   #79
K3vX

My understanding is that for 50$ more, you have an inner barrel on the Angry Gun one, which means it "extends" your inner barrel, resulting in a gain in FPS and a gain in accuracy.

The 5KU one is for looks. It can cover an extended inner barrel if you change the MP7's factory one, but does not offer any advantages alone.
K3vX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 13:02   #80
Danke

With a short TB my MP7 is perfect. I can hang a mock suppressor on it or after dark a tracer unit. That takes it to a new level.

For the 5KU question I suspect it's like all airsoft gear that's a copy of other airsoft gear but half the price. You may get a bargain or you may get a heap of junk.
Old June 26th, 2013, 13:11   #81
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

5ku has no inner barrel extension.

there are reports of the angry gun supressor damaging the hopup unit with repeated put on and take off cycles since the barrel extension butts up against the existing inner barrel, when you mount it it nudges the inner so repeated nudging can probably produce some unwanted wear and tear at the hopup end.
Old June 26th, 2013, 13:12   #82
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

I hear the angry guns inner is a slightly different size from the stock barrel but it doesnt negatively effect accuracy or fps.
But i also hear that the extended inner pushes on the stock inner and over time can cause damage to the barrel and/or hop up unit.

Edit im too slow lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 13:40   #83
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3vX View Post
I figured I'd post my question here:

Is there any particular reason everyone and their mothers are reselling their KWA Mp7? Even Stealth is selling a kit on the classifieds.

I was shopping for one, but this made me wondering..

I've no doubt it's a good gbb, but I swear half the Gaz Classifieds is filled with Mp7's...
I wouldn't be selling my MP7 if my AEGs weren't so beastly.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 14:04   #84
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

if you ever want to split that package up... lol I need me a couple more mags and that suppressor :P

I would like to note that as beastly as my p90 is, my mp7 did scare off a squad at nightfall2.
Old June 26th, 2013, 16:41   #85
K3vX

I was lurking that package as well... just need to convince (someone) that I "need" it. For um... science.

I also need some stuff from AirsoftStore, maybe I could merge the shipping...
K3vX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 22:30   #86
Manvil

i'd advise against the surpressor with inner. It doesnt line up well. if you really want the extra length get the cheap surpressor and longer inner barrel to extend the full length, but then you'll have to extend an npas adjustment tool or disassemble and set the fps.

"Amateurs train to success, professionals train to failure." -C.C.
Manvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2013, 03:55   #87
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

to give you an idea of what you could be dealing with fps wise, cqb bolt will probably shoot 400 with a full supressor length barrel... it already shoots 360 in 25C sunlight at stock length.

Don't even try the stock bolt with full barrel lol....shooting 450 in the same conditions with just the regular barrel.

the npas is a pain in the ass to adjust so I went 2 separate bolts.
Old June 27th, 2013, 04:18   #88
mrdzicc

I bought the 5KU MP7 suppressor and I'm heavily surprised by it. Its a solid suppressor with a nice quick detach. Its quite stiff but can be adjusted. The only thing I dunno about is how good the foam is (if you actually want to help suppress a bit of sound). It also has full (i believe) trades if thats your thing as well. I added a tight bore so thats why I didn't go with the angry gun
mrdzicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2013, 16:10   #89
mzo

Thanks for the replies guys,

As soon as I got my MP7, I had the NPAS and a better hop up rubber installed on it.

With .25 BBs it currently fires around 300 FPS for the first 5-10 shots and around 285 FPS for the rest of the shots. This is at about room temperature or just slightly below.

I ordered the Angry Gun suppressor and plan on attaching for outdoor games. This way I can make the MP7 my primary for indoors (without suppressor) and also my primary for most outdoor events (with suppressor).

If (or when) the inner barrel becomes damaged, then I will replace the inner barrel with longer tight bore inner barrel and cover it up with mock suppressors, making it my outdoor primary. I would then get something else for indoors, maybe a MP9.

A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe - Pierre Berton
mzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 11:56   #90
Cornf1ake

I just took my orange tip off as I bought a 5KU MP7 Silencer. That thing was really on there. Makes the gun look really nice without it and the silencer on it. Is it possible to shoot the MP7 with the silencer attached though, or do I need to get an extended barrel to shoot it?
Cornf1ake is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion