Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Milsimmmm!!!!

:

General

Old July 31st, 2012, 16:04   #61
Grudge
multitech

My point wasn't to try to shoot down the rules. I believe they are very important. We just need to understand that no matter how much rules you put on there will inevitably be someone who will break or severly bend them to get their 'WIN".

Rule breakers just need to be delt with firmly and consistently!
Old July 31st, 2012, 18:54   #62
Dimitri
Can't do math

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackD View Post
- switching camo to avoid detection (as this happens in real warfare);

As in real life, this should carry consequences in the realm of game-play, if caught. In real life, imprisonment and death usually follows swiftly with the capture of a turn-coat, captured Opfor in wrong uniform, or espionage.
I don't know what it is like now, but in 1970's Greece if you did that you'd get a extra month put onto your service you need to complete (Conscription over there), and possibly get promoted to a Drill Sgt at a training center instead of a unit Sgt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post
Requiring the player to identifty his target, and not shoot at first sight, makes it more challenging. And realistic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR0M View Post
In smaller scale games its easier to know whos who, but with the bigger milsim games I think its a necessary evil IMO.
Well the Americans used something like this in the Cold War ...

And the Russians (Sorry couldn't find a period picture but I believe its a period correct uniform).

There are differences, but its about the same as trying to figure out if its MARPAT or CADPAT at a distance, generic OD.

Dimitri
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012, 22:51   #63
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
Just thought I'd share this video; not a perfect milsim game, but pretty damn good nonetheless.: http://youtu.be/csYmPXL5qKw
Old August 4th, 2012, 01:31   #64
icaris

Send a message via MSN to icaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackTheRipperC View Post
Just thought I'd share this video; not a perfect milsim game, but pretty damn good nonetheless.: http://youtu.be/csYmPXL5qKw
Best ending to a airsoft video yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3sk View Post
What happens in the BOX stays in the BOX.
icaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 13:05   #65
Aegiis
Sgt. Pitbull

As Drake already mentionned, "milsim" is not about rules, size of field, restrictions, weapons, etc.

It is a mindset. To try, within the limits and restrictions of the "game", whatever they might be, to achieve your objective/mission/etc., not get caught and start again when the CO gives you another one.

I've had snipers under my command in a game where they stayed within a hundred feet of the ennemy command post for an entire day (took them 2-3 hours to sneak into position), feeding us intel. Numerous times they asked the permission to take down the opfor commander, and I refused each time. Did they complained ? No, they acknowledged the ulterior motives of the refusal and went about observing.

At the end of the day, they where beaming with satisfaction about a well accomplished task, without having fired one time. They knew they had been instrumental in our team's achievements.

That's milsim mentality for you. The rest is just props.

www.anvairsoft.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
Aegiis ?* raison
Aegiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 13:57   #66
w1lp33

Hope that clears it up.
w1lp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 14:03   #67
tygr701
"Back to you, Bob!"

Send a message via MSN to tygr701
lol

TEAM MSF CHANNELS:
YouTube - Facebook - ASC - Instagram

Si vis pacem, para bellum
tygr701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 14:50   #68
Black Jack
Col.Angus

"The marines are looking for a few good men. Unfortunately, you aint it."

A normal game of airsoft is just paintball with more cosplay. A real military person would look at us and probably consider it pantomime. Its not meant to be taken serious, other then a universally accepted need to adhere to the basic safety rules and the honor system of hit calling.

Milsim to me isnt to prove Im a real soldier, or I have the stuff it takes to be some hardass that Im not. Im paying respect to the people who are.

By not dressing like a real soldier and acting like a retard in a homage to his duty and career, I pay him respect. By showing self discipline to even some degree of the real thing I show that I respect the difficulty of their work and training.

"When you start looking like Marines, youll start feeling like Marines. And pretty soon, Goddammit youll start acting like Marines!"

As far as the game goes if you come prepared, if you carry your load, and show dedication to serving your unit and your forces proudly and with respect youre more likely to succeed. And even in failure you will have self respect and honor you wont normally get from a standard game. Because you worked hard and overcame challenges and you all did it to a higher standard.

(FYI: the quotes were from Heartbreak Ridge.)
Black Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 14:59   #69
hollywood...
cranky old man

lol Pat,.... good one

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General