Airsoft Canada
https://www.replicaairguns.ca/airsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Another Trade Dispute - Requesting Help from ASC Members, particularly players in New Brunswick

:

General

Old June 4th, 2010, 13:35   #46
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

So your account was never banned, it was hacked then.

So someone has been using your account to defraud people, regardless of whether you thought it was banned or not, that is what happened as you say.

EMT and Paypal addresses need to be checked to find out who the payments were sent to.

Now just to be sure Bonesy, your email addresses haven't been hacked have they? because that will be quite the coincidence if they have.
Old June 4th, 2010, 13:37   #47
Bonesy
AKA DDelz

No, I've been able to check my email today just fine, considering I was able to see those oh so lovely little threats. I use it everyday and it's never once not allowed me to log in.
Bonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 13:39   #48
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

I see ,excellent and this would be the same email that you use for paypal and EMT's?
Old June 4th, 2010, 13:46   #49
Bonesy
AKA DDelz

Yes, they're the same.
Bonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 13:52   #50
L473ncy

Bones/Ddlez, if you really have been hacked/rootkitted I suggest you help out by contacting your local cyber crimes unit or something as well as issuing a fraud alert to credit reporting agencies and such (just in case it really was a rootkit and other financial details have been stolen).

Then the admins on this site should probably look at logsfor irregular activity from Ddlez's account. Ie. if he was posting from one IP then when he started to login from a proxy/vpn to figure out around when the account was compromised.

Members who have possibly been scammed should check where they've been sending their money to. Contacting RCMP/local police department for their cyber crime and/or financial fraud unit for assistance. Try to see the details of where the money was being sent to, if it was a confirmed PP address then you should be able to see who it is, otherwise if it was unconfirmed you may be SOL here (since a fake address could have been used). As for EMT, it should be linked to an account at the bank and although they probably can't release it to you they should be able to release it to the police/financial fraud.
Old June 4th, 2010, 13:53   #51
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Well, your paypal checks out:

About drewdelz@gmail.com:
Seller Reputation: (0) Verified Buyers
Account Status: Verified
Account Type: CA Premier
Account Creation Date: Nov 6, 2008
PayPal Member For: 1 year 6 months 29 days

so unless someone comes forward and says they sent money to that account, there's nothing to tie you to these transactions, except for your ASC account "Ddelz"
Old June 4th, 2010, 14:08   #52
Rugger_can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex View Post
It'll be very easy for the Police to figure who is who just by the banking info transferred between parties whether it's Paypal or EMT.
Exactly. Speculation aside the police know how to do their job and they will get the information.

I am going to remove bonesy/Drew's personal information from this thread now as the task of locating him has been accomplished. I'd like to thank the community for NOT harassing him or forming a psudo lynch mob. And if anyone did contact him if they where not part of this fiasco Im going to ask you to please refrain from Emailing him/contacting him further.

Cheers.

Last edited by Rugger_can; June 4th, 2010 at 14:15..
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 14:47   #53
SidVicious

Send a message via MSN to SidVicious
A hacking job is very unlikely, must be someone that is familiar with airsoft who simply guessed or knew his password.

I'd suspect the breach happened a few days before the outburst of WTS posted since the 13th by whoever is behind the Ddelz user.
SidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 15:06   #54
Drake
E-01

Okay, speculation and chatter stops here. Posts are limited to people directly involved or who have factual information to contribute.

On May 13th, the email for Ddelz was changed to idno24@gmail.com

That's also where money appears to have been sent, so it's what police should investigate. There's going to be someone's bank account tied to that address.

All the fraudulent ads were posted from a proxy (they've been moved to the admin area [admin>archive])

Bones/Ddelz, you should probably contact the authorities since the other account is tied to you.
Old June 4th, 2010, 16:08   #55
JacoNB

Here's a quick search on the email address:

http://www.emailfinder.com/EFC.aspx?...no24@gmail.com

Mountainview California.

And Drew's too white to have been in California recently.
JacoNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 16:30   #56
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
That is where gmails servers are located.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 16:38   #57
JacoNB

That would make sense then.

Drew's still too white, though.
Old June 4th, 2010, 16:41   #58
Rugger_can

Guys relax. If the people involved choose to goto the police they WILL find the information. This person has to have a bank account within Canada or the US and our banking laws make it increasingly easy to find out who opened that account, they will be caught. This is not a Nigerian scam the person obviously has in depth knowledge of airsoft in Canada and will be caught and will be spending a few years in Jail, their only consolation prize is that they won't get 15 years in federal pen only 2 years less a day in Provincial.

My hope is that the person responsible comes to their senses and returns the money quickly before an investigation is launched thus avoiding them having a black mark for the rest of their lives (good luck getting a job with several counts of fraud on your record)
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 17:00   #59
JacoNB

Sorry to clutter up the thread.

I for one will be trying to talk Drew into contacting the police on his end. I don't think whoever did this should be able to get away with it by just giving the money back. What's to stop him or her from doing it again, either here or elsewhere?
Old June 4th, 2010, 17:11   #60
thabow

agreed.

I don't want to see anyone get scammed cause the more it happens the harder it is for the rest of us. I think the police should be contacted by everyone involved and it should be handled by them so that the person responsible is caught.

As for Bonesy on ANB, we've never had a problem along these lines with him or any member for that matter and so until someone is able to show me a confirmation email that says that they sent money to bonesy/Ddelz email, then we will allow him to continue to be a part of our community.

I really am sorry for everyone involved, if I had 100 guns I'd ship you each five.

If any other info comes my way I'm be sure to send it to the right people.
thabow is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General