Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Basspro

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 16th, 2008, 15:35   #46
T_A_N_K

BAH!! Went to Bass Pro today and they don't have shit in stock. I didn't see the tags for the AfterMath Lycaon or Broxa either. Unless I went to the wrong section, it was the shelf across the paintball stuff. However I saw the tags for the Aftermath Krakens which are still listed at 129.99, not instock also. However there are some Crossman G3 SAS w/ Full Stocks which do appear to have a v2 mechbox, they are 119.99, didn't bother picking one up, saw about 4 when I was there.
T_A_N_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 15:44   #47
Kingsix

Well that sucks wonder when the restock on krakens.
Old June 16th, 2008, 16:26   #48
Sanox

Send a message via MSN to Sanox
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_A_N_K View Post
BAH!! Went to Bass Pro today and they don't have shit in stock. I didn't see the tags for the AfterMath Lycaon or Broxa either. Unless I went to the wrong section, it was the shelf across the paintball stuff. However I saw the tags for the Aftermath Krakens which are still listed at 129.99, not instock also. However there are some Crossman G3 SAS w/ Full Stocks which do appear to have a v2 mechbox, they are 119.99, didn't bother picking one up, saw about 4 when I was there.
Could they be in the acctual rifles section?
Sanox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 17:00   #49
MillerBRo

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_A_N_K View Post
The Crosman G3 does indeed have a plastic V2 mechbox... and platic gears. It shoots a .12 at 275fps and a .2 at 220fps which means it is fine at CQB but in woods battles I am aiming at a 45' angle upwards to get the distance the stock guns have... I have run mine through about 15 games & practices and by months end it will be nearing 20,000 BBs. As it was intended for me to learn how to upgrade I have a new motor, 110 spring, have a g3 Ver 2 metal mechbox on the way and will do the 9.6V large conversion to the stock. It taught me the basics and I was worried about pooching a 'valuable' gun lol The point was to learn how to rip apart and upgrade a cheaper gun so that when my G3a3 breaks I can fix it with some confidence. The clear plastic is horrid, the plastic gears surely wont last as long as metal ones would, and you will need to upgrade unless its purely for CQB work. On the plus side it is pretty much 100% upgradable, good for CQB as you can light someone up close without fear of hurting them, and gets another player on the field for less than $200... $119CAD is a decent price though for eshopping Winnipeg Outfitters has it for $127 or so. Though I certainly got my moneys worth out of it as a cheap learning tool and upgrade project I prolly wouldnt get one again. Personally I'd go with a Lycaon, or a Kraken, or a Pulse R76 if you want an upgradable platform to learn on as those AEGs are at least more competitive out of the box... unless the whole point was to get a G3 receiver. If you have some decent painting skills and the knowledge to upgrade you could have a decent G3 SAS for under $300CAD.
MillerBRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 14:26   #50
Wrath144
formerly steyr

if i order a clear/green broxa from bass pro website, will it get to me?
Old June 26th, 2008, 02:45   #51
Kingsix

Picked up a kraken from basspro last one left. Apperently my Dad was there in the morning and they have 3 instock, none left now lol. Saw no crosman R76's but yes the G3's were in stock. I've read somewhere that the crosman G3
s are clones of TM G3's but with a stock and plastic body. They might take new gearboxes etc.
Old June 26th, 2008, 10:57   #52
sabermetrics

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsix View Post
Picked up a kraken from basspro last one left. Apperently my Dad was there in the morning and they have 3 instock, none left now lol. Saw no crosman R76's but yes the G3's were in stock. I've read somewhere that the crosman G3
s are clones of TM G3's but with a stock and plastic body. They might take new gearboxes etc.

NOOOO! Damnit... I phoned in every day for the past 2 weeks to ask for stock, and i stopped two days ago, and this is what happens????
sabermetrics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2008, 18:00   #53
Kingsix

lol I don't think the staff really knows what airsoft products they have, better to go there and see for yourself. I just got lucky because I got off work early and decided to check out what they had in stock.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 01:31   #54
Kingsix

I was at basspro this morning because I had nothing before my shift started. The best time to nab a Kraken or TF-16 is right when it opens. Apparently they only restock in the morning and Krakens and TF-16's go like hotcakes. I was talking to the person restocking and he was intrested in hearing some things basspro can do better about airsoft. I suggested importing some new AEG's Broxa more aftermaths Jing gong, classic army, TM, more selection in bb's etc. Basspro is going to give more self space to airsoft by removing some of the paintball gear <Score for airsoft> Because the airsoft products sell faster than paintball.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 02:19   #55
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

^ that would be good if they also educate the parents about airsoft when they come in to purchase for their kiddies
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 02:48   #56
aZn_triXta07

Honestly, it really takes one large company to request a China company to manufacture clear bodies instead of black receivers for the JGs, than we'd be able to have the same China stuff here for lower prices with only clear bodies that can be easily painted or replaced with metal receivers.

I've spoken with a manufacturer in China and they said the minimum order would be one shipping container and you'd get the AEGs made to your specifications.

Too bad there's not enough good stuff out yet, but Aftermath is starting to get the hang of things. Hopefully another US Distributor will catch on that they could expand their business into Canada + other states where there are restrictions on Airsoft.

I'd also like to add that, if a US Distributor went and had this done we would be almost in a similar case as the UK. Just that they can obtain normal unpainted airsoft alot easier than we can. Clear isn't bad cause you can paint it, whereas in the UK if they don't pay for the paperwork they'll have to deal with two-tone bright green o.O

Last edited by aZn_triXta07; July 2nd, 2008 at 04:41..
aZn_triXta07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 13:15   #57
cloves

well what about those clear bodied Classic Army sportlines??? They already have clear bodies....If BAss Pro could get those....oh man
Old July 2nd, 2008, 13:31   #58
Skladfin

are there any Bass Pro shops around vancouver area? google isn't helping me =\
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 14:11   #59
Curtis Tactics

Send a message via MSN to Curtis Tactics
no the closest one would be in las vegas lol. a future store would be in quebec
Old July 2nd, 2008, 14:46   #60
Qlong
Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZn_triXta07 View Post

I've spoken with a manufacturer in China and they said the minimum order would be one shipping container and you'd get the AEGs made to your specifications.
Hmm...so how many in one shipping container?
Qlong is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion