Sykes Face Mask Discussion

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 20th, 2008, 03:45   #46
zone 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4FT View Post
Hi everyone,

I hope this isn't beaten to death - but how good are the goggles that come with the mask? I mean - they're 5 bucks; which kinda makes me hesitant.

If they're no good - does anyone have any good suggestions? I saw the previous post of bolles - do you guys have a suggestion for BB approved gogs for about 50 bucks?

Thanks!
ESS Land oops Goggles. Just give it a google.
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 15:58   #47
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaks View Post
hmm interesting, I was thinking I'd drill a couple of holes along the side so that I could possibly slip in the frames overtop of the mask. You guys think that'd work? I mean the mask is essentially shaped to be a normal face and therefore it'd make sense that my glasses would fit on the outside as long as it has the sides in place.

Now the biggest issue would be to find paintball approved goggles that both fit over my glasses and fit snuggly over the mask. Any suggestions? :P
Would be a good idea... but don't forget that the nose bridge does sit further out from your own nose, and as a result, you'll need longer earstems on your glasses.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 22:08   #48
Omi-san

Quote:
hmm interesting, I was thinking I'd drill a couple of holes along the side so that I could possibly slip in the frames overtop of the mask. You guys think that'd work? I mean the mask is essentially shaped to be a normal face and therefore it'd make sense that my glasses would fit on the outside as long as it has the sides in place.

Now the biggest issue would be to find paintball approved goggles that both fit over my glasses and fit snuggly over the mask. Any suggestions? :P
I don't think it would work. If the distance between your eyes and the lens is changed, your vision will be affected. Try pulling your glasses away from your face by only 1 cm and walk for a bit.
Omi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 01:17   #49
Jaaks

hmm... u both make very good points. I suppose the only way would be to sand down the nose bridge as well... hmm... I like the mask enough to give it a try lol
Jaaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 04:14   #50
arman

so after i put it on and couldnt see out of my right eye due to the mask squishing my face i folded up some shittickets(toliet paper) and put it under my right cheek bone and perfect!! funny thing after i get done playing with my regular maks the guys at work ask me if i got punched in the face... so i had the same problem with regular masks as well....

playing with my kid!
arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 04:26   #51
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
I wondered about putting in some form of padding to see if that would help keep the plastic away from my eyes. Does it help with shifting and sighting your weapon too?
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 15:13   #52
arman

shifting yes i havent tried to cheek my rifle

playing with my kid!
arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 22:11   #53
Jaaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone 69 View Post
ESS Land oops Goggles. Just give it a google.

Hey are ESS Goggles Paintball approved goggles? or while playing on a paintball field we'd have to get another brand of goggles? o_0
Old May 21st, 2008, 22:27   #54
Invasian
Likes it BOLD attention whore MAXIMUS!

I'm going put some of this is strategic areas that hit my face.....ill let you know how it works.....cuz right now..the fiberglass particles are giving me an allergic reaction (Bang head)

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/pr...romSearch=true
Invasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 22:30   #55
zone 69

Quote:
Hey are ESS Goggles Paintball approved goggles? or while playing on a paintball field we'd have to get another brand of goggles? o_0
No I don't think there Paintball approved goggles. once I get to try some other goggles ill post the ones that will fit right with the mask.

Last edited by zone 69; May 21st, 2008 at 22:35..
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 23:11   #56
Gryphon

I got to see two Sykes masks in action today. They're definitely not a one-size-fits-all solution, that's for sure. Survey says they're comfortable and the goggles are nice, but $55 is a bit of a hard sell for what I saw to be honest. Didn't get a chance to wear one to pass proper judgment unfortunately, so I'm keeping an open mind.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 23:35   #57
Chingyul

Can a bb pass through the mouth opening?
Old May 22nd, 2008, 00:20   #58
Jaaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone 69 View Post
No I don't think there Paintball approved goggles. once I get to try some other goggles ill post the ones that will fit right with the mask.
IF they aren't paintball approved then its likely we can't play on paintball fields correct? Shouldn't these things be paintball approved? It doesn't make much sense since these things seem to be able to take a .22 round and not break? o_0 I dont think a paintball could do as much dmg as a real firearm?

but anyways let me know if us all know whenever u get the chance to try other goggles with these masks ^_^

now I just gotta hope they fit my face :banghead:
Old May 22nd, 2008, 00:31   #59
Gryphon

Who said these would take a .22 and not break? I suspect a .22 LR would ignore the thin fiberglass of this mask much in the same way a train would ignore tissue paper.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 01:12   #60
Jaaks

ok I was wrong "not break" is the wrong words, they are impact resistant

Quote from ESS's website product specs
"Lenses are highly impact resistant, and exceed the U.S. Military's .22 caliber ballistic impact test MIL-V-43511C" (think they are 1s if not Is)
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion