Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Situation regarding Thenooblord

:

General

Closed Thread

Old February 13th, 2010, 18:57   #31
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
When called on for being under an unofficial ban your response was "Ive been going to weekly games all winter." Thats bragging no matter how you might want to back peddle. You may not have said the words "I dont give a shit" word for word but your actions and attitude show nothing but an "I dont give a shit" attitude. By playing during an unofficial ban, and trying to convince WMK to play at his game, as an example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Old February 13th, 2010, 19:01   #32
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
I was not convincing WMK, he had said earlier that he didnt care about the GTA drama, but I respect his decision now that the toronto players had been reading his threads, it would have hurt his reputation

i will reiterate, that it has been said it is not up to me to ban myself, I can go to whatever games that will take me, that will not be held against me, that may sound like "i don't give a shit" to you, but to me it's common sense, If I'm allowed to play somewhere, I play, I try to be my safest,

I would like to discuss this personally with Brian M

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.

Last edited by Thenooblord; February 13th, 2010 at 19:04..
Old February 13th, 2010, 19:05   #33
m102404
Tys

Firstly, this was not "Brian's idea"...nor was it tabled/approached lightly.

Ultimately, the decision on who plays at their games and who doesn't rests with each host.

One can only hope that all hosts are working towards a safe and fun game (shoot'em up or milsim or somewhere inbetween regardless). Not necessarily fun and safe for you...but in someways more importantly fun and safe for all those around you. In addition to those objectives, one hopes that all hosts work towards representing airsoft in a positive light to the field owners and the public.

Most guys would jump down a persons throat if they acted like an asshat in their backyard...yet acting like an asshat at a game gets at pass too often at some venues.

Nobody has to prove a thing. Being an asshat and potential problem to the operation and enjoyment of a game/event is enough for me to blacklist someone. My time and the time/money of everyone else who signs up is too important to tolerate that kind of behaviour or shitheaded-ness.

It's up to the host. Some will let you play (I've spoken to some of them...they're watching closely and hoping to "reform by example"...get kicked out of those and you're done permanently), others will uphold a temporary ban, others will/have banned you permanently already.

Nobody came gunning for you because you're goofy and annoying....there's tons of guys more annoying than you. It was a tolerance thing...you exceeded the tolerance of enough people re. safety and basically public asshat-ness, they then decided to ban you from the games/events that they run. A permanent ban was deferred in lieu of a temporary ban.

Pretty straightforward.

Last edited by m102404; February 13th, 2010 at 19:09..
Old February 13th, 2010, 19:08   #34
Thenooblord

I will agree then, that I would not go to another game during the remainder of the unnoficial ban, if there will be a field that will accept me afterwards on the conditions I stated before, on a probation, to show that I HAVE learned and become a safer player

Words to live by
Quote:
Old February 13th, 2010, 19:10   #35
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Not too long time ago a certain member of this board was shunned and temporary banned for a short time for being an asshat and posting his Gangsta pictures with airsoft guns

*Edit* this was way before your time, the point is there are plenty of former ASC members who are asshats that are no longer with us because they can't find a place that welcome them as a player, get my point??

Last edited by wildcard; February 13th, 2010 at 19:24..
Old February 13th, 2010, 19:11   #36
Thenooblord

kinda a thread derailment, but was that the dude who was asking about painting his walmart clearsofts and stuff? I forgot his name

Words to live by
Quote:
Old February 13th, 2010, 19:15   #37
arrow

I could be wrong, but if a person starts firing his gun on a field with 30+ people with no masks on, I'm fairly sure that the person has no regards for the safety of others
Email/msn - parttimekillers@live.com
Home field - www.defconpaintball.ca
Old February 13th, 2010, 19:17   #38
Thenooblord

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow View Post
I could be wrong, but if a person starts firing his gun on a field with 30+ people with no masks on, I'm fairly sure that the person has no regards for the safety of others
since I stated that that didnt happen, since that picture was taken on a different day, and i didnt HAVE a gun on the night of defcon.... i dont see where this is going

and even if i am wrong and it WAS that day, i did NOT have a gun, or bring a mask, because I went there to rent a gun, not to play, I had rented it to koolaidman ,and I did NOT use it

Words to live by
Quote:
Old February 13th, 2010, 19:17   #39
m102404
Tys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenooblord View Post
I will agree then, that I would not go to another game during the remainder of the unnoficial ban, if there will be a field that will accept me afterwards on the conditions I stated before, on a probation, to show that I HAVE learned and become a safer player
I think that summarizes the ideas/reasoning around your temporary exclusion.

Take some time to fully realize the behavioural expectations that most hosts have. Try again later.

I don't think there is a "probation" period per se. IIRC, the second chance is the last chance. There's only temporary exclusion or premanent exclusion.
Old February 13th, 2010, 19:34   #40
Thenooblord

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
I think that summarizes the ideas/reasoning around your temporary exclusion.

Take some time to fully realize the behavioural expectations that most hosts have. Try again later.

I don't think there is a "probation" period per se. IIRC, the second chance is the last chance. There's only temporary exclusion or premanent exclusion.
more that, after my Ass hattery AFTER the ban was imposed, I would not be surprised if Brian at TAC and the other GTA hosts will geve me a firm "fuck you" even after the ban, so I wanted to make a chance to clear things up, also I wanted to talk to Brian M in person, not so much about this ban, but other matters as well

Words to live by
Quote:
Old February 13th, 2010, 19:51   #41
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

Ok let me give you something to Ponder about Nooblord. This community that we are involved in is pretty tight, we are not just like paintball where 100's show up randomly, and play with whoever shows up on that day.. We are organized on a public forum, we know who is attending a game based on sign up. Therefore, someone such as myself who has never met you, all that I know about the type of person you are is how you act on these forums and what I hear from other people that I know very well and trust their words. Based on these, I would not even consider allowing you to play at a game I am hosting nor would I be very inclined to attend one you were at. You are immature, deny it? Well 80% of your posts on here confirms it. You are unsafe with airsoft guns, deny that? Well actions again speak louder than words.. You are disrespectfull, deny that please because you know I have a ton of examples, and the first one just pisses me off... Brian acted as an offical rep of the game hosts who agree we should stick together and help keep things more organized and safe for all those participating, we ALL agreed you were a hazard at this time, therefore agreed on a temporary ban. This you were informed of, and you basically pissed on it and us by going to games anyways. Dont worry I am not just pissed off at you for this, the host(s) that allowed you are also on my shitlist, but the point still stands, you have showed direct disrespect to me, brian and all others who support it.

So you can say you want to discuss this directly with Brian, but I am informing you Brian is not acting alone in this matter, I am here as well, as is Tyson, RnR, Wildcard, ect ect.
Old February 13th, 2010, 19:53   #42
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenooblord View Post
more that, after my Ass hattery AFTER the ban was imposed, I would not be surprised if Brian at TAC and the other GTA hosts will geve me a firm "fuck you" even after the ban, so I wanted to make a chance to clear things up, also I wanted to talk to Brian M in person, not so much about this ban, but other matters as well
We just may.. you are not approaching this very well at all, why would I want to host or play at an event that I have to keep one eye on you at all times because of what you might do?
Old February 13th, 2010, 20:09   #43
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Oh man, no time toread everything it's "valentines weekend" apparently and I have to perform lol

quickly...

Alex, when the whole thing happened and you were facing the ban, you should have said all of this before the ban took effect, not let the decision be made and then go against it because you felt you were undeserving of it.

Game hosts that have let TNL play,

by allowing him to play you may be using the logic of, "he's been safe around me so what's the big deal?"

while that may be correct to a certain extent, the fact remains that we are trying to provide some kind of structure and accountability with the games hosted by ASC members, just to keep everyone safe. If you don't care, that is fine and realistically no one can make you.

Remember that your integrity and reputation is something that takes a while to build and that you willbe judged by your decisions and by the games you host

SR
Old February 13th, 2010, 20:12   #44
Thenooblord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
Oh man, no time toread everything it's "valentines weekend" apparently and I have to perform lol

quickly...

Alex, when the whole thing happened and you were facing the ban, you should have said all of this before the ban took effect, not let the decision be made and then go against it because you felt you were undeserving of it.

SR
when this whole thing started, I didnt know that such false information was being passed around

Words to live by
Quote:
Old February 13th, 2010, 20:21   #45
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Nooblord I hope you understand what this hobby meant for some of us old farts here.

Airsoft is not a right, It's a privilege and as such we are very protective on what little freedom and tolerance we have from the government. douchebags and asshats never last long in this hobby, it brings a lot of unwanted attention to us. We have no problem with noobs, we often encourage new MATURE players to join, players that understand what is the concequences of an improper behaviour in our hobby can bring, players that will take criticsm and instructions with a gratefull attitude instead of one that simply disregard it as the same ol song.
However WE DO have problems with noobs players that completely disregard the safety rules that was set, we have a problem with noob players that completely disregard the safety of others on and off the field and we obviously have a problem with noob players that flatly refused to listen when good advice is given. If you think that this statement don't apply to you and you thinking that all the senior player here hates your guts because of your goofyness then may i suggest you stick to a safer game like video game or nerf gun battle because it's obvious you still don't get it, every game/hobby have rules they are there for the safety and enjoyment of their own participant, when one individual refused to adhere to the rules that individual are usually shunned upon and eventually leave. I really hope that you get the message of what we are trying to say to you because anyone that knows me, know that i'm not usually this nice and tolerant dealing with matters like this.

Last edited by wildcard; February 13th, 2010 at 21:50..
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General