Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G36C Woes

:

Doctor's Corner

Old October 27th, 2008, 01:35   #31
scooby
I tried to get prowin hop up working in my G36 with no luck. Had better performance from JG hop up (just sad)
Old October 27th, 2008, 02:25   #32
Spa

tommrow when i have time ill show up what a modded prowin g36 hop up looks like im lazy right now
Spa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2008, 13:48   #33
Spa

So as you can tell, for some gearboxes the hop up does require modification, but overall works great in my g36!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PA270022.JPG (662.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg PA270024.JPG (595.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg PA270027.JPG (608.1 KB, 32 views)
Old January 12th, 2009, 20:25   #34
bunta510

nice tip spa. On my part, what i did was replace the original screw on the front end of the gearbox with a grub screw from one of my suppressors. although after installing the prowin Hop up, i lost around 50 fps on my CA SL8-2. i think CA uses a different size/dimensions of air seal nozzle compared to TM/JG?

Last edited by bunta510; January 12th, 2009 at 21:11..
bunta510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2009, 20:43   #35
Spa

i use a Prometheus G36C air seal nozzle. And yes, TM and CA use different Nozzles in thier G36 series. The difference is that the TM one is just a simple nozzle but the CA has a rail, and has a T bar at the end that connects to the tappet plate so it does not roll (this is so the rail can glide in the chamber).

Last edited by Spa; January 12th, 2009 at 20:46..
Old January 13th, 2009, 00:22   #36
bunta510

aside from the rail, are they of the same length? would a nozzle with rail be better compared to one that has none?
bunta510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 12:40   #37
Spa

The rail is special for the CA hopup units and are not necessary for TM hop up units. The Prometheus nozzle for the CA is the same size as a TM one.

If you wanted to shave off the rail on the CA one to make it compatible with a TM im sure it can be done.
Old April 16th, 2009, 01:49   #38
Fireboy

So my solution was simple with the Star G36...
Split the gun...very carefully.
Completely remove the outer barrel assembly and magwell. Once removed if you look at the front portion of the main body where the magwell attaches there is a small screw there. Remove it and save it, once removed you can pull that portion of the G36 body apart...at least on a Star one you can. I slid the complete hop up with inner barrel attached into the main receiver, pulled and locked the charging handle back and finally screwed the hopup onto the mechbox through the ejection port. Now, here's the unfun part. You have to mod your outer barrel. I cut the portion that used to hold the old hop up in place in half so the inner barrel would just pop right in. Keep in mind that the hopup is now held in place by the mechbox...as was meant to by ProWin. Now she runs perfectly. I'm loving it.
And spring changes are a piece of cake...it's a Star so I fold the stock over, grab an allen key and pop out the old spring and put in a new one.

I'll post pics in the next day or two.

Cheers
Fireboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2010, 22:09   #39
tanman

For those who care, the thread in the hop up for connecting to your mechbox is metric, M3 x .50 . You can get it at Fastenal, if there is one around you, or maybe a hardware store. It will also pass through the threading on the mechbox without damage. I'm planning on putting this on my Echo1 G36, not fully done yet, will post results later.
tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner