Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Second Line Kit Gallery - Chestrig/Armor/Webbing, etc

:

Gear Discussion

Old April 15th, 2012, 19:34   #361
Grizzly0679

Some of you guys have some really nice gear. This is mine(47$); Simple but I like it. Has two ammo dump pouches, plenty of magazines pouches for pistols or rifles, some misc pockets where I keep duct tape, and spots to put your radio or knife. The back has a hydration pack but I'm old school and bought myself a canteen. The backpack is where I keep a basic first aid supply. It weights less than 1lb so I figured what the hell...I'm bound to hurt myself.

Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Grizzly0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 17:56   #362
Wantabe_Warrior

Okay, I was out airsofting the other day, and chest rig (CPGear version of an Eagle YOTE EDIT Eagle MPCR rig) kept creeping up to my chin because my MAP (only MOLLE, no shoulder straps) pack kept pulling down. Am I supposed to wear the chest part on my chest or down over my gut/belly? And how could I fix the rig from shifting on me? I'm thinking of using some paracord to strap the lower part of the chest rig to my belt loops. Good idea, bad idea?

perks:
Chairsofter
Fortunate Son

Last edited by Wantabe_Warrior; May 1st, 2012 at 13:29..
Wantabe_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 18:22   #363
Conker

> Am I supposed to wear the chest part on my chest
> Am I supposed to wear the chest part
> wear the chest part
> the chest
> chest

Guess why this is called a chestrig?
It should be right under your armpits.

And it can't be a Yote chestrig, since the Yote is a compact assault pack.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 18:38   #364
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantabe_Warrior View Post
Okay, I was out airsofting the other day, and chest rig (CPGear version of an Eagle YOTE rig) kept creeping up to my chin because my MAP (only MOLLE, no shoulder straps) pack kept pulling down. Am I supposed to wear the chest part on my chest or down over my gut/belly? And how could I fix the rig from shifting on me? I'm thinking of using some paracord to strap the lower part of the chest rig to my belt loops. Good idea, bad idea?
Sounds like you're running into the problem of, "my molle attached backpack is too heavy for my super lightweight chest rig".

Guys who run MAP packs are usually running them on plate carriers with 5kg of magazines, and an additional 5-6kg of plates. That MAP pack would have to be filled with lead to make it slide down the users back and pull the front up.

It sounds like you have one of three problems:

1) Your backpack is too heavy. Solution: Lose the weight in the pack. Solution while keeping the weight: Buy a backpack with straps.

2) The rig you've attached it to has too little weight in it. The unreasonable solution is to add plates to your rig. The only airsoft magazines which resemble the weight of the real deal is gas magazines (WE/WA etc...)

3) Your chest rig is loose / improperly fitted. More than half of airsofters do not wear their gear properly. Not cinching down shoulder straps, not aligning the plate portion with the abdominal cavity, and not cinching down the waist strap / belly band will cause the chest rig to ride / slip / slide when you're actually shooting with it. This is something to check while in the basement so you don't waste time in the forest.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 19:47   #365
lupo

I don't know how I havent managed to post something in here yet......
Here are a few old and some current rigs.
Old Dropzone Jungle stalker pouches on Cf belt kit (before cadpat was readily available).

DMR Rig , Blackwater belt with TT/Esstac pouches and HSGI suspenders

Green side Rig , PPM split front chest rig with TT mag pouches and PPM medium util/radio pouch.

Oldish TT plate carrier with paraclete cumberbund TT/esstac pouches.

Old Lightweight TT mav setup.

Newer Tan DMR rig , blackwater belt with ATS H Harness.
TT/Esstac/Tag pouches.
lupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:35   #366
Wantabe_Warrior

My MAP pack only has 3 litres of water, and 3 mags plus assosisated pouches(might try loosing the mags) on it and the front has 8 mags plus pouches and an mostly empty GP pouch, I run the rig comparatively light. Well, the chest rig is a 2 piece deal more like the MAV then the RRV, and just about the only strap I haven't sinched up to it's inner limit is the lower back strap, I'll sinch that up in the morner to see if that helps.

perks:
Chairsofter
Fortunate Son
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:52   #367
Aegiis
Sgt. Pitbull

Quote:
My MAP pack only has 3 litres of water, and 3 mags plus assosisated pouches(might try loosing the mags) on it and the front has 8 mags plus pouches and an mostly empty GP pouch, I run the rig comparatively light. Well, the chest rig is a 2 piece deal more like the MAV then the RRV, and just about the only strap I haven't sinched up to it's inner limit is the lower back strap, I'll sinch that up in the morner to see if that helps.
Right there. Water IS heavy.

www.anvairsoft.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
Aegiis ?* raison
Aegiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 13:22   #368
Wantabe_Warrior

I know, BUT most, of not all, of us should know to carry lots of water, especially for an 8 hour sim. If I secured the bottom of the MAP to the bottom back strap of my chest rig, would/should that help stop the rig from creeping up the front?

perks:
Chairsofter
Fortunate Son
Old May 1st, 2012, 15:10   #369
Eien

No repros here.

Ferro Concepts APC
Eagle 1x3 M4 magazine pouch
Eagle Canteen/GP pouch
LBT-9030A modular saw pouch
LBT-2586B utility pouch
Blade Tactical Medical Sheers

Not shown (Need to find elastic bands for them :|):
Adventures Light VIP
AOR1 CAT

Considering to put a hydration pack on it.. the back looks so empty.
Eien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 18:56   #370
KNIVEZS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
Tip of the day: When removing a chain of anal beads from your lovers rectum. Do not pull them out as if you were attempting to start a lawn mower.

sexy time
KNIVEZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 23:36   #371
Brodie_BHD

^^^ Very Nice rig.

Question. Do you carry spare box mags in your pouches or just bulk ammo?
Brodie_BHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 00:21   #372
ShelledPants

Quote:
I know, BUT most, of not all, of us should know to carry lots of water, especially for an 8 hour sim. If I secured the bottom of the MAP to the bottom back strap of my chest rig, would/should that help stop the rig from creeping up the front?
This is why it's important to have a base kit: A seperate backpack with ammo/loader/batteries/waterbladder/food which you leave at respawn (not the safe zone/out of play) and resupply when you need it, not when you're fighting. Even in a milsim, you hike the pack in, set up camp, then patrol or live out of the pack in base.

You need to fight light.

3L water is 3KG equivalent (6.6lbs) . Which is something you don't have on your chest, which means it needs to go in a pack and not attached to your rig on your back.

I carry a cheap 750ml bottle of water on me (in a mag pouch) which I can crush and fit into a small pocket, and refill at my base pack when I die or when we need to reorganize our squad at base.

EDIT: To corroborate Kimbo below; Every time you go to respawn, drink water, not to excess but enough to stay hydrated. Piss often.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.

Last edited by ShelledPants; May 2nd, 2012 at 00:35..
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 00:32   #373
Kimbo
formerly pivot

Agreed. That amount of water will off balance any rig.

Leave the bulk in your pack, carry a 1/2 to a liter with you, and drink a bunch every time you get back to your pack.
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 00:34   #374
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

I have tried both ways to carry water, and the best way is a Molle attached rig over a shoulder backpack wear style.

Molle on your back plate carries all the weight evenly and comfortable and you dont even notice it.

For light mode, I wear 2 canteens VN style on my first line molle belt as my CQB rig doesnt have a back plate.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 00:46   #375
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

I carry just water in my bag (2.5L) and have never have that problem either with my Go-bag or my Hydration Pouch.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion