Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WIP: Upgrading Your Tokyo Marui Glock

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old March 8th, 2013, 22:17   #361
Danke

Take the slide off and work the lever. Make sure it's properly seated on the spring and not in backwards. Keep working it and give it a couple drops of lube where the metal and plastic contact.

If that doesn't work pull the lever out and deburr the inside of the slots it runs in.
Old March 8th, 2013, 22:47   #362
buttonsHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
That could be a possible fix. But be careful. This is a destructive modification. Don't take too much off as you can't get back what you sand off.

The problem is a bit of hole and alignment between the frame hole and chassis hole. Some times, they are a bit misaligned. Alot of the Guarder frames I work on have this issue...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Take the slide off and work the lever. Make sure it's properly seated on the spring and not in backwards. Keep working it and give it a couple drops of lube where the metal and plastic contact.

If that doesn't work pull the lever out and deburr the inside of the slots it runs in.
thank you for the help guys.... I'll give things a try this weekend and see whats happening.

Edit: Just popped the slide off, went to take the lever out to see if I had it in the correct way and something "clicked" and now it's working perfect.

Last edited by buttonsHT; March 8th, 2013 at 22:50..
buttonsHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2013, 05:22   #363
kar120c

[QUOTE=e-luder;1770350]That's normal. When you upgrade the strength of the recoil spring, you also create more resistance for the rear slide stroke. That's why the felt recoil of your gun seems to be "less powerful".

it is not the recoil to be less powerful but the shot, also if I don't have a chrono the fps of the bb are much less for sure....at soon as possible I upgrade to the stronger Guarder Hammer pring to see improvements..

Last edited by kar120c; March 9th, 2013 at 06:56..
kar120c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2013, 08:48   #364
kar120c

Upgraded now with the Guarder hammer spring and Guarder steel valve knocker.......total failure...the hammer works properly but or it hits the valve with low strenght or it is out of centre respect to the mag valve.
Put back the original valve knocker it works well but only with the original magazine, with the Marui one is still blank fire unless the mag is inserted with force.
What it the issue? I think the Guarder valve knocker need soem mods, but how?
Old March 9th, 2013, 10:34   #365
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar120c View Post
Upgraded now with the Guarder hammer spring and Guarder steel valve knocker.......total failure...the hammer works properly but or it hits the valve with low strenght or it is out of centre respect to the mag valve.
Put back the original valve knocker it works well but only with the original magazine, with the Marui one is still blank fire unless the mag is inserted with force.
What it the issue? I think the Guarder valve knocker need soem mods, but how?
That Guarder Steel valve knocker sux.
I installed alot of those in many guns and they needed heavy modification. *ALL* of them would jam the hammer preventing it from dropping. As a result, the gun light strikes. SOmetimes the valve knocker won't even move.

You need to modify the rounded area next to the pin hole. That's that part that hammer uses to push the valve knocker forward. Sand it down a little bit.

BE CAREFUL. DO NOT SAND TOO MUCH OFF OR YOU WILL CAUSE THE ADVERSE EFFECT AND YOUR VALVE KNOCKER WILL BE USELESS.

You need to sand both sides. Keep testing and refitting. Little by little it should be optimized properly....

Personally, I would've bought the Shooter's Design one instead. It's much more drop in friendly...

Quote:
What it the issue?
As I said, you need to see how the magazine is interacting with the valve knocker. Take your slide off and look. Conduct the experiment I noted earlier....

Quote:
it is not the recoil to be less powerful but the shot, also if I don't have a chrono the fps of the bb are much less for sure....at soon as possible I upgrade to the stronger Guarder Hammer pring to see improvements..
Buy a chrono!!!!!
...to make sure that your claim is 100% accurate. Then you can upgrade whatever you need to upgrade to get the gun shooting the way you want it to shoot.

Last edited by e-luder; March 9th, 2013 at 10:38..
e-luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 06:13   #366
kar120c

I am tired to make always heavy mods to Guarder parts! I became crazy to fit Guarder Slide and Frame to my Detonics and now with the valve knocker I bought also the steel mag catch, this one works but the finish is very poor and very sharp and make the pistol very unconfortable to hold in hand.

About the marui mag the issue is here without the slide too so now I try do do this: I put a drop o red water paint on the knocker to see what parts of the valve it hits.
As I made this test, I'll post pics

Last edited by kar120c; March 10th, 2013 at 06:30..
Old March 10th, 2013, 08:02   #367
kar120c

Quote:

Buy a chrono!!!!!
...to make sure that your claim is 100% accurate. Then you can upgrade whatever you need to upgrade to get the gun shooting the way you want it to shoot.
With the stronger Guarder hammer spring the pistol now shoots well, perhaps with harder recoil springs a harder hammer spring is necessary (and i think it is not coincidence that all 3 springs are sold together)
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:11   #368
kar120c

The red is where the knocker hits the valve....the paint dry fast, so I don't know how reliable is the test
Old March 12th, 2013, 15:50   #369
kar120c

Quote:
Not really. All the flange does is stabilize the recoil spring guide relative to the outer barrel. The flange is pretty much like a barrel bushing found on the 1911s...except in reverse.

Sometimes when I insert the slide it is stuck and if I adjust the recoil spring turning it on the rod the slide fits well.
Maybe because the bushing is absent in the Guarder rod and I should add the stock bushing/flange?
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:37   #370
kar120c

About my fire failure with Marui magazine...

I did a new test.
When I insert the magazine with the open slide (after a empty mag) i seems that the TM magazine works well. and I did a similar test with the original KJW mag and after inserting it with open slide tue shooting power appear more powerful and also without reading fps with a chrono I am pretty sure.
Summarazing the issue should be the valve knocker that doesn't ita the valve well, but I can't understand where is the issue.
Need help, please

ps I am pretty sure that tha issue may be in the valve knocker because the surface presents irregular wear, so I don't even try to modify the Guarder knocker but I'll buy the Sooters design one http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...roducts_id=923

Last edited by kar120c; March 13th, 2013 at 16:47..
Old March 13th, 2013, 17:07   #371
Danke

Silver and black in stock. I already "pulled the trigger" one one.
http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=2516
http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=2515
Old March 13th, 2013, 17:35   #372
buttonsHT

Quote:
Yup, just ordered a black one as well as some extra WE magazines.
buttonsHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 17:48   #373
e-luder

Quote:
I did a new test.
When I insert the magazine with the open slide (after a empty mag) i seems that the TM magazine works well. and I did a similar test with the original KJW mag and after inserting it with open slide tue shooting power appear more powerful and also without reading fps with a chrono I am pretty sure.
Summarazing the issue should be the valve knocker that doesn't ita the valve well, but I can't understand where is the issue.
Need help, please

ps I am pretty sure that tha issue may be in the valve knocker because the surface presents irregular wear, so I don't even try to modify the Guarder knocker but I'll buy the Sooters design one http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...roducts_id=923
If you don't modify the Guarder knocker, it will never fully interact with the Marui Magazine properly. The problem is I think that the strike face of the TM magazine valve sits prouder than the KJW one. That's why the Guarder Knocker works better with the KJW mag because the Guarder knocker has more room to slip and hit KJW mag valve.

You can either shorten the valve knocker or shorten the actual TM valve strike face.

I suggest you take a video so we can all see what the exact problem is....
Old March 13th, 2013, 17:52   #374
kar120c

Quote:
If you don't modify the Guarder knocker, it will never fully interact with the Marui Magazine properly. The problem is I think that the strike face of the TM magazine valve sits prouder than the KJW one. That's why the Guarder Knocker works better with the KJW mag because the Guarder knocker has more room to slip and hit KJW mag valve.

You can either shorten the valve knocker or shorten the actual TM valve strike face.

I suggest you take a video so we can all see what the exact problem is....
Thanks....now I am working with the stock knocker, I decided to not install the Guarder.
Ok for the video....asap
Old March 13th, 2013, 17:52   #375
e-luder

Quote:
I *hate* those SAI trades on this thing. lol. I suppose it goes well with that Salient Arms slide you have installed though...

I just bought it because of the gold safety. I prefer their older versions....

...also $35!?!?!?!...and In country...
Friggin eh! I bought mine overseas at more inflated prices + shipping costs....

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications