Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

"Sniper" Gear

:

Gear Discussion

Old November 21st, 2009, 01:47   #16
Steven

Yeah i know, im thinking of 3 extra mags, although i really dont like the feeling of a dropleg, hence why im looking at the Battle Belt! :
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2009, 02:01   #17
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Yeah i know, im thinking of 3 extra mags, although i really dont like the feeling of a dropleg, hence why im looking at the Battle Belt! :
Consider a lower back concealed holster then, like a pancake inside belt style holster. Something you can draw and fire while lying full prone.

Drop legs are great actually, just have to get a good one (many out there, none under $50 though.)

Three mags, I have run and will run once I fix my thrid one again, but I cn get away with one or two mags often, but at times I have to reload one or both of them just because my rifle is used so much............... and this is when I have my MP5 as my primary, so many times the rifle is addictive to use where an AEG feels like a beginner's gun.

Oh, tip: Load your sniper ammo by hand, never by speedloader. Hence why you just need a small bag of BBs and two mags. Reload when you have time to.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2009, 02:05   #18
Steven

Yeah, so far its pretty difficult to load by speedloader, and also doesn't allow you to count, because at 25 they wont feed. I've been thinking of using my aks-74u as a backup, but it would be much more uncomfortable, and the bolt would impale me.

So so far, this is what im thinking.

Battle Belt
Pistol holster in back(one mag only )
Pistol Mag pouches for APS Mags
Admin pouch of some sort to hold BB's, snacks
Camel Back
Old November 21st, 2009, 02:08   #19
Sha Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
..... If you play like 98% of guys on here think an airsoft sniper role is......................... lying in wait all day for a single kill (ahem, bullshit!!!) .....
ROFLMFAO......waiting for that one shot all day crap. Dude, to be at least a reasonably good sniper, you gotta work for that first kill, move, pass up a kill or two while you work a new FFP and hit them again from a completely different angle. Repeat. Repeat. Have a smoke break, then hit them again. Make them fear you.
Get them so confused that they think there are at least three of you working the area.....and you cannot do this laying in wait all day.
This will mean a lot of ground hugging at times, so make sure your kit works for you, and is secure.

SHA DO
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2009, 02:14   #20
Steven

That's why i've consulted the "professionals"!

Another question, when wearing the Ghillie, would it not cover, and make getting to your Gear underneath impossible? And when deciding to make a ghillie, which style should i do? Just the back with foam padded front? Foam padded with everything ghillied?
Old November 21st, 2009, 02:25   #21
Sha Do

The easiest ways to make your kit that is under your ghillie accessible is to sew a light weight fabric to the under side of the netting over the area you will be needing to access (obviously use a earthy coloured material). This will prevent your hand (and kit) from getting snagged on the netting.
You can layer your netting so that you have a "flap" to reach under to access your kit.
The type of ghillie is completely up to you, and how you move....just avoid placing jute on the front of the ghille any lower than your pecs. You won't get snagged on things as much, and you'll get a lower profile.
Padding is again your choice. But I'd go with something very thin, or just reinforce the front with canvas or cordura in key locations. Adding to much material to the front of the ghillie raises your body higher off the ground (increasing the profile you expose to observers).

SHA DO

Last edited by Sha Do; November 21st, 2009 at 02:33..
Old November 21st, 2009, 02:41   #22
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

dropleg on my right leg carries my 1911 MEU
dropleg on my left has a 100round pouch, and condor double pistol mag pouch for VSR mags
I find it's not fun wearing the molle belt unless I also have my chest rig or plate carrier on since I've got double M4 pouches on the belt
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2009, 09:52   #23
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha Do View Post
Make them fear you.

SHA DO
the single BB that whizzes by an ear and hits with a tremendous thwack against a tree or building, and then nothing puts enough fear in people. the adrenalin rushes as the try to find the shooter because they know they are all marked. hahahaha
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2009, 11:21   #24
Sha Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
the single BB that whizzes by an ear and hits with a tremendous thwack against a tree or building, and then nothing puts enough fear in people. the adrenalin rushes as they try to find the shooter because they know they are all marked. hahahaha
The above comment is not related to this thread, but I had to comment on it as it made me ROFLMFAO for about 10 minutes. 'Cause you know it's so true bro!!!

SHA DO
Old November 21st, 2009, 11:34   #25
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
ROFLMFAO......waiting for that one shot all day crap. Dude, to be at least a reasonably good sniper, you gotta work for that first kill, move, pass up a kill or two while you work a new FFP and hit them again from a completely different angle. Repeat. Repeat. Have a smoke break, then hit them again. Make them fear you.
Get them so confused that they think there are at least three of you working the area.....and you cannot do this laying in wait all day.
This will mean a lot of ground hugging at times, so make sure your kit works for you, and is secure.

SHA DO
Obviously that is exactly what I do. I just get fed up with guys telling new want to try sniping that all a sniper in airsoft does is sit around for long hours waiting to shoot someone................. I just needed a place to vent my drunken frustration. Lol

Regarding padding, initially I tried sleeping bag pad under thin material, it was way too thick and stiff, hard to bend knees. After I went with that cupboard liner, thin porous foam sheets you can buy at CT, Dollarama, etc. doubled it up and sewed thin OD cotton fabric overtop, it works great and is flexible. And if you are going to make a ghilie, and choose to attach it to a BDU, use Shoo Goo to attach the netting, cut out the back of the jacket, the armpits (sew in OD mesh) and the crotch for ventilation. I did this with my boonie too (which has a woodland camo 'cape' covering the back of my neck which supports the ghillie part of it and keeps the jute off my neck).
Old November 21st, 2009, 11:47   #26
Forever_kaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
the single BB that whizzes by an ear and hits with a tremendous thwack against a tree or building, and then nothing puts enough fear in people. the adrenalin rushes as the try to find the shooter because they know they are all marked. hahahaha
Fuck, you know what's worse?
When a sniper (Sha Do) fires off a shot and picks off your gun while you're winding a hi-cap.

I was behind a bush, waiting for awhile till enemies came in range. Some came, killed a few, had to reload and somehow I grabbed a hicap.

So, I'm prone behind this bush winding my hicap with my gun in front of my face.
*PING* right off the mag.
If that gun was not right in front of my face I would've been dead, thank god gun hits did not count that game too!

On topic though.
One thing I would take into account, is how many people are going to be at this game. If there is going to be loads, you may want extra mags and such.
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2009, 12:51   #27
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
The above comment is not related to this thread, but I had to comment on it as it made me ROFLMFAO for about 10 minutes. 'Cause you know it's so true bro!!!

SHA DO
so 100% true. I've been on the receiving end of a couple of those from you and the first time I spent so much time trying to find you it distracted me from a team on my flank. hahaha

op sorry for the thread hijack!

Last edited by coach; November 21st, 2009 at 12:53..
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2009, 15:20   #28
Steven

Haha, no problem guys!

So im thinking when i start to construct my Ghillie, to use a flight suit, is this okay?
Our games Here at Op-for are usually around 20 people, especially when it starts getting cold, it slows down. But in the Summer, it can go up to around 30-50.
So I'm thinking 4 Magazines will be good, if worst comes to worst i can always try to reload.

Regarding, The "flap" ShaDo was talking about, do you mean literally a cut in the net, to be able to reach under? And for the padding, I'm just thinking of padding the legs/knees, stomach and chest, and elbows with some thin foam, then shoo-goo some tough fabric over, or couple with stitching.

I'll probably get used to reloading, as i only have one pistol mag for my NBB P226, which i don't think you can buy separate mags for.
Old November 21st, 2009, 15:29   #29
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Actually, you should stick with (if limited for pouches to place mags) two mags for your rifle and get a pistol that you can buy more mags for. Seriously, when it comes to pistol and rifle only, your pistol should be seen as your primary (picture walking into an ambush, what would you rather fire back with, your rifle or a semi auto pistol?) and add more pistol mags to your carry rig. The rifle you can only use once in a while, but you'll rely heavily on your pistol a lot more. Trust me on this, I do it a LOT and have for years!
Old November 21st, 2009, 16:15   #30
Steven

Alright, so I'll hunt for some more mags for the pistol, and get 2 extra APS-2 magazines. But Im kind of trying to focus My money on my Rifle first, maybe a new pistol will come later. Considering a part time job, plus full upgrades, i have to save haha

Also, Im not sure if you know, but what dominant colour should i use for My ghillie? Im in B.C

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/z...9/CIMG5531.jpg
http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/z...9/CIMG5542.jpg
http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/z...9/CIMG5544.jpg
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion