Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

"Noobs" hosting games

:

General

Old October 4th, 2009, 19:39   #16
Forever_kaos

I think if a new guy wants to host, he should hook up with a host at some game, and act as the co-host.
That way he can learn a thing or 2, see what it's all about.
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 19:44   #17
KoolAidMan

I will be getting age verfied sometime before the game.I've also been on this forum a long time now, I'm not some person who signed up last week and decided that i'm going to go on the field with a clear springer i bought from walmart.

Hopefully i will be doing regular games at cqb over the course of the winter .So please don't pass judgement before you see what i have to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public

Last edited by KoolAidMan; October 4th, 2009 at 19:52..
KoolAidMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 19:51   #18
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAidMan View Post
I'm doing alot of planing for the game, tomorow I'm going to walk down to the field to do a safety check on that trapdoor and some other areas as well as planing for the games .

I'm also taking advice from other hosts to help make things runs smoothly.

Do you think i'm going the right way with this?
really? so why do you insist on keeping the 360fps when it has been consistently set in the GTA to 350fps as the max limit? (take look at tyson's game threads at cqb)

I called out another noob host (I think it was the underager trying to setup at FR) why he set his max FPS higher than the accepted maximum and it was because his gun ran hot and was too lazy and cheap to get it lower.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 19:51   #19
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Quote:
I'm doing alot of planing for the game, tomorow I'm going to walk down to the field to do a safety check on that trapdoor and some other areas as well as planing for the games .

I'm also taking advice from other hosts to help make things runs smoothly.

Do you think i'm going the right way with this?
Nothing is wrong with your game, that is why I was advising you on what to do instead of saying DON'T DO IT. In other words you are a Newbie Host just like me, recentely started to host, got to know some vets and is willing to make things work

Noob host wouldn't listen to what we have to say nor would they care to try to make things better, which is not you.

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 19:58   #20
KoolAidMan

On the higher then standard indoor fps , i was thinking since its nearing the end of the regular outdoor season some people may not have there springs changed yet that is my reason behind that .

But i will lower since its causing me to much backlash.

Also for the drug bust and bomb diffusal games i will have some props a package of drugs and a briefcase with a stop watch inside that you must stop before the time is up

Quote:
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public

Last edited by KoolAidMan; October 4th, 2009 at 20:04..
Old October 4th, 2009, 20:03   #21
Donster

i still consider myself a noob.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 20:10   #22
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
On the higher then standard indoor fps , i was thinking since its nearing the end of the regular outdoor season some people may not have there springs changed yet that is my reason behind that .

m102404 has set the indoor maximum to 350fps for all events held at CQB and some were in the middle of the summer. I don't see what nearing the end of the outdoor season has to do with anything.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 20:18   #23
KoolAidMan

I'm simply saying what it thought and i have stated i've lowered it now so there no more need to discuss .

Quote:
Old October 4th, 2009, 20:34   #24
L473ncy

Quote:
.... Well that is sound logic I guess (assuming people only play outsude during summer and run with higher speed guns) but there is a fatal flaw in it. People still play CQB games during the summer. Take Claybank for example, I didn't go but on the rules there was an indoor rules section (300 FPS) in addition to outdoor rules (420 FPS).

You should probably change that. But at least its good that you understand and are taking the constructive criticism. I would actually consider going to a game you run since you seem to have a good head on your shoulders and at least consider safety (not like shooting in the safe zone, and having general safety violations).
Old October 4th, 2009, 20:51   #25
KoolAidMan

I'm trying to get things right the first time around because i realy wan't run games through the winter at cqb , It just as seems that since i haven't hosted before people feel the need to bring down the Ban hammer Instead of coming down and having a fun night.

Quote:
Old October 4th, 2009, 20:58   #26
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
I'm trying to get things right the first time around because i realy wan't run games through the winter at cqb , It just as seems that since i haven't hosted before people feel the need to bring down the Ban hammer Instead of coming down and having a fun night.
It's like having a new army recruit lead a war. Not a good idea. It's better to do once you build up more experience by playing more games, and possibly co-hosting games with someone who has more experience.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 21:09   #27
KoolAidMan

We'll i invite you to come down to the game .

Quote:
Old October 4th, 2009, 21:30   #28
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:

Also for the drug bust and bomb diffusal games i will have some props a package of drugs and a briefcase with a stop watch inside that you must stop before the time is up

You're kidding right?

You would compromise everyone's safety to save a couple of lazy ass goobs the trouble of swapping a spring?

Right there you have disqualified yourself as having the proper mind set to be an effective host.

350 should be considered the MAXIMUM FPS not the Target ..

280 to 330 is optimal .. 350 is allowed

There is nowhere within CQB Paintball that is outside of the effective range of practically any AS gun.. even shooting at 280 fps. There is no use or need for higher FPS except to hit your friends harder.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 21:38   #29
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

It depends how he/she conduct themselves.

Just because they aren't active on ASC doesn't mean they are noobs.

I know a lot of GREAT airsoft players that are barely active on ASC.

ASC is just a canadian airsoft forum (with a lot of info on it), thats it.

Personally, i would not attend a game from someone that hasn't hosted before. I have seen how hard/stressing hosting can be (keep it up testi) and i have my doubts a new host could do good.

My tip for any new host is to start small. 15-20 people per game is a lot easier to handle than 50+. Oh and start during summer. Their is nothing worst than wait for people to arrive when its -25.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 21:40   #30
KoolAidMan

Brian i have already stated that i lowered the fps of the game and i am taking all safety precautions for the game and taking suggestions .I'm trying to be a good host not a "Noob" like the regular influx of underaged kids asking where they can buy all black guns and asking if they can order from the states without i getting siezed and trolling the forums to get everyone in a flame storm

Quote:
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General