Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

v2 nightmares - I hate old stock parts!

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 21st, 2009, 22:13   #16
coach
aka coachster

not my gun. less an issue of needing a gun doc vs. the parts not cooperating. it's a budget build with no labour costs. he's actually getting parts thrown in for free.

the gun has been cursed. a couple of us have put too much time into it and that's on the entire gun not just the mechbox.

I've tried different spring orientations already and does nothing. Even tried a stiffer and softer spring from different stock gun leftovers.

Last edited by coach; April 21st, 2009 at 22:17..
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 22:17   #17
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

I just recently learned of this trigger post when it broke off and I had a world of trigger problems and jam. Basically did what your saying, pull the trigger, but no power.. ALSO check the contacts that engage with the selector plate make sure they are bent up and making a good connection, I had to bend mine up after till i got solid power flow.

BTW Im not sure if you know which post we are referring too, but its not the one that the trigger sits on, its a longer one right behind it that blocks the conductor from going back to far and hitting the gear. They are susceptible to breaking in reinforced boxes I was told after I finally figure out what happened with mine..
Old April 21st, 2009, 22:20   #18
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujiro View Post
I didn't think so, as I recall putting it on both ways and neither way causing any issues. But hey, its worth a shot. This is really curious though, considering from what he says, the switch assy, switch block, and trigger are all in perfect condition (nothing broken, missing, etc), there seems to be no reason as to why this would happen. It just sounds like the guide on the main switch assy is messed up somehow so that when the switch block is all the way to the right, making contact with the other half of the actual switch on the main assembly, it gets pulled up a bit.
that would make a new switch assembly, that was working in the cracked box a month ago, and 2 other switches being messed up.

s'ok. there's a complete box that's been sourced from a teammate/friend that will just require a spring swap after.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old April 21st, 2009, 22:23   #19
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Don't give up. Do it for the sake of figuring out whats wrong! :P.
Old April 21st, 2009, 22:27   #20
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade) View Post
I just recently learned of this trigger post when it broke off and I had a world of trigger problems and jam. Basically did what your saying, pull the trigger, but no power.. ALSO check the contacts that engage with the selector plate make sure they are bent up and making a good connection, I had to bend mine up after till i got solid power flow.

BTW Im not sure if you know which post we are referring too, but its not the one that the trigger sits on, its a longer one right behind it that blocks the conductor from going back to far and hitting the gear. They are susceptible to breaking in reinforced boxes I was told after I finally figure out what happened with mine..
with my trusty multimeter in hand, I remembered to bend up the two contacts so that they touch the selector plate. with no battery connected, I tested between the positive motor connector and all the contacts in the box up to the battery connector.

Yes, I know which post you guys are referring to. It is there and not broken as I cannot remove the conductor piece without unscrewing the selector assembly from the shell. figure being in the way means that it is still there but it still doesn't explain the fault I'm having. Not like the conductor piece is jamming up in my gears.
Old April 21st, 2009, 22:30   #21
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujiro View Post
Don't give up. Do it for the sake of figuring out whats wrong! :P.
yeah probably will, but I've spent too much time to day opening and closing the damn box.

This is also why I try to only work on boxes with the Modify modular kits in them. I will probably not spend this much time on a box with 90% stock/used parts in it anymore. If it wasn't for who the gun's going to, I wouldn't even have bothered.
Old April 21st, 2009, 22:32   #22
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
with my trusty multimeter in hand, I remembered to bend up the two contacts so that they touch the selector plate. with no battery connected, I tested between the positive motor connector and all the contacts in the box up to the battery connector.

Yes, I know which post you guys are referring to. It is there and not broken as I cannot remove the conductor piece without unscrewing the selector assembly from the shell. figure being in the way means that it is still there but it still doesn't explain the fault I'm having. Not like the conductor piece is jamming up in my gears.

hmm just thought id confirm this.. Only other problem to your power loss could be the cut off lever not liking the new mechbox, might need some filing.

IF your having gear jam issues, shim problem or bushings not seating in the mechbox propperly, thats if you used the same ones from the JG... Id have to see it first hand to really be able to diagnose, could be mismatching parts, or many other small un-thought of issues. As you said its cursed, I had an ICS like that, ran through every problem in the book one after the other till i got it to cooperate, then I sold it

Good luck man.
Old April 21st, 2009, 22:38   #23
coach
aka coachster

Thanks man. Appreciate it.

cutoff was swapped to see if that was the problem. didn't help or make it worse. both swing smoothly. one of the first things I did was to make sure it wasn't over tightened.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 21:07   #24
coach
aka coachster

may have possibly figured out the problem by accident.

tonight I decided to install a non ported cylinder I picked up Monday as I've been using a 509mm TB in my M4. I also went ahead a rewired it as the old wire was frayed and I changed from a full stock to a collapsible and wanted to eliminate the connector.

when closing it up I noticed I bent the trigger spring by pushing it down to hard. figured it wouldn't cause a problem. threw a screw into hold it all in place and tested the trigger and I ended up with the same clicking on semi. since, that spring was the only anomaly I swapped it out, sadly with an mp5 spring which is significantly stiffer. slapped it all back together and what do you know? fires perfectly. So when I muster up the will to deal with the budget build, I'll post back.

Cliff notes: Don't bend down your trigger spring when you install it!
Old April 23rd, 2009, 19:46   #25
coach
aka coachster

Well, there's still something wrong with the switch assembly. Thought I had it when I assembled everything and the trigger was smooth as silk. Too lazy to break the box down again. The trigger spring does need to be straight though. It does solve one of the problems lol.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner