Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Aftermath Lycaon or Broxa?

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 4th, 2009, 21:08   #16
kalnaren

Here:

reliability- They're on the bottom of the pile as far as fieldable guns are concerned.

durabiltity-The Lycon is nearly completely plastic externals. I'm not a fan of MP5 collapsing stocks. Mine wobbles, and that's a metal stock going into a metal body. The other two are ok for ABS guns.

upgradability-Not sure about the broxa, but I believe the lycon is a CYMA 0.27 copy, and thus some very critical components like the barrel and hop-up are not TM compatabile.

accuracy- Crap. Crap inner barrels, crap hop-up, crap FPS consistency.

range- Depends on the weight of BB you shoot and how well you adjust the hopup. The Kraken probably has the best hop-up unit out of all of them, but it's still a far cry from high quality guns.

power- WTF is power? FPS means nothing.

looks- I'd take an MP5 over an AK any day, but to me all clear guns look like ass.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 21:11   #17
Tugg

ok well looking at some reviews on this website, i have found out, that your an asshole. (pusangani)

but after reading those posts, everyone says get the kraken, but i have yet to hear a reason. all ive heard is that the broxa has mag problems, and in my mind so does the kraken (its too small) so as far as im concerned, i like the looks of the broxa more so if it does give me trouble, mags cost the same, so why not get the one i like more right?

P.S I think the lycaon is out of the question now.

Last edited by Tugg; April 4th, 2009 at 21:14..
Tugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 21:17   #18
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugg View Post
ok well looking at some reviews on this website, i have found out, that your an asshole. (pusangani)

but after reading those posts, everyone says get the kraken, but i have yet to hear a reason. all ive heard is that the broxa has mag problems, and in my mind so does the kraken (its too small) so as far as im concerned, i like the looks of the broxa more so if it does give me trouble, mags cost the same, so why not get the one i like more right?

you referring to me? asshole?

a simple search of this very website will tell you all you need to know about the Aftermath Kraken, there are already several threads discussing this gun, and it is the standard recommendation for ppl starting out with a small budget.

what you are asking for is a spoonfeeding, which is something we here at ASC do not condone.

I've owned the Lycaon and the Kraken, and the kraken is wayyy better in every department except for looks as that is up to the user.

In the end, it is up to you yes, so do whatever you want, if you want to ignore good advice then go right ahead.
Old April 4th, 2009, 21:19   #19
Buzzrexx

I own a Broxa, and would highly recommend it, especially as an alternative to the Kraken for those who hate the looks of AK's.

From what I've seen on the field, the Broxa is at pretty much at par with the Kraken as a starter gun out of the box except for the fact that the Broxa's barrel is very short and the hopup is shit.

So the first thing you are going to find after gaming the Broxa a few times is that you are wanting better accuracy- this can be fixed by a tightbore barrel and a new hopup rubber. From who I've talked to, the Kraken doesn't have this as much because it's barrel is like twice as long. But again, if you hate AK's, then the Broxa is your choice. The mechbox also seems to be built a bit better than the Lycaon's.

But any of the lower-end AEG's you get, you'll be wanting to upgrade after time, especially if you are brave enough to open it up and do it yourself (trust me, it's not as hard as it looks)

The drawback to the Broxa is if you are using it for CQB, then the full stock is pretty cumbersome- you're going to want it out of the way. A friend ordered a CA collapsible stock and put the battery up in the foregrip. I should also note that the Broxa is 100% TM compatible.

Also with any gun you buy, #1 thing you should always do is to open up the mechbox and properly shim the gears- may take a bit of patience the first time you do it, but it will be well worth the smooth operation that you'll get from it. Search around on the forums for a detailed guide on how to do this.

I've upgraded the piston, cylinder and head; also added a sorbothane pad; changed to an M4 length barrel (hidden by a 6-inch mock supressor) and run it on an 11.1V Lipo battery. This is one wicked SOB that I've abused the crap out of and have gotten lots of kills with. Just order the parts from Jugglez (airsoftparts.ca) as you feel the need to upgrade. Once you game it a few times you'll know what that is
Buzzrexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 21:20   #20
kalnaren

Quote:

P.S I think the lycaon is out of the question now.
We've given you our advice. Take it or leave it. We really don't care either way.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old April 4th, 2009, 21:29   #21
Buzzrexx

Quote:
If you have been on the site long enough, I think that Pus being an asshole would be in the best possible meaning of the word, if that is possible, LOL

At least I speak as one who has met him in person, and actually bought a GBB off of him- he's a cool guy. Don't take anything personal here- just don't assume that we will automatically flame you if you don't talk like an expert. Humility will take you a long way! Don't be afraid to learn!

BTW, the best way to get any of your airsoft questions answered is to GO TO A GAME!!! Guys love to show off their guns and stuff!

(Also, we are a lot less of a bunch of jerks in real life!)
Old April 4th, 2009, 21:35   #22
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzrexx View Post
If you have been on the site long enough, I think that Pus being an asshole would be in the best possible meaning of the word, if that is possible, LOL

At least I speak as one who has met him in person, and actually bought a GBB off of him- he's a cool guy. Don't take anything personal here- just don't assume that we will automatically flame you if you don't talk like an expert. Humility will take you a long way! Don't be afraid to learn!

BTW, the best way to get any of your airsoft questions answered is to GO TO A GAME!!! Guys love to show off their guns and stuff!

(Also, we are a lot less of a bunch of jerks in real life!)
right back at ya mate!

Tugg, I wasn't flaming you, I was just giving you some tough love, this is airsoft after all, not stamp collecting hehe
Old April 4th, 2009, 21:37   #23
Tugg

ok after reading these last posts and more around the site, i have found out this.
Kraken
Pros
-accuracy
Cons
-looks
-rail?
-mag

Broxa
Pros
-looks
Cons
-bad hop up(cheap fix)
-small chance of mag malfunction (but the chance is there)
Old April 4th, 2009, 21:40   #24
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
ok after reading these last posts and more around the site, i have found out this.
Kraken
Pros
-accuracy
Cons
-looks
-rail?
-mag

Broxa
Pros
-looks
Cons
-bad hop up(cheap fix)
the only real CON with the kraken for you is the looks, if you prefer the MP5 look then the Broxa is for you:

Rail - it's alot cheaper to put a rail on an ak than to change the hopup in that Broxa, one is external and one is internal

Mag- both come with shitty hicap mags, the kraken one holds 600, AK hicaps hold the most in all of airsoft, you can always buy better mags down the road
Old April 4th, 2009, 21:41   #25
kalnaren

Quote:
Kraken
Pros
-accuracy
Cons
-looks
-rail?
-mag

Broxa
Pros
-looks
Cons
-accuracy/bad hop up(cheap fix)
Ok? You win a cookie.

Look man, we've told you what we think about these guns. What more do you want?

Quote:
Old April 4th, 2009, 21:45   #26
Kilo Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
right back at ya mate!

Tugg, I wasn't flaming you, I was just giving you some tough love, this is airsoft after all, not stamp collecting hehe
LOL.....What???? Damn I knew something didnt seem right!!! does anybody wanna trade a PTW for a 1936 double winged propeller plane stamp that has only been licked once!!

Weapons Cache:
1) CA M15A4 RIS
2) JG M4A1
3) JG AK Beta Spetnaz
4) HFC Glock 17
Kilo Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 21:48   #27
Tugg

alright that brings me to my next question, on the site that Buzzrexx posted, there are 22 different things for hop ups, can someone tell me which one i need? what i think is that i need a rubber and that was $9 or somethin. im sorry for being a pain but like most typical kids, im big on looks and the AK really just doesnt cut it.
Old April 4th, 2009, 22:09   #28
Buzzrexx

All you need is a rubber and bucking. this one will work fine:
http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...roducts_id=867
Old April 4th, 2009, 22:33   #29
Tugg

perfect thanks, i think that pretty much seals it. ill be most likely getting the broxa only because no one has given me a worthy reason (in my mind) not to. thanks everyone for the help, and once again im sorry for being a dick head.
Old April 4th, 2009, 23:25   #30
NoGear
likes being humiliated

Quote:
perfect thanks, i think that pretty much seals it. ill be most likely getting the broxa only because no one has given me a worthy reason (in my mind) not to. thanks everyone for the help, and once again im sorry for being a dick head.
wile your buying the upgrades you should consider a better battery to slightly increase your ROF by 1+ bbs per second. If i remember correctly a better battery also makes ur gun run more smoother.
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank