Kimber; 5.1 Hicapa base

:

Airsoft Media

Old August 29th, 2007, 12:48   #16
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePiRaTE!! View Post
A 5.1 was my first airsoft pistol, I was kind of spoiled. Only the P226 I have since was comparable, but not as accurate (could be mods). All others... lack.
That's referring to...? All TMs, or all GBB in general. If that's referring to ALL GBB,you haven't fired many WAs
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 13:12   #17
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
That's referring to...? All TMs, or all GBB in general. If that's referring to ALL GBB,you haven't fired many WAs
I've fired WAs... and the performance was... lacking, in comparison to a TM.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 13:17   #18
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
I've fired WAs... and the performance was... lacking, in comparison to a TM.
That's strange. My WA can outrange AND get better grouping than any TM I've ever fired. Plus, it came with a 6.03 TB, and a shibuya trigger job.
Old August 29th, 2007, 13:37   #19
RacingManiac

another question, would that rear sight fit on other slide or just kimbers in particular? I don't seem to find a fixed rear sight like that for Hi-Capa(or just not know what I am looking for)...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 14:05   #20
RacingManiac

btw, I took a look at my "OPS-MRP" SD slide(black) and it does have a groove there, is that the only feature distinquishing a bushing capable slide vs a non-capable ones? If that is the case then is the SD bushing set and a straight barrel is all that I need to convert the setup?
Old August 29th, 2007, 14:42   #21
Shinjin_MC

Send a message via MSN to Shinjin_MC
kimbers have a proprietary sight cut that is different from all other 1911 makers; there is a "combat sight" by nineball for the bomar cut, but it looks like shit
technically, all sights will "fit" but you'll just have weird gaps if the slide isnt cut for it
you'll need a SD chamber as well to go with the straight barrel

which WA is that kos?
of all the WA's that I have fired/owned, I can say the kick, finish, FPS, and the accuracy at short ranges is better than TM, but the accuracy at range just doesnt comapre to a TM, Ive used MGC, SCW1, SCW2, and a magna on the SCW3 system
I use my pistols as primary guns in the field, so I need my guns to at least go toe to toe with a stock aeg accuracy and range wise
Shinjin_MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 15:12   #22
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjin_MC View Post

which WA is that kos?
of all the WA's that I have fired/owned, I can say the kick, finish, FPS, and the accuracy at short ranges is better than TM, but the accuracy at range just doesnt comapre to a TM, Ive used MGC, SCW1, SCW2, and a magna on the SCW3 system
I use my pistols as primary guns in the field, so I need my guns to at least go toe to toe with a stock aeg accuracy and range wise
SVIX 4.3, S.C.W2. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/k0z666/Gun4.jpg)

290 on duster, and 1(sometimes less) inch grouping at 40+ feet.

I've fired Magna (prePV Beretta from '01), S.C.W3 Shorty, and SVIX 5/4.3. All looked better(fit/finish), were more solid, and kicked harder than any TM. To say that a TM can compete with a WA, is like saying a TM can compete with a PTW. It can't. Not out of the box anyway.

Anyway, do you happen to know if that "finger fits" grip you have, is compatible with WA? It looks too damn good, and my grip is soo chewed up from hard reloads.. >_< Kinda looks like the end of a anxious person's pen.

Last edited by Lakonian; August 29th, 2007 at 15:15..
Old August 29th, 2007, 16:07   #23
Shinjin_MC

yeah, I had pretty much the same experience with a full sized SCW SVI
the shots after 50-60 feet or so would be more likely to wing off in one direction compared to a TM
I hate the pre scw3 hop and reed system
with my prior TM hicapa setup I could shoot people from 75-100 feet all the time, and further shots are possible if the target is stationary

I would say they are not compatible, not without a dremel anyway
I looked into replacing a hicapa grip with a WA one a while back; WA has a checkering that is more aggressive
=/
Old August 29th, 2007, 16:44   #24
RacingManiac

Quote:
kimbers have a proprietary sight cut that is different from all other 1911 makers; there is a "combat sight" by nineball for the bomar cut, but it looks like shit
technically, all sights will "fit" but you'll just have weird gaps if the slide isnt cut for it
you'll need a SD chamber as well to go with the straight barrel
My Hi-Capa currently have the SD barrel/chamber setup, just with the taper barrel, I've been interested to go with the bushing type for a while, I thought it looked more elegent...plus with a straight barrel I might have a better chance of machining my own threaded outer barrel...

Last edited by RacingManiac; August 29th, 2007 at 16:47..
Old August 30th, 2007, 01:04   #25
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
btw, I took a look at my "OPS-MRP" SD slide(black) and it does have a groove there, is that the only feature distinquishing a bushing capable slide vs a non-capable ones? If that is the case then is the SD bushing set and a straight barrel is all that I need to convert the setup?
Interesting... the OPS-MRP slide I had purchased last year didn't have that groove. Buyer beware. Maybe a new run of the slides have the groove, mine may have been an older one. I looked in to the barrel bushing system shortly after the bushings were released.

Yes, that groove is the only defining feature retarding potential bushing compatibility.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2007, 01:14   #26
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
yeah, I had pretty much the same experience with a full sized SCW SVI
the shots after 50-60 feet or so would be more likely to wing off in one direction compared to a TM
I hate the pre scw3 hop and reed system
with my prior TM hicapa setup I could shoot people from 75-100 feet all the time, and further shots are possible if the target is stationary

I would say they are not compatible, not without a dremel anyway
I looked into replacing a hicapa grip with a WA one a while back; WA has a checkering that is more aggressive
=/
Yeah. I haven't been able to test 40+", cause my apartment is smaller than.. well... it's small

WA's checkering is very nice. See, if you notice my WA's grip, is has that shitty SVI "rubberized" grip. See, WA forgot to rubberize it, so it just slips outta yer hand when sweaty!

Hmm.. Do you think that grip is worth the gamble? Does it feel as good as it looks?
Old August 30th, 2007, 02:46   #27
Shinjin_MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
Yeah. I haven't been able to test 40+", cause my apartment is smaller than.. well... it's small
thats why god provided us with windows
=p

hm
its not bad; the side panels definitely give the gun a much better hold
the front cross-hatching isnt as deep as I would like, but its not a huge deal

the tac grip does change the feel of the gun somewhat; kind of feels like a beretta if you fire it from the weaver; and definitely more comfortable shooting from isosceles

SD I believe makes replacement grips for the WA 2011's
might give that a shot if you want a more agressive checkering
Old August 31st, 2007, 20:04   #28
hattrick
NAAZ's #1 fan!

Send a message via MSN to hattrick
Would those meu grips fit on a hi-capa 4.3?

Last edited by hattrick; August 31st, 2007 at 20:11..
hattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 21:24   #30
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick View Post
Would those meu grips fit on a hi-capa 4.3?
TK made specifically 4.3 ones, the difference being that the MEU grip specifically made for the 4.3 lacked the notch on the right side for the 5.1's ambidex safety. So you can put the 5.1 MEU grip on the 4.3 but not the other way around, though that hardly matters since I challenge you to find a place with the 4.3 version still in stock... Seriously, if anyone finds one, post it it up.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media