Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Important Product Advisory: Some Coleman propane tanks not compatible with AI PA

:

General

Old July 18th, 2007, 23:52   #16
tony123

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodofkin View Post
Kind of a silly question, but when using the guage, for this step:

3. allow tank gauge to settle past or against tank oring

do you have to push the guage down into the tank or do you just position it and let it go and see if it goes past the oring?
i was wondering the same thing....
tony123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2007, 23:55   #17
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodofkin View Post
Kind of a silly question, but when using the guage, for this step:

3. allow tank gauge to settle past or against tank oring

do you have to push the guage down into the tank or do you just position it and let it go and see if it goes past the oring?
It should fall past the oring. I'll change the wording of my article.

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2007, 23:58   #18
MadMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Actually, I bought a new portable BBQ about two months ago and notcied all my propane bottles (the Coleman ones) are a bastard to fit into the regulator even just to begin the threads. Sadly, I have to say I think 90% of the ones around here are the bastard types since I've run about 12 bottles through it so far with the same problem. At least my adaptor for airsoft has better results. Priorities, eh?
Well, that's a bit of a relief to me. I noticed that I had to force probes into Coleman tanks when I threaded on accessories like camp stoves and torches, but I wasn't sure how many other users would have noticed this. If this is a widespread issue with Coleman products, they'll be better motivated to address the issue.

I did manage to contact someone at Coleman who was very helpful. He immediately understood what I was talking about and took the matter to their QC department. If they can deal with the issue, it'll ease my problems a fair bit.

Old July 19th, 2007, 00:11   #19
TheRealWaldo

I'll volunteer as the 'ship to' and keep track of counts for the Calgary region if there is no objections. I will wait a few days (or perhaps a week?) before ordering. Once received I can (and will) be at Trek (common airsofters location) once a week, sometimes twice for them to be grabbed.

Post here if you're in the Calgary area: http://www.jocairsoft.com/forums/sho...9124#post69124

W.
TheRealWaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2007, 00:54   #20
MadMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWaldo View Post
I'll volunteer as the 'ship to' and keep track of counts for the Calgary region if there is no objections. I will wait a few days (or perhaps a week?) before ordering. Once received I can (and will) be at Trek (common airsofters location) once a week, sometimes twice for them to be grabbed.

Post here if you're in the Calgary area: http://www.jocairsoft.com/forums/sho...9124#post69124

W.
Thanks for your help, but I'd rather not set up regional distribution for areas that large. If you've got some immediate friends to put a group order together with, that works well as the gauges would get to the end user pretty fast. Provincial distribution would make me send a lot of gauges to one spot based on a loose estimate which would have me committing a lot of parts to an area which might not need that many or to distribution which may be slow.

Game organizers are particularly good candidates for group distribution. They have exposure to a lot of players on a regular basis and they're in touch with their local players.

Old July 19th, 2007, 00:58   #21
tony123

Shit! i bought a v5 yesterday when i stoped in at A&A and i just tested 4 tanks i had laying around. only 1 passed. God dangit. This gauge thing is deffinatly coming shoping with me. Just think of the looks i will be getting at crappy tire.

Last edited by tony123; July 19th, 2007 at 01:00..
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:43   #22
MadMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony123 View Post
Shit! i bought a v5 yesterday when i stoped in at A&A and i just tested 4 tanks i had laying around. only 1 passed. God dangit. This gauge thing is deffinatly coming shoping with me. Just think of the looks i will be getting at crappy tire.
It used to be about maybe 1 in 75 tanks that were problematic. Then I got a pack of 3 of which 2 were defective. Imagine my chagrin. I had just finished a run of V5 adaptors and a print run of manuals and this hits.

Old July 19th, 2007, 01:54   #23
Affliction
a.k.a. Fury a.k.a. VipaMave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
It used to be about maybe 1 in 75 tanks that were problematic. Then I got a pack of 3 of which 2 were defective. Imagine my chagrin. I had just finished a run of V5 adaptors and a print run of manuals and this hits.
It shouldn't be too much of a problem. I purchased an alternative propane storage device from Illusion a while ago and I should be able to fill it with the large propane tanks. Propane goes into the bottom (via the propane adapter) and comes out the top (It has it's own nozzle to fill the mags... protected by a screw on top)

http://www.uncompany.com/images/gb-t...as-charger.jpg

Plus, it looks great on a tac belt
-VM
Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:56   #24
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

So carl, this gauge tells us which propane tanks are safe to use with the adaptor, it doesnt fix them? So if we have a bad tank, gotta go out and buy another and another till we get one that works?
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:58   #25
tony123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade) View Post
So carl, this gauge tells us which propane tanks are safe to use with the adaptor, it doesnt fix them? So if we have a bad tank, gotta go out and buy another and another till we get one that works?
Take it with you to Crappy tire and then just check the tanks before you buy them. thats my only sulution to it anyways.
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:58   #26
Affliction
a.k.a. Fury a.k.a. VipaMave

Quote:
It only tells you if the tank is safe to use with the AI propane adapter. You should take it shopping with you to test tanks before buying them (despite employees / people looking at you funny).
-VM
Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2007, 02:01   #27
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

haha, ya thats what I was thinking, could just see them asking you what the hell your doing putting something down each of their tanks till u finaly grab one and buy it :P
Old July 19th, 2007, 02:03   #28
tony123

Quote:
could just see them asking you what the hell your doing putting something down each of their tanks till u finaly grab one and buy it :P
What the fuck? Your stealing our propane!
Old July 19th, 2007, 02:04   #29
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony123 View Post
What the fuck? Your stealing our propane!
yep, the little diode relesaes a toxin into the can, third wave gen attack! muhuahaha!
Old July 19th, 2007, 02:12   #30
MadMax

Quote:
haha, ya thats what I was thinking, could just see them asking you what the hell your doing putting something down each of their tanks till u finaly grab one and buy it :P
Well, I'm not sure they'll be that sharp at crappy tire. Myself and some AI employees were at various CT's gauging tanks for a few hours each. None of us were questioned and we each gauged over 50 tanks.

I don't know what it takes to get in trouble these days. I rummaged thru the entire display of tanks to gauge across the widest range of serials I could measuring orings with a drill bit set. My guys were at other CTs doing the same with proper pin gauges looking for particularly bad tanks.

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General