Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Walmart... and SoftAir... 56k Warning.

:

General

Old October 16th, 2006, 21:46   #16
Boxer

Best Buy has a stupid cultish so called team building clap dance too. Really childish.
Boxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 21:47   #17
Dr_Tinshnipz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Identity View Post
Haha damned Walmart. How is the night shifts? Hows the pay? I've read several articles why their products are cheaper. They cut wages and order from china to make the products cheaper for customers.

Yeah It's pretty stupid how they don't keep the stuff in the cages. They keep GPS systems the cages but not the softair that could potentially take out a persons eye.

I can buy airguns at Canadian Tire. The staff do not even bother carding or even asking how old I am. Last time I asked to take a look at those crappy Softair AEGs. I just wanted to see the internals and the guy opened the cage and asked if I wanted it.
The whole 18+ doesn't apply at many stores. People dont really care to bother carding or even asking.
The pay depends on your previous work experiance, on my application form I put $7/$8 and they gave me $8.10 but if your over night they give you an extra dollar on top of that so I get $9.10. My hours are 11pm-7am Monday to Friday. I have no idea of the china wage thing BUT they try to say they don't kill small business's , and that they buy from them, but the business has to make enough product AND be able to ship it to all of the Wal-marts in Canada

Last edited by Dr_Tinshnipz; October 16th, 2006 at 21:49.. Reason: speeling
Dr_Tinshnipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 22:00   #18
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Best Buy has a stupid cultish so called team building clap dance too. Really childish.
When you walk in at 10 am or whever they open they clap cause your the first people in within 5 min of opening. My dad took a bow when they did that. SO EMBARRASING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Tinshnipz View Post
The pay depends on your previous work experiance, on my application form I put $7/$8 and they gave me $8.10 but if your over night they give you an extra dollar on top of that so I get $9.10. My hours are 11pm-7am Monday to Friday. I have no idea of the china wage thing BUT they try to say they don't kill small business's , and that they buy from them, but the business has to make enough product AND be able to ship it to all of the Wal-marts in Canada
They also Outsource a bunch of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 00:23   #19
thephenom

I would be so tempted to get my kids to go buy one and then sue Wal-Mart for it. But then I don't have kids.....
thephenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 00:42   #20
SolidifiedPenguin

Who the HELL are gonna buy those....seriously...
If it was in an AEG it ll be gone in a second. How much are a pack of those?!

I ll take a million of those.
SolidifiedPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 01:03   #21
DEATH2000

^^ Looks like $2.50 or $3.50 Id just buy a tub of 6500 for $15
DEATH2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 02:56   #22
Swoo

zOmg a mini aug!

Playing Naked = +1 Speed
Swoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 06:44   #23
Tankdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidifiedPenguin View Post

Who the HELL are gonna buy those....seriously...
If it was in an AEG it ll be gone in a second. How much are a pack of those?!

I ll take a million of those.

Those are for slingshots
Tankdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 07:26   #24
Dr_Tinshnipz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdude View Post
Those are for slingshots
They are called glass marbles , or something like that last time I checked my Wal-mart sold them as well, and yes they are for slingshots.
Old October 17th, 2006, 07:39   #25
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
Quote:
Look what I found last weekend when I went to visit my local Walmart. (Markville Mall)
A bunch of SoftAir guns. All of them were electric blow backs + a few non-blowback mini electrics. There was a few tubs of crappy 6mm bb's left though.
Theres no age requirement in purchasing them. I saw them nearly next to the kids toys section.

I saw a group of I'm guessing around 12 year old kids buying A STACK LOAD. They took all of the springer shotguns + several EBB's + tubs of those crappy softair bbs. As you can see the p226 is out of stock same with many of the other EBB's walmart had. I over heard them talking about how they were going to shoot cars and have a "team deathmatch" guessing they mean team skirmish.

No age requirement AT ALL. I was suprised. No wonder we have kids running around parks playing with softair and shooting each other without wearing proper eye gear.

Pictures below.

The shotguns were all sold out. It looked like a M3 shorty from what the kids were carrying.

What do you guys think about this? Should Walmart have put these behind their cages or freely let kids buy softair without their parents knowing?

Isn't that the Wal mart at Markville

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 07:44   #26
Dr_Tinshnipz

Wow, I just noticed how crappy that peg board is and it's half gone haha If that was in my wal-mart who ever did that would get fired, or if it was natural wear and tear we'd fix it right away. By the way the Wal-mart I work at is going to be the first super store in Canada, on Wensday I think. Ancaster, Ontario come check it out the curtain drops on our new Grocery store with bakery, deli, meat shop there should be some good deals I think. Sorry if that sounded like an advertisment, just a heads up for cheap groceries.
Old October 17th, 2006, 11:24   #27
Identity
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanhchan View Post
Isn't that the Wal mart at Markville
LOL did you even read the first sentance?

Quote:
Look what I found last weekend when I went to visit my local Walmart. (Markville Mall)
Man you gotta pay more attention LOL.
Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 13:31   #28
Manmaries
Professional Boob

Send a message via ICQ to Manmaries Send a message via AIM to Manmaries Send a message via MSN to Manmaries
Identity don't laugh at your elders and betters, douche.
Originally Posted by Manmaries
Shifty, i wish I could say something so cool and funny, that i'd have to quote myself so everyone could see how funny and cool I was.

I got it!
Manmaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 13:45   #29
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
I don't really see what all the big deal is about. The guns pictured bear no similarity to the products of our hobby except that they shoot a similar diameter projectile.

Brightly coloured disproportionate plastic guns have been around longer than airsoft. Some shoot darts, some shoot aspherical pellets. These ones shoot spherical pellets. Do you plan on raggin on at length about transparent cap guns at your corner store?

As long as unrestricted TOYS do not output sufficient energy to seriously harm a childs eye, there isn't a huge necessity to limit it's sale.

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 13:58   #30
shadow1911
Banned

Send a message via MSN to shadow1911
I know the local walmart here in Rh sells some "high end" pieces of shit. And I was tempted to buy one. Just so I could pick it apart and learn how to rebuild it from scratch. I walked off for a bit and my friend said he get it for me to take apart. I gave him an evil look and said "a tub of ammo for it says you cant get it with out stealing it. I sat there waiting looking at the lego section.(Yes I like lego your never too old for it.) He comes back with a tub of ammo the pos electric gun and a bill and says "you owe me 15 bucks." I stopped off and asked the guy at the glass wall how old to get the stuff. He just shrugged I asked him for a box of shotgun ammo payed for it he gave it too me. I walked my way to returns holding my bag with ammo in it. And then demanded to see the manager. I seen him pulled out my wallet emptied my pockets and said "how the fuck was I able to buy this and my friend whom is only 15 able to buy this." Manager gave me a funny look and said "don't know don't care get out of my office." Left the shells on his desk took the pos aeg and its now in pieces at friends it is his after all.

Moral of the story "walmart just don't give a shit."

And correct me if I am wrong but don't you need some sort of licence to buy shells?

And yes it was a true story happened recently like 2 weeks ago.
shadow1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General