représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec

My girlfriend wants one...

FAQC.CA - WW2QUEBEC.ORG
McCrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 15:33   #17
Matula
formerly sammer

Around 2 years I'm waiting this baby, I don't know who believe, Magpul told many times this AEG will came out soon
Snifffff

If you want more info for the gearbox,
http://youtu.be/nQf8FczPVBw ( around 3:30 min )
Looks like a V2 modified like what you have in a FN2000 ( remember me my old JLS.... )
Price : around 400 $ us.

Last edited by Matula; August 10th, 2012 at 15:41..
Matula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 17:17   #18
PaddMadd
uMadd, Padd?

Send a message via MSN to PaddMadd
I'd buy one mainly because it's something unique, yet still accepts common accessories and magazines. My only gripe is that foregrip, a simple rail or even the mounting system from the MOE handguard would make it much more versitile, especially when some users would prefer an AFG or MVG. A threaded outer barrel wouldn't be a bad idea, either.
PaddMadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 20:53   #19
Dynamo
Harvester of Noobs' Sorrow

Send a message via MSN to Dynamo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddMadd View Post
I'd buy one mainly because it's something unique, yet still accepts common accessories and magazines. My only gripe is that foregrip, a simple rail or even the mounting system from the MOE handguard would make it much more versitile, especially when some users would prefer an AFG or MVG. A threaded outer barrel wouldn't be a bad idea, either.
well i think that they might be making two versions. this version is the PDR-C (compact) and they have another witch is just PDR. the non -C version has a longer pistol grip and a railed fore grip.

as for a threaded barrel, nothing a machine shop couldn't do. though it would be nice if it came already threaded.. a silencer on the front of the little demon would be bad ass.

Don't look at me, I don't know, lol ¯\(°_o)/¯.
Dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2012, 14:00   #20
Oborous

I would expect that there will be a recessed threaded barrel in there. The """"real"""" PDR prototypes use something similar to a Levang Linear Compensator for increasing control, and the airsoft version looks to have a similar looking device on the muzzle. I'm confident either a barrel extension then suppressor, or a specific diameter suppressor could be easily mounted to the airsoft version.
Oborous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 17:05   #21
kylem_8

Send a message via MSN to kylem_8
i have been waiting impatiently since it was first announced.

I want it, and I want it NOW!

Gimmie gimmie gimmie!!!
kylem_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 12:55   #22
kylem_8

an update from their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...76332535751430

"PDR Announcement

We regret to announce that due to the internal adjustment for Personal Defense Rifle (PDR), the product launch of PDR will be postponed.

The Magpul PDR is a conceptual prototype consisting with a sophisticated mechanism that involves a unique and delicate dimension and own gear box design. In order to ensure the better performance for PDR, this requires a precise and intricate testing including design revision, engineering amendment as well as fine-tuning mechanism.

We would like to cautiously finalize all the matter for PDR before an official product launch. We greatly appreciate for your time and patience regarding to the matter of PDR. As a company that prides itself on loyal customer service, we offer sincere apologies and hope that this brief delay will provide the products with better quality.

We promise to keep you updated the status of PDR through the announcement on facebook."

_____

Well I guess this is good news in a way. They aren't acting irresponsible and shipping out a product that isn't ready yet. (Cough* like almost every other manufacturer cough*).

This makes me want it more not because now i know it's going to be even better I'm just very impatient lol
Old October 7th, 2012, 14:35   #23
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Just died a little.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 14:41   #24
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
Just died a little.
a little yes but I'd rather have them release a rockin out of the box gun that works perfect then release a product before its ready especially since the gearbox will be proprietary
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 15:15   #25
Dynamo
Harvester of Noobs' Sorrow

Send a message via MSN to Dynamo
Darth Vader NO! - YouTube

damn it all to hell!.. i care not for it's Ares made crapbox, just give me the damn shell so i can start designing the gas internals already!

Don't look at me, I don't know, lol ¯\(°_o)/¯.
Dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 15:36   #26
FoxhoundNB

Not exactly sexy, but I want one because it's simplistic, and looks really practical...
FoxhoundNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 16:15   #27
Ares
Penn18

me sad:

PDR Announcement

We regret to announce that due to the internal adjustment for Personal Defense Rifle (PDR), the product launch of PDR will be postponed.

The Magpul PDR is a conceptual prototype consisting with a sophisticated mechanism that involves a unique and delicate dimension and own gear box design. In order to ensure the better performance for PDR, this requires a precise and intricat
e testing including design revision, engineering amendment as well as fine-tuning mechanism.

We would like to cautiously finalize all the matter for PDR before an official product launch. We greatly appreciate for your time and patience regarding to the matter of PDR. As a company that prides itself on loyal customer service, we offer sincere apologies and hope that this brief delay will provide the products with better quality.

We promise to keep you updated the status of PDR through the announcement on facebook.
*off the PTS Magpul Facebook page*
Old October 7th, 2012, 17:10   #28
kylem_8

Really....? I JUST posted this here only a few hours ago....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn18 View Post
me sad:

PDR Announcement

The Magpul PDR is a conceptual prototype consisting with a sophisticated mechanism that involves a unique and delicate dimension and own gear box design. In order to ensure the better performance for PDR, this requires a precise and intricat
e testing including design revision, engineering amendment as well as fine-tuning mechanism.

We promise to keep you updated the status of PDR through the announcement on facebook.
*off the PTS Magpul Facebook page*
Old October 7th, 2012, 17:13   #29
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylem_8 View Post
Really....? I JUST posted this here only a few hours ago....
people dont read well
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 17:27   #30
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylem_8 View Post
The Magpul PDR is a conceptual prototype consisting with a sophisticated mechanism that involves a unique and delicate dimension and own gear box design. In order to ensure the better performance for PDR, this requires a precise and intricate testing including design revision, engineering amendment as well as fine-tuning mechanism.

That wouldn't have happened if they'd made it a GBBR like they should have.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion