Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

we/Hk Glock or ksc, TM?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 16th, 2012, 16:50   #16
Danke

I'm using a copy of a Crye gun clip, it comes out easy but it's a bit of a struggle to get back in.

I had a chance with a KWA ATP this weekend. It was nice and for some reason felt like a smaller package than my G19 even though it was bigger. The guy who had it said it felt good to him compared to real Glocks.
Old July 16th, 2012, 17:05   #17
pitivier

Send a message via MSN to pitivier Send a message via Yahoo to pitivier Send a message via Skype™ to pitivier
and kjw?good brand for glock?
pitivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 17:12   #18
Invasian
Likes it BOLD attention whore MAXIMUS!

They are....especially when you upgrade them with metal slides, barrels, tightbore, loading nozzle, hammer/recoil spring, Highvalves...they're even better...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommen View Post
I thought TM's were the best Glock by far?

Last edited by Invasian; July 16th, 2012 at 17:15..
Invasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 17:13   #19
audi_bhoy

KJW is a clone of TM, IMO the best clone pistols are KJW. When it comes down to Glock models though, my mind is set on KSC (and KWA) system, mainly because I don't like how the TM internals work together, compared to the KSC.
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 17:13   #20
cetane

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitivier View Post
They ok. I have 2 (a 23 & 32c) and other than breaking a valve knocker on one (replaced with shooter design one for tm @ airsoftparts.ca) and some mag followers pealing so I can't use my finger to hold it down while loading them no issues really. And I don't clean or lube them regularly at all. They are pretty good work horses...
cetane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 17:17   #21
e-luder

Quote:
hi,
as the title says I'm in your head to buy a glock. I want a gun not too expensive, unreliable. Recently WE/HK has released a G17 and a G18C what do you think?
thank you
why would you want an unreliable pistol? to work on? if that's the case tm glocks are a way to go. they are less complicated and easier to take apart internally than ksc glocks.

out of the box though, ksc single setting glocks are tanks. the G19 in particular. don't buy full auto ones as they generally don't last as long. TM glocks have a tendency to break near the front screw casing under green gas/propane unless you make some mods. the problem with Ksc glocks are that they are much harder to trobleshoot than TM's design and they lack aftermarket support from manufacturers. this is remedied however through kwa's pro shop where you can phone in and order OEM parts easily. but some internals may require some mods to fit into a ksc version. i found that out the hard way...

internally, i find that the substantial difference between KSC models and TM models are that the KSC models are more prone to wearage. particularly the sear and the hammer. this is becuase the design of the ksc glocks. they have alot more parts that grind against each other than TMs hammer group.

kjw are subject to debate. some models are prone to breakage than others. particularly in their compacts. the 26 moreso than the latter models. internally, they are built not as strongly as the TM models but parts for them are easy to procure

Last edited by e-luder; July 16th, 2012 at 17:37..
e-luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 17:30   #22
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Quote:
They are reliable little work horses. The parts are super easy to get from KJW if they break... but they are far from accurate. The G23/32 have a lot of play in the outer barrel and between the outer barrel and the slide. If you want a small package to use as a backup weapon, they are pretty nice, but they wont cut it as a primary against better pistols.

The inner barrel has an AEP cut instead of a VSR/TM style gas pistol cut. This means that selection of aftermarket barrel is slim to none unless you can live with a longer barrel hidden in a (very light) silencer. It is possible to make them more accurate by stabilizing the inner barrel in the outer barrel with some teflon tape, but they are not a good upgrade platform.

Guarder recently started making upgrade parts for KJW glocks, notably slides, but I don't know if they are any better than the stock slide. Maybe the list of upgrade parts will grow in the future, but right now the list is very short. Also, it is not compatible with TM G17 parts, it is based off a clone of the TM G26 (TM doesn't make compact Glocks like the G19/23/32, only standard size (G17/18) and subcompacts (G26)).

So, if you want a pistol on your belt and forget about it until you need a backup for close range, the KJW is a great buy. If you want an accurate pistol that you can upgrade and that will be competitive in pistol only games, get a TM or KSC/KWA.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 17:47   #23
pitivier

Send a message via MSN to pitivier Send a message via Yahoo to pitivier Send a message via Skype™ to pitivier
ok, thanks.
I'll do my budget, around 300-350$ for the max I can do
Old July 16th, 2012, 22:31   #24
ratnest

i've had a kjw g32 c since 2009. great little gun, with a threaded barrel and a lot of effort i managed to get a hop twist barrel into it, then swapped out the slide for a guarder g19 slide, i had a ksc g18, and a g26c, never really liked them, closer to real steal, but never worked right for me. love my much upgraded tm g18c though and i still have a ksc g34 kicking around. for the cost a kjw gun can be great, if you want to spend double a tm is much better,
ratnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 22:37   #25
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
if you are big on recoil, the HK3P/WE is the way to go, however if you can get your hands on the VFC made Glock 17 or 18C those are 100% marui and are amazing in terms of recoil and whatnot. the stock VFC 18C has 2/3rds more kick than a fully upgraded Marui 18C
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 23:09   #26
Qlong
Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by phloudernow View Post
if you can get your hands on the VFC made Glock 17 or 18C those are 100% marui
The VFC glock is actually very far from being TM compatible. The frame is modeled closely to the real firearm and will not receive TM lower internals. A TM slide of the same model will not fit onto a VFC.
Qlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 23:30   #27
pitivier

I found a Hk3 G18c with two mags one long and one short around 260$ BNIB
and a KJW G23 only gamed once with flashlight and a mag around 180 maybe I'll decide for one of them

Last edited by pitivier; July 16th, 2012 at 23:44..
Old July 16th, 2012, 23:31   #28
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlong View Post
The VFC glock is actually very far from being TM compatible. The frame is modeled closely to the real firearm and will not receive TM lower internals. A TM slide of the same model will not fit onto a VFC.
well not too sure about that, all i know is that the guy at Armed forces (sam kwun) said the only reason VFC has stopped production for now is because of the licencing issues with Marui, and he said that even though the frame is closely to real steal spec they should still fit marui parts in it. so i was only quoting what the guy said.

Do you have one?
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2012, 14:09   #29
pitivier

I will try for the we.
Thanks a lot!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion