Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

N00B maintanence

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 15th, 2012, 10:02   #16
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcotter View Post
I love cleaning my pistol. I find it strangely relaxing. I'm really considering getting a WE open bolt PDW mainly because I want to clean it and they're cheap.

As for my AEG, I just clean my inner barrel, I'm too scared to go near the mech box. I just had a bunch of work done to it so I should be good for awhile.
I've got an excellent working, upgraded, perfectly maintained open bolt PDW for sale!
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 13:06   #17
sicki6

Send a message via MSN to sicki6
As soon as I saw that, I searched the thread for your advertising.

Whore.
sicki6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 12:28   #18
HAMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_kaos View Post
When done using it, fire 2 shots in semi to ensure the chamber is clear, and your spring is decompressed.

Past that, clean your barrel every 2-3 games, depending how many rounds you put down range.
so when the batteries still in fir 2 rounds with no clip and that depress the spring?
HAMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 12:31   #19
HAMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
I know it's not for everyone but the first thing I do after getting a new gun and after staring at it for a few days in rapture... is to send it to my favorite gun doc.

He takes it apart, cleans the gearbox, make sure everything works well together (downgrades the spring if needed) reshim/relubes the gearbox. Replaces the crappy plastic parts and wiring manufacturers insist on installing to save cost and ruin their reputation and installs dean connectors. He installs any new parts I have for it (UBR stock, front kits whatever) and makes the upgrades I need all at the same time.

It's not for every budget but on the other hand, I don't have 6 crappy guns that cost a fortune in maintenance and never work properly. I have two excellent guns that shoot far and straight, 1 excellent pistol, 1 nice WW2 Thompson that will go through the process soon, just got the wood kit and the metal lower for it. Name another serious sport that don't take their equipment to a professionnal!

Don't buy cheap and dont skimp on good upgrades that work well together. The worst thing you can do in any project (not just airsoft) is to buy a cheap piece of 废话 and try to make it work as well as a quality item by adding a ton of parts that are not made to work together as a whole.

Regarding maintenance, 100% oil free silicon on a rag through the barrel twice in the summer. Dont leave any oil in the barrel and don't go all the way you might break the rubber hopup. Send the gun to your Gundoc during the winter season to repair/replace any item that is broken or on the point of breaking. A squirt of silicon oil in your mags twice in the summer or after playing in the rain. Dont over do it, it will trap dirt and create more problems then good.

Sorry for rambling
any good gun docs in orillia/barrie, the hobby place is where i used o go but i think they shut down :S
Old March 16th, 2012, 12:33   #20
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMR View Post
so when the batteries still in fir 2 rounds with no clip and that depress the spring?
Yes when you are done remove the MAGAZINE. and do three semi auto trigger pulls to clear the chamber of any errant BBs.

AND ITS CALLED MAGAZINE or MAG.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 12:36   #21
HAMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Caliber View Post
Yes when you are done remove the MAGAZINE. and do three semi auto trigger pulls to clear the chamber of any errant BBs.

AND ITS CALLED MAGAZINE or MAG.
oh fine ill call it a mag lol srry too much ME3

ok sounds good airsoft is so alien i got to get paintball outa my head
Old March 16th, 2012, 12:37   #22
HAMR

thanks for all the feed back i have a better understanding how to maintain my AEG now thogh i dont know where to find silicon oil to oil the barrel
Old March 16th, 2012, 13:07   #23
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Airsoftparts.ca

Is also called GBB oil, make sure its not grenade oil though.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 13:12   #24
L473ncy

Lightweight RC Shock oil is a quick solution (I use Team Associated 15wt RC Shock oil). Beware of the spray silicone lubes but if it's from an airsoft manufacturer you should be fine (eg. ICS silicone spray, TM silicone spray, UTG silicone spray, etc.) TBH most companies have them these days including SRC, KA, HFC, STTI, PForce, etc.
Old March 16th, 2012, 17:06   #25
SMIC4

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Lightweight RC Shock oil is a quick solution (I use Team Associated 15wt RC Shock oil). Beware of the spray silicone lubes but if it's from an airsoft manufacturer you should be fine (eg. ICS silicone spray, TM silicone spray, UTG silicone spray, etc.) TBH most companies have them these days including SRC, KA, HFC, STTI, PForce, etc.
That's what I did! 7 bucks for 2oz at local hobby shop!
SMIC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 01:13   #26
HAMR

this is why i hate living in bum fluff no where my hobby shops only have knitting stuff and model rockets the only REAL hobby shop in orillia or barrie may have cloed down (the hobby place) so no more aisoft as far as i know
Old March 20th, 2012, 01:49   #27
TaroBear

I'm not sure why people are always after the oil. I bought one bottle as a noob back in 2007. I've used a bit less than a quarter. I got two small bottles from propane adaptors, and one with a rifle. The smaller bottles haven't even been cracked open yet. I'm guess some people are being very liberal with the amount they use.
Old March 20th, 2012, 18:38   #28
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I grease my bolt carrier slides and only oil the rubber bits and valves
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 13:20   #29
HAMR

my rifle didnt even come with a barrel plug :s so thats why im after oil i just dont want gun malfunction

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank