Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Ca m24

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 13th, 2010, 20:41   #16
jomor

Thanks

If I'mLooking down into the breach of the gun the feed lips are the thin brass strips on the left and right? Not the thicker lip at the back, right. If I'm right then one is shorter than the other.
Getting the brass is no big deal. Do I attach the pieces to the mags themselves? Do I remove what is left of the lips in there now before I attach the brass to the mags? I have also noticed that one mag is cracked in two places top corner of sliding cover by the bb opening.

Last edited by jomor; August 13th, 2010 at 22:51..
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2010, 22:50   #17
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Nutshell, hold the bolt properly as said above.

Feedlips are on the mags themselves, not in the hop up unit/breach. If doing my mod, leave what is left of the mag's feedlips and glue the brass pieces onto them. The more surface area to grab............
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2010, 22:52   #18
jomor

MAGS

Got It!! Thanks again for all your help!
Old August 15th, 2010, 00:25   #19
jomor

Clarification

I just want to clarify this before I start moding the mags. I can't get them to go in flush with the body. Whether they have BBs in or not thye will not go down. Will the new brass feedlips cure that?
Sorry for the redundancy I just want ot be sure!
Thanks
Old August 15th, 2010, 05:10   #20
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

They won't fix that, but the strap will help. The issue is the spring loaded base of the mag, the part that seats against the receiver, the spring will always press the mag and feedlips away from seating properly. At first it was never a problem in mine, but then I started to notice feeding issues, and solved it with the sleeping bag velcro strap.
Old August 15th, 2010, 15:35   #21
jomor

Thanks

I feel like such a noob asking all these questions. Thanks for your help and your patience.
Old August 15th, 2010, 23:22   #22
jomor

Mag

I have got the strap for it, but it wont help me at all. I can't get the mags down in to the breech. Im getting frustrated, but I'm not giving up! I just dont get it. It was working so well when I got it.
Old August 16th, 2010, 11:16   #23
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

What do you mean you can't get the mags into the breech? You have the strap, you are sliding it out of the way when putting a mag in, right?
Old August 16th, 2010, 15:49   #24
jomor

MAG

I havent been able to slide that mag form the begining of the problems. I bought the strap for when I do get this running. The mag fits about half way in and then stops, it will not go further in. Whether the breech is open or not, with BBs in or not as well. The bolts sounds a little raspy as well when I pull it back. But I don't think the two are connected problems.
Old August 16th, 2010, 16:06   #25
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
your hop up is twisted slightly and needs to be aligned.
remove the whole bolt assembly, loosen the grub screw, and retighten when readjusted.

If it is not PERFECTLY aligned, it will chop at the sides of your mag.

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 18:26   #26
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Another version of the above, what to do EVERYTIME you reassemble the rifle:

With the stock removed and the hop up unit loose, place an empty magazine in the hop up unit and compress the back of it as it sits when loaded. Hold in place, and snug the screw that holds the hop up unit in place. Place receiver/outer barrel into the stock, thread in the two body screws that hold them together, and while loose, insert an empty mag into the magwell and press in, then snug the body screws.

This is mandatory to getting the hop up unit, receiver and stock all aligned with each other, miss one of those steps and you'll have issues with seating the mag and/or feeding problems.

See what I mean by creating a record jomor (as per my last PM reply)? This isn't about answering noob questions of yours, this is actually pretty advanced stuff that is hard to come by online that you have initiated by asking simple questions and giving details the rest of us can add to. I learned by trial and error, when I got my M24 in 2003, it was in really bad shape and I just figured my way through fixing it up and learning to tweak it. I can change the spring/piston/guide and be back shooting it in less than 10mins, longer if I have to change the hop up rubber. Still, with practice, you 'll learn the ins and outs of the rifle in no time, it's a VERY basic system/design that is easy to learn with a bit of thought and some help from experts that learned the hard way.
Old August 16th, 2010, 18:41   #27
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Another version of the above, what to do EVERYTIME you reassemble the rifle:

With the stock removed and the hop up unit loose, place an empty magazine in the hop up unit and compress the back of it as it sits when loaded. Hold in place, and snug the screw that holds the hop up unit in place. Place receiver/outer barrel into the stock, thread in the two body screws that hold them together, and while loose, insert an empty mag into the magwell and press in, then snug the body screws.

This is mandatory to getting the hop up unit, receiver and stock all aligned with each other, miss one of those steps and you'll have issues with seating the mag and/or feeding problems.

See what I mean by creating a record jomor (as per my last PM reply)? This isn't about answering noob questions of yours, this is actually pretty advanced stuff that is hard to come by online that you have initiated by asking simple questions and giving details the rest of us can add to. I learned by trial and error, when I got my M24 in 2003, it was in really bad shape and I just figured my way through fixing it up and learning to tweak it. I can change the spring/piston/guide and be back shooting it in less than 10mins, longer if I have to change the hop up rubber. Still, with practice, you 'll learn the ins and outs of the rifle in no time, it's a VERY basic system/design that is easy to learn with a bit of thought and some help from experts that learned the hard way.
+1
I went through the same situation as Stalker, (though mine was BNIB). You learn by figuring out with experience, or asking around for advice.

When I got my M24, I had to gather the information from many different sources (Including stalker). Information regarding the M24, is very difficult to find and the best way to learn is through trial and error.

I do the same method stalker described t align the hopup after ever dissassembly. I found it thru trial and error, and it just happens that he does the same.

Keep up the good work! Im sure one day you'll have it all figured out

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns

Last edited by DarkAngel; August 16th, 2010 at 18:49..
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 20:00   #28
jomor

Mag

Thanks guys, I will go and re-adjust as per your instructions. Thanks guys! I will keep you posted as to my progress.
Old August 16th, 2010, 21:43   #29
jomor

Hopup

Well I have found the problem. I took the hopup out to examine it. The flat area on the brass where the lockin allen screw touches it is dented. I guess it has been over tightened over the years and is actually pushing the hopup backwards as its tightened. So I will sand it flat again if that doesn't work then its a new hopup.
Old August 17th, 2010, 07:47   #30
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Mine was stripped in that area, what I did was position the hop up unit, drill a hole on each side of the outer barrel into the hop up unit, then thread it for two new screws. Worked well, you could consider that as well.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner