Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Krakens - done to death?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old March 23rd, 2008, 20:22   #16
Curtis Tactics

Send a message via MSN to Curtis Tactics
i would test fire it first, just to make sure everything was working before you upgraded it.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 20:42   #17
Crunchmeister

Well, I would keep it stock for at least its initial 30 days. That way, if something breaks, you can return it for an exchange. If you mod it then something breaks, you're stuck with it.

From peoples' testimony with Krakens so far, they do perform quite impressively out of the box (or rather, plastic clamshell) for an AEG of that price.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 21:35   #18
AXe Hound

i didn't up grade till i gamed it at least once or twice then after that it spent most of its time in parts.the parts that came with are clear plastic crap but other than that every thing els looked alright.two months it is still not finished its shooting at 355 with .20 gram BBS and to top it off metal receiver and wood kit the last thing to go on it is the metal front end so after all that a kraken is a good platform to build upon i would not game it unless all the crap parts are replaced with better ones. i will post pics when it is done later next week
AXe Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 22:41   #19
Bontic

Yeah... firing it first would be the sensible thing to do... not even a shim job first?

I am a little bit of a techie, and to be honest getting into the mechbox and tweaking the beast to be as consistent and reliable as it can be excites me more than the thought of firing it. I guess to make sure there is no crazy bend on the barrel etc ought to be the thing to do first.

Yes, that I'll do!!
Thanks for the comments guys, you just may have saved me from myself.
Bontic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2008, 01:12   #20
Strelok

well, this is a relief to read, I just ordered a Kraken not too long ago. I`m hoping to turn it into an AKM by the time that the `warranty`dies off. Plus, i`m a cheap ass who cant afford a TM. I`ll probably do an inside and out reveiw of the Kraken in as much detail as possible, just to clear up a lot of stuff for you guys.
________
INFANTS NEXIUM

Last edited by Strelok; April 11th, 2011 at 10:38..
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2008, 03:00   #21
Bontic

Well, here's to hoping that in a few months time ASC is forced to open a new forum called "Kraken lovers" due to overflowing under all other headings. With Anderson closing down, I suspect there will be a helluva lot more modded Krakens hitting the playing fields over the next few months.

Let's keep posting any issues - especially on the causes of failure and on upgrade compatibilities.
Old March 24th, 2008, 03:05   #22
Bontic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
The Kraken I sold to my friend failed... well it didn't really fail. It made a weird noise and wouldn't shoot the entire time he pulled the trigger. To fix it, just a good shimming and metal bushings thrown in for good measure.
How soon after beginning to use it did this happen?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications