Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WIP: Upgrading Your Tokyo Marui Glock

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old February 15th, 2013, 18:23   #271
Moonschlagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Mine is definitely the catch. I was fine until I tried switching from Modern Weaver to Isosceles.
Lol das gut!

Check the little spring for the slide catch and make sure it hasn't broken or moved position somehow.

Secondary:
TM Glock 17
Moonschlagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 19:05   #272
mmmken

What a piece of shit.

Do yourselves a favour and don't buy the Guarder "Enhanced" Nozzle. I installed a brand new one and this happened in under a magazine worth of shots:

Old February 15th, 2013, 19:17   #273
viking9934

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar120c View Post
I don't know if my issue is similar, but, due also to my weak recoil spring, my slide seems to lock on to something when it is 3/4 back. Maybe the little metal wheel outside the hammer mechanism. This dosn't compromise cycling doe now but it is an annoying issue.
The pistol is a KJW G27, all stock for now
look at this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDhFr...3PhQqE&index=6

i have one in my glock 17 and an other one in my glock 18c and no more lock feeling.

As for the guarder nozzle i have one and if you have cut your nozzle spring guide(if you use aftermarket slide) it will last long. i'm near 1000 bbs and still strong...
Old February 15th, 2013, 19:22   #274
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonschlagen View Post
Lol das gut!

Check the little spring for the slide catch and make sure it hasn't broken or moved position somehow.
I think I either need to put on the bigger backstrap or be less caveman can shoot with it.
Old February 15th, 2013, 19:44   #275
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmken View Post
What a piece of shit.

Do yourselves a favour and don't buy the Guarder "Enhanced" Nozzle. I installed a brand new one and this happened in under a magazine worth of shots:

Yeah i stopped using these muzzles. I broke 5 in a month! The Shooter's Desing POM or the Airsoft Surgeon are much stronger.

Quote:
Any of you guys have a problem with the stock slide catch?

I just found my thumb rubs on it and locks the slide back.
"May you fight with the strength of ten full grown men."
e-luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 20:05   #276
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
I think I either need to put on the bigger backstrap or be less caveman can shoot with it.
Ah. I see. i didnt see the rest of your posts.

One way i remedied this is to adjust my grip by widening it. the grip thingy on the tm G17 custom. it spaces the grip and the grip tang a bit. Gripped thumb over over thumb on isoceles stance. Bladed stance changes to have my strong thumb just resting on the butt of my off hand controls the muzzle through the trigger guard serrations with my index and tightens the grip in general in this stance.

The grip strap is probably a good idea.

on the mechanical side, you can bend the catch spring a bit to have more outward pressure to resist the pressure applied when you accidentaly trip it ...
Old February 15th, 2013, 20:09   #277
Danke

It was my thumb, when I switched stances my weak thumb sits right by the catch.

With the stock frame and thumb rest the weak is under the strong. With the HK3 frame and backstrap I can't use the thumb rest so I wrap the weak over the strong in the isosceles.

It's just a hair of a change but enough to make it happen.
Old February 15th, 2013, 20:49   #278
mmmken

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
Yeah i stopped using these muzzles. I broke 5 in a month! The Shooter's Desing POM or the Airsoft Surgeon are much stronger.

Danke, sometimes the trigger pin will crimp or dislodge the catch spring. Is the spring properly seated? Or you're mistakingly tripping it each time you grip it?
Lol, I'm back to the original nozzle after the Guarder broke. Do you have any that you'd be willing to sell me in that grand hoard of yours?

Edit: Does anyone know if WE/etc branded magazines are compatible with Marui Glocks? I recall seeing a post here about how the WE magazines were somehow better, but I can't find it again (or anything about compatibility) if my life depended on it. I've been looking for the past half a hour and have yet to find anything remotely relevant.

Last edited by mmmken; February 15th, 2013 at 21:05..
mmmken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 21:10   #279
MaciekA

I just wanted to chime in that I had the exact same failure about 2 or 3 shots after installing the same Guarder muzzle (from Airsoft Parts). Not cool.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 21:14   #280
mmmken

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaciekA View Post
I just wanted to chime in that I had the exact same failure about 2 or 3 shots after installing the same Guarder muzzle (from Airsoft Parts). Not cool.
ROFL, yours cracked in half too? I was getting low blow-back which I originally attributed to the slide (being a tight Guarder), but I found this when I decided to open it all up.

E-luder: might want to change your main page about the recommendation about the Guarder Muzzle being the "best", lol.

Quote:
Guarder:
Probably the best in the market. Requires little to none modifications to fit and gets along with the internal components very well.
Old February 15th, 2013, 21:22   #281
TANNER
ChrisUK

Add another one to the pile, broke within the first mag after I installed a few days ago. As you can see half of it got stuck in the BBH, took me a while to get that out.

As for the WE mags, they are fantastic. The best 2 upgrades I ever did to my glock were installing a guarder mag catch and switching to WE mags.

My G17 was acting sub-par with it's PGC metal slide and only managing around 18 shots on green at 260 FPS. Installed a Guarder metal magazine catch & tested with WE mags, and the results were impressive. WE mag with the new mag catch gets 55 shots on green at 310 FPS. The TM mags were less impressive but they did get a bump, 30 shots & 290FPS.

Last edited by TANNER; February 15th, 2013 at 21:31..
TANNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 21:38   #282
mmmken

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANNER View Post
As for the WE mags, they are fantastic. The best 2 upgrades I ever did to my glock were installing a guarder mag catch and switching to WE mags.

My G17 was acting sub-par with it's PGC metal slide and only managing around 18 shots on green at 260 FPS. Installed a Guarder metal magazine catch & tested with WE mags, and the results were impressive. WE mag with the new mag catch gets 55 shots on green at 310 FPS. The TM mags were less impressive but they did get a bump, 30 shots & 290FPS.
Wow! That sounds impressive. I was only considering them since they are substantially cheaper, but this sounds awesome. Any problem with leaks? How's the fit and finish on them?
Old February 15th, 2013, 21:42   #283
e-luder

Quote:
ROFL, yours cracked in half too? I was getting low blow-back which I originally attributed to the slide (being a tight Guarder), but I found this when I decided to open it all up.

E-luder: might want to change your main page about the recommendation about the Guarder Muzzle being the "best", lol.
Noted.

It was based on both money value and fitting. The whole thread is about that. I can't really speak for everyone but judging from my experience they were the best in terms of drop in readiness and the duration it lasted during my test which was over a year in a half in continued useage.

Mine guarder ones only break in one specific Glock I own. The piston head i have installed provdes a very tight seal coupled with a high intensity blowoff valve. The muzzle couldn't handle the pressure anymore so it cracked in half. lol.

But i would still rank them pretty high on the list.

Last edited by e-luder; March 20th, 2013 at 14:52..
e-luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 22:05   #284
TANNER
ChrisUK

Quote:
Wow! That sounds impressive. I was only considering them since they are substantially cheaper, but this sounds awesome. Any problem with leaks? How's the fit and finish on them?
Fit just the same as the TM mag's and the finish is good. The baseplates are a little loose compared to the TM but thats just me being picky.

The big difference is in the fill. While the TM mags sputter when they are full the WE mags fill completely silently. They also dont seem to leak as much (if any) gas while filling.

Mine worked great straight from the store (evike), although I know maciej has had some problems with other varieties of WE mags, having to soak the o-rings before use. (1911 if I remember).

At half the price you cant go wrong, I always reach for a WE mag before the TM, they are just backups now.
TANNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 22:23   #285
mmmken

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANNER View Post
Fit just the same as the TM mag's and the finish is good. The baseplates are a little loose compared to the TM but thats just me being picky.

The big difference is in the fill. While the TM mags sputter when they are full the WE mags fill completely silently. They also dont seem to leak as much (if any) gas while filling.

Mine worked great straight from the store (evike), although I know maciej has had some problems with other varieties of WE mags, having to soak the o-rings before use. (1911 if I remember).

At half the price you cant go wrong, I always reach for a WE mag before the TM, they are just backups now.
Thanks for all the help. You've convinced me to buy 10 magazines from Evike just now.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications