Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Open chamber WE M4/Scar/PDW/G39/l85

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 27th, 2012, 00:36   #226
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank

I personally would stay away from any 6.01 on WE OB system, myself had experience of dirt and other stuff get into the chamber while I was crowling and caused jamming after. other words, dirts are easier to get into you TB barrel in OB system, and TB barrel are easier to get jammed.
Old July 27th, 2012, 10:02   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
No, you can install any barrel you want.

BUT I would stay with 6.03 and above. Tighter than that brings FPS up and accuracy down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@NK View Post
I personally would stay away from any 6.01 on WE OB system, myself had experience of dirt and other stuff get into the chamber while I was crowling and caused jamming after. other words, dirts are easier to get into you TB barrel in OB system, and TB barrel are easier to get jammed.
Those are all things I'd like to avoid, especially because I'm extending the barrel to help increase overall accuracy as well.

Thanks you two!
Quote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 22:36   #228
Huron
GabeGuitarded

My M4 seems to be pushing BB's too far into the chamber.. If the hop-up is turned down too much (to the point that .28's don't arc up, not all the way off), BB's fall out of the barrel when pointed down, or fire out of the gun at a severely reduced (read: useless) speed. This is using a Modify VSR bucking (http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/...fy&catid=&cat=), not sure if that has any bearing on it.
Old August 1st, 2012, 02:21   #229
Fox62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeGuitarded View Post
My M4 seems to be pushing BB's too far into the chamber.. If the hop-up is turned down too much (to the point that .28's don't arc up, not all the way off), BB's fall out of the barrel when pointed down, or fire out of the gun at a severely reduced (read: useless) speed. This is using a Modify VSR bucking (http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/...fy&catid=&cat=), not sure if that has any bearing on it.
That's an excellent bucking for OB guns. You're using green gas, right? Your bucking's probably a bit lubed and BB's are just sliding by. I've had the same problem on a pistol that shoots beautifully (human sized at 170ft., with only 280 FPS!), just leave that extra hop up on and you should be fine. Not sure if other people know of a fix for this issue?

Fox.
Fox62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2012, 02:22   #230
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

I have a modify bucking in my carbine too, I've noticed it seats deeper than the stock WE bucking, but so far I haven't had an issue with it falling out. In fact, I've had the opposite issue of being unable to unchamber a BB when unloading.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2012, 13:02   #231
Ozone06

Hmm I've been having issues with OB we with Double feeding. It Shoots fine for 3-4 rounds then a BB gets chopped and one gets stuck in the outer ring of the nozzle.

I was talking to t@nk about it and I loc-tited the back pin for the buffer spring but it still happening. I lube up my gun pretty well but I'll strip it down and try again.
Ozone06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2012, 17:55   #232
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone06 View Post
Hmm I've been having issues with OB we with Double feeding. It Shoots fine for 3-4 rounds then a BB gets chopped and one gets stuck in the outer ring of the nozzle.

I was talking to t@nk about it and I loc-tited the back pin for the buffer spring but it still happening. I lube up my gun pretty well but I'll strip it down and try again.
How old is your mag?

Your feed lips might simply be worn out.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2012, 19:42   #233
Huron
GabeGuitarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox62 View Post
That's an excellent bucking for OB guns. You're using green gas, right? Your bucking's probably a bit lubed and BB's are just sliding by. I've had the same problem on a pistol that shoots beautifully (human sized at 170ft., with only 280 FPS!), just leave that extra hop up on and you should be fine. Not sure if other people know of a fix for this issue?

Fox.
Running CO2, switching to GG/propane soon though. No lube in the hop-up. If I turn the hop-up high enough to hold the BB's, my gun is useless. Unless I have completely unfogged eyepro and my taclight on, I'm gonna have no idea where my shots are going and no first shot accuracy. Maybe I'll have to switch to .3's.
Old August 1st, 2012, 19:53   #234
Ozone06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
How old is your mag?

Your feed lips might simply be worn out.
I'm running CO2 and maybe 4 mags through each (I have 12 and rotate them) I'll post pics of the mag lips when I get home.
Ozone06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2012, 22:31   #235
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Running CO2, switching to GG/propane soon though. No lube in the hop-up. If I turn the hop-up high enough to hold the BB's, my gun is useless. Unless I have completely unfogged eyepro and my taclight on, I'm gonna have no idea where my shots are going and no first shot accuracy. Maybe I'll have to switch to .3's.
Well, there is something wrong... since I am using exclusively .28s and the hop-up is almost at full with the stock rubber...

You are better take it apart and find the issue than applying a band-aid and break something else...
Old August 1st, 2012, 23:02   #236
Huron
GabeGuitarded

Is there silicone oil on your rubber? Mine is dry, and the Modify rubber is pretty soft (designed for 300-340fps judging from the charts Modify provides). However, I am shooting slightly less than that so I don't see why I would be over-hopping.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 01:44   #237
Eien

Just wondering if anyone had a issue with their m4 outer barrel curving up a bit? Not sure if it's my eyes or not but mine is like that for some odd reason.
Eien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012, 03:21   #238
Fox62
Banned

Quote:
Is there silicone oil on your rubber? Mine is dry, and the Modify rubber is pretty soft (designed for 300-340fps judging from the charts Modify provides). However, I am shooting slightly less than that so I don't see why I would be over-hopping.
Eh, forget about the hardness of buckings. SO many soft buckings made for high powered guns. Take the Modify and Nine Ball, both are made for the VSR which is usually taken from 450 to 600 FPS. I've run my Modify bucking on my SCAR for about 6 months, and it's shooting at around 500 FPS.

I don't have a WE M4, so I can't really help you more than what I suggested, as I've never heard of this happenning on the SCAR.

Fox.
Fox62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 17:30   #239
BG.Ghost8

Hey everyone!

Does anyone know the approximate height or amount of turns (from the closed position) of an open bolt NPAS adjustment, to get a we scar to shoot at 350 fps with .2's for chrono?

As well the inner barrel is the stock CQC one and using propane.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited by BG.Ghost8; August 9th, 2012 at 17:41..
BG.Ghost8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 17:36   #240
Kos-Mos

You know that this is based on temperature and altitude right?

I will check what my rifle is set tonight, at least you will have a guideline.
Keep in mind that 1 turn = 50 fps (at least in my rifle, I had to open the valve 1 turn to go from 340 to 390)
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications