IR Lasers & DBAL's at games.

:

Accessories Discussion

Old May 17th, 2013, 23:13   #166
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrashRider View Post
Well it is a thin line to walk as isn't directly supporting or by any other means.

I would rather say "support" or promote the use of retailers who already import or will import eye safe lasers. My miss understanding was thinking they had eye safe visible versions still not importable. I guess there is no eye safe visible versions. That would by default mean just IR Class 1 lasers.

As given to me
http://www.scoutbasecamp.ca/category/infrared-lasers

Could be a source of legally imported Class 1 lasers if Rampart may is longer be selling/importing them. Website might not be ready for import I guess as well, have to check with them first.
The main problem that arises is that these people want to be "seall33treconrangers" with task force Daisy Chain.

The individuals in this community have, in the past, and frequently since then, displayed a blatant disregard and lack of concern in regard to American export restrictions and legalities. It has nothing to do with not being "allowed" to have things, it has to do with not wanting to pay taxes or take the time to do paperwork.

The flip side of the coin is that if these Canadian companies got their shit in order and had us sign a small piece for paper, they could sell us anything they fucking want, as I could legally export from the U.S., and import into Canada, almost any piece of ITAR equipment that is allowed to be owned by a Civilian in the U.S., so long as it is not a prohibited device in Canada.

Anyone who wants to argue, don't bother, I've dealt directly with ITAR both during work and for my own possession on numerous occasions. I've signed the end user agreements and filed the paperwork.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 01:28   #167
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrashRider View Post
Well it is a thin line to walk as isn't directly supporting or by any other means.

I would rather say "support" or promote the use of retailers who already import or will import eye safe lasers. My miss understanding was thinking they had eye safe visible versions still not importable. I guess there is no eye safe visible versions. That would by default mean just IR Class 1 lasers.

As given to me
http://www.scoutbasecamp.ca/category/infrared-lasers

Could be a source of legally imported Class 1 lasers if Rampart may is longer be selling/importing them. Website might not be ready for import I guess as well, have to check with them first.
According to Armasight website Drakos are not ITAR restricted hence its easily exportable. LDI's D-BAL AFAIK requires export permit.

On the flip side Drakos uses wireless activation tab and adjustment are made to the mount which are not loved in some circles.

Last edited by kullwarrior; May 18th, 2013 at 01:30..
kullwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 05:20   #168
KrashRider

So the problem with the lasers really is the IR level output. Visible lasers could have a dangerously high output of IR even though the unit says it is low power. From what I have read the IR filter or lack of is the problem. Is it even possible to put and IR filter on visible laser to make them safe?

Last edited by KrashRider; May 24th, 2013 at 05:33..
KrashRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 16:04   #169
c3sk
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Visible lasers for canada cannot exceed 5 mW. In order for a civilian to own and operate an IR laser legally, it must be designated as a class 1 IR laser.

This is governed by the FDA, and Health Canada.

As a Canadian, it is VERY easy to file the paperwork to purchase a obtain a civilian level ITAR item from the USA. The fee is $250.00 USD per request, this is an administration fee with the US State Department. Places like rampart charge $300.00. (The extra $50.00 is their fee for doing the paperwork for you)

However this is something you can just go and do yourselves, you will be subject to an international background check, most likely Interpol which will look for criminal charges, as well your name is most likely run through the US databases for hits. Obviously only DHS Agents and members within that department will know the details of the background checks.

Step 1:
Figure out what product you want to buy that is restricted under ITAR: LDI, ITT, Ops-Core, L3, Wilcox, Norotos, etc etc.

Step 2:
See if the company handles direct international sales, and see if they will assit you in acquiring an export permit for said item. Ops-Core is now set up for international sales of it's Ballistic Helmet with an export permit, although the waiting list is extremely long.

Step 3:
Get your permit for the item you want to purchase.
http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/licensing/forms.html

For Temporary export, you would fill out and submit a DSP-61 (Unclassified Defense Articles) Otherwise you would fill out and submit a DSP-5 (Unclassified Defense Articles).

After 6-8 weeks, pending your background check you will have a permit to export that particular item. Your name will be registered with the Department of State, and if you transfer the item to anyone you will be obligated to fill out a DSP-6 form to transfer the item from person to person. (Start the process over again)

There, now everyone knows - good hunting!

Last edited by c3sk; May 24th, 2013 at 16:07..
c3sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 07:53   #170
KrashRider

Thor Global Defense Group might be able help as well with export of ITAR items.

http://www.thorgdg.com/export/

Or

http://www.knesekguns.com/commercial/

Last edited by KrashRider; May 29th, 2013 at 08:12..
KrashRider is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion