Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WETTI/AWSS - M4/SCAR/HK416 - Technical Summary Thread

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old January 2nd, 2010, 21:25   #151
jamuke

find a Bic lighter and take out the spring, clip it to length, they even taper at the ends and will probably fit nice and snug over the pin
Old January 4th, 2010, 12:42   #152

So, I discovered why I was able to get a 2-3 round burst out of semi-auto.

It's the same root cause that eventually led to the gun firing full-auto when I release the trigger with the selector on auto. That's right - it fires full-auto without a finger on the trigger.

Turns out the hammer was worn by the stress testing I've been performing on the new CNC Steel Trigger I'm making. It wore the trigger catch on the bottom of the hammer down so it would no longer catch on the trigger and stop the hammer from moving forward when the trigger is released.

So if any of you develop similar symptoms over time, where you can get a "burst" on semi, or continuous full-auto fire after releasing the trigger, your hammer is worn - or the top of the trigger that makes contact with the hammer.

Looks like the triggers will have to be a group set with the hammer, disconnector, and trigger all included to prevent premature wear on any of the three parts that contact each other.

808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:49   #153
KoolAidMan

How many people here would like a review of the HK416?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public
KoolAidMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:51   #154
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAidMan View Post
How many people here would like a review of the HK416?
It's the same operating system no? so what would you be reviewing? the body?

the externals?
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:52   #155
m102404
Tys

Since this is more in the "tech" section vs. review section...I'd rather you ran it for a couple of thousand rounds and then put up your observations on performance, reliability, wear-tear, etc....

I could kind of care less in this thread if your plastic grip has a seam line or not...but in another review thread that'd be cool.

If you can accumulate solid technical info...I'd be more than happy to alter the thread title to include the 416. I haven't compiled the first couple of posts in a long time...probably should do that again soon.

BTW...I've made Version 1 of my adjustable valve...very *cough* similar to RATech's production unit...but just the floating valve, not the complete nozzle. I've got a couple of locals who are going to drop them into their rifles and see how they hold up. Takes about 5-10min per valve and costs me about $0.05.

Tys

Last edited by m102404; January 8th, 2010 at 11:07..
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 11:50   #156
KoolAidMan

it'll be more of a performance review pump 10k of round throught it in a month and see how it looks update at 20k ect

i'd be perfect to do that type of stress testing i game every week and use 1000 -2000 bb's a game roughly there might be improvements to the internals so i'll include that as well .

hopefully the've improved the parts prone to breakage in this model

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public
KoolAidMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 03:36   #157
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Holy shit, so as local players have know, I haven't been out to games much, except CAPS because my WE SCAR needs mags... Trying to painfully save up for them, as problems with the hi-capas rises. LOL

Anyways, wtf?

I probably put about under 1000 shots dry fire and rounds in and no problems, till I was bored and checked the hinge plate. Seeing there's like reallllllllly small hair line cracks around the top. Opened her up and checked where the recoil rod butt sits, and there's very small hair line cracks. It's not big, I just threw in some adhesive double sided foam tape. Seems to buffer but I miss the clinging sounds.

Anyways, I was using propane and that happens. lol

I COULD order a $10 replacement, but seems like Evike is really bad?
Hmm, where on earth could I get a CNC one so I can have the extra fun with the clinging and metal bashing?

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 07:26   #158
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
I order from evike... no problems other than a bit of waiting...
if you make an order from them, order a few reinforced part#66 at the same time

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 08:59   #159
BIG

Hey guys!

I just finished my prototype for the broken hindge problem. It is a small PVC bloc that is placed (glued) in the lower recever. The bolt now will hit both the new bloc and the normal stopper at the same time. So it should divide the recoil force by 2 on the hindge plate. I will do some testing and maybe I will shorten the normal stopper so all the recoil force is on the new bloc.

See pictures so you can understand what the hell I'm talking about.

I'll test it soon as my gun is not in working order right now. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll post the dimensions of the block when I did some tests.

Comments?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4742.JPG (289.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4745.JPG (331.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4746.JPG (307.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4748.JPG (312.3 KB, 23 views)
BIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 11:58   #160
Cilantro
formerly Omega!

Ah the ol' "KSC Solution". This is a great idea, and one of the first things I'd do if I owned a SCAR. Again, some long-term performance reviews would be great for this sort of thing. Good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG View Post
Hey guys!

I just finished my prototype for the broken hindge problem. It is a small PVC bloc that is placed (glued) in the lower recever. The bolt now will hit both the new bloc and the normal stopper at the same time. So it should divide the recoil force by 2 on the hindge plate. I will do some testing and maybe I will shorten the normal stopper so all the recoil force is on the new bloc.

I'll test it soon as my gun is not in working order right now. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll post the dimensions of the block when I did some tests.

Comments?
Old January 9th, 2010, 12:03   #161

Looks good. Wouldn't mind giving it a try!

On a "technical" note though, I gamed my SCAR at Xtreme-Tactics last weekend, and I discovered something very interesting.

In the back area - there are "effect lights" including a black-light. Under the black-light, my FDE SCAR-L glows bright-white.

Just a word of warning in case any of your indoor arenas use a black-light, you will look like you're carrying a space blaster.

No joke - it was so bad, I stayed out of the area for the remainder of the day.

808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 12:10   #162
ShelledPants

As soon as I'm comfortable with my new SCAR, she's getting painted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808 View Post
Looks good. Wouldn't mind giving it a try!

On a "technical" note though, I gamed my SCAR at Xtreme-Tactics last weekend, and I discovered something very interesting.

In the back area - there are "effect lights" including a black-light. Under the black-light, my FDE SCAR-L glows bright-white.

Just a word of warning in case any of your indoor arenas use a black-light, you will look like you're carrying a space blaster.

No joke - it was so bad, I stayed out of the area for the remainder of the day.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 16:03   #163
m102404
Tys

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG View Post
Hey guys!

Comments?
That rocks...simple is best.

Comments
1. Slot/"hollow" the block a bit so it compresses/"crumples" a bit?
2. Is it hard to pull out? The GHK AK rubber block (they do the same sort of thing) is a BITCH to pull out...until you use a 3" deck screw. Drill it in a bit and then use the screw to pull it out.

Tys
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2010, 08:01   #164
BIG

Well, I'm planning to just glue it in place. No need to remove it after I think.
BIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2010, 11:16   #165
NVC

Hey Big looks pretty good keep us all updated on your results. I did the mouse pad mod but if the pad is too thick the carrier bolt will not cycle completely back. I just used a thinner mouse pad and its been working good for me so far.

Custom Kydex Holsters - pm me for details
NVC is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications