Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old November 7th, 2012, 16:57   #1606
GP

Yes sorry for my bad form, I was intending this .

No mod are disctructive but if you want to use the gun whit original parts you can add a litle pice of alluminium or plastic polimer to close before the valve............
I use attack for mine..........hahahaha very simple.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 17:43   #1607
Lessard

I have a hi capa 5.1, and it's not cycling properly. O ring in the blowback unit is oiled, mag is full of gas, it just can't push the slide back hard enough to load the next round. it's also pissing gas out at the back end with every shot, which makes me think the seal in the blowback unit might be bad, but there's no damage. Any suggestions?
Lessard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 18:40   #1608
one2three_us

As long as u did not short stroke ur pistol, then u have a crack on ur loading nozzle
one2three_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 18:59   #1609
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

I can only think of two things that would cause this:

1) A cracked nozzle, as one2three_us pointed out
2) You forgot to reinstall all the guts in the nozzle (if you'd swapped).

Don't feel ashamed if it's the latter. You have no idea how many times I've heard someone say "what?! there's stuff in there? I threw that entire cracked nozzle out!"
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 20:48   #1610
e-luder

Hey Brian,

Is it possible to sharpen out the edges of disconnector t-bar so that it is sharp edged? could i also do the same thing to my sear? the edges are worn and kind off rounded off. I was wondering if this would be a viable temporary solution until the replacement parts come in.

Also, my outer barrel is tilting in the opposite direction (muzzle points down towards the ground) and jams on the slide return. what would be causing this? The barrel is a hi-cap 4.3 one piece bull barrel. I thinking that the hop up is somehow being pushed upwards on the slides travel to the rear but i cant figure out what's causing it to do this.

Lastly, my trigger keeps jamming and not returning to full ready fire position. It's somehow jamming my hammer from returning to its upright position at which time needs coaxing to get it both to full rest. the trigger is particularly problematic because i need to pull on it it a few times and results in accidental fire.

i dunno man. can't figure it out. I'm hoping you may have a few possible solutions.

Thanks in advance.
Old November 10th, 2012, 03:42   #1611
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
Hey Brian,

Is it possible to sharpen out the edges of disconnector t-bar so that it is sharp edged? could i also do the same thing to my sear? the edges are worn and kind off rounded off. I was wondering if this would be a viable temporary solution until the replacement parts come in.
well... what's the reasoning for doing this? Is it not functioning as it should? My concern about modifying these critical components, is that you can easily cause accidental discharges or other firing anomalies. (ie, pulling the trigger and nothing happening).

Quote:
Also, my outer barrel is tilting in the opposite direction (muzzle points down towards the ground) and jams on the slide return. what would be causing this? The barrel is a hi-cap 4.3 one piece bull barrel. I thinking that the hop up is somehow being pushed upwards on the slides travel to the rear but i cant figure out what's causing it to do this.
Sounds like you have a crap barrel that's not fitting properly to the hop up chamber, and/or it's a heavy steel outer barrel portion attached to a lighter weight aluminum chamber, causing it to tilt forward. It's impossible for the hop up chamber to move, as the slide lock holds it in place.

I'd recommend swapping that barrel to something else. Even if not tilting backwards, at most, it should just be pointing straight - NOT pointing downwards.

Quote:
Lastly, my trigger keeps jamming and not returning to full ready fire position. It's somehow jamming my hammer from returning to its upright position at which time needs coaxing to get it both to full rest. the trigger is particularly problematic because i need to pull on it it a few times and results in accidental fire.
Sounds like the trigger disconnector's bar isn't slipping behind the sear properly. This is caused by multiple causes - all of which, reduce the amount of space between the trigger stirrup and the sear. The disconnector needs enough space to slip behind there, otherwise you can experience the symptoms you're describing. Watch the firing action with the beavertail safety removed. You can see what's happening (or not happening) easier that way
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 07:40   #1612
kar120c

Where have you taken this rear sight for the Detonics? I want it for mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.phresh View Post

here's the BBU from my strike warrior.

I don't have a hi-capa or standard 1911 BBU to compare at the moment.

But if you think about it...
- detonics/strike warrior, they are the same slide. I have a metal detonics slide that I can use in place of the strike warrior slide.
- The 1911 MEU mag is compatible in the Detonics.

So i can't imagine that the BBU is any smaller.

I may be picking up a TM 1911 this week. If nobody can take the a comparison photo I'll try to get one later this week.
kar120c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 08:04   #1613
kar120c

Quick way to fit a fake "red" silencer/compensator to my Detonics

Due to new law of my country to take outside my Detonics I need to have last 3cm of the muzzle of red colour. My Detonics is upgraded with guarder alu kit and alu barrel. The barrel si not threaded so I wish to know is there a quick way to attach somenthing to the the barrel not in permanent way
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:55   #1614
Lessard

The nozzle is new, I installed it yesterday... I'm starting to wonder if I should soak the piston ring in silicone oil for a while, because it seems to soak it up pretty fast. How would I short stroke it? Never done that before, who knows, maybe I did it by accident...
Lessard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 15:22   #1615
p.phresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar120c View Post
Where have you taken this rear sight for the Detonics? I want it for mine
That slide is from the TM strike warrior. You can try to find a stock rear sight from TM. There is no aftermarket replacement for that sight. The best you can do is get 4.3 sights or Novak type sights and get them to custom fit, but it will take a lot of work.

And as for your barrel question. You can get orange plugs you can just fit into the tip of your barrel for transport, or use orange tape around the end of your gun when you're transporting it. Do you have to keep the orange tip on there permanently when you're using it?
p.phresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 02:30   #1616
kar120c

Quote:
That slide is from the TM strike warrior. You can try to find a stock rear sight from TM. There is no aftermarket replacement for that sight. The best you can do is get 4.3 sights or Novak type sights and get them to custom fit, but it will take a lot of work.

And as for your barrel question. You can get orange plugs you can just fit into the tip of your barrel for transport, or use orange tape around the end of your gun when you're transporting it. Do you have to keep the orange tip on there permanently when you're using it?
Yes, Italian law want a perment red, but I don't want tu ruin my pistol so I want to find a way to quickly put the red one off
Old November 11th, 2012, 07:51   #1617
GP

Hi car120c...............in milan we have the same problem.................hahahahaha
I use an adapter 12\14mm to use normal pices from aeg

Were are you ???
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 07:57   #1618
kar120c

Hi, I am in La Spezia The problem is that my barrel is not threatned so I can't use what you suggest
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Hi car120c...............in milan we have the same problem.................hahahahaha
I use an adapter 12\14mm to use normal pices from aeg

Were are you ???
Old November 11th, 2012, 08:04   #1619
kar120c

Quote:

A question because you are one of the few owner of s Strike Warrior. the slide, excluding the rear sight is the same of my Detonics, I suppose. So i ask you if you have found as upgrade part a new bb unit, very similar to 1911 series but samller
Old November 12th, 2012, 10:06   #1620
p.phresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar120c View Post
A question because you are one of the few owner of s Strike Warrior. the slide, excluding the rear sight is the same of my Detonics, I suppose. So i ask you if you have found as upgrade part a new bb unit, very similar to 1911 series but samller
no I haven't found any aftermarket BBH or nozzles. the best you can do is buy and ARMY Detonics and transplant the internals from that.
p.phresh is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications