Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Upgrading my cyber arms m4

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old June 17th, 2011, 12:06   #1
OldSchoolDaisySniper

Upgrading my cyber arms m4

Now before everyone starts crying about how crap the gun is i just dont give a rats ass lol. My idea is to take my little brother cyber arms M4 from the field duty kit u buy at walmart and change everything but the body. I hear its compatible with TM is this true? Also what would be a good gear box to replace the crap plastic one with?
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:08   #2
Strelok

... Its really, really not worth it. But if you insist, http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...roducts_id=757 should do the job just fine for your gun.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:15   #3
OldSchoolDaisySniper

thats a spring brah, looking to upgrade the gearbox first as its shit plastic. i know for a fact that just throwing a new spring in it will cause the gun to shoot a few times then never again
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:20   #4
Strelok

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolDaisySniper View Post
I know for a fact that just throwing a new spring in it will cause the gun to shoot a few times then never again
That was the point.

Seriously dude, Your money would be better spent on an actual gun rather than some walmart POS.

You're not saving any money by doing this, you can stuff a diamond into big pile of shit, but in the end, it'll still be a big pile of shit.
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:24   #5
OldSchoolDaisySniper

alright man ur kid attitude isnt needed. if you have nothing good to say then just fuck off. people like you arent needed anywhere
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:28   #6
George Burdell

You could just get an aftermath gun; they actually have the possibility of working, unlike the one you have chosen.
George Burdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:30   #7
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

Quote:
alright man ur kid attitude isnt needed. if you have nothing good to say then just fuck off. people like you arent needed anywhere
Smarten up and re read what he posted. It's good advice...and report another post I have to waste my time on will get you put on the naughty step brah!
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:30   #8
Strelok

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...&highlight=A17

And if you were verified. I'd link you to a thread on this very subject where a user named Conflict wanted to 'Upgrade' his A17 walmart special and ended up getting the same answer.

You're not going to get any answers in different, the guns a peice of shit. Its not worth it, and to be quite frank with you.

This is Airsoft Canada. Not Clearsoft Canada.

And sure, if this gun is TM compatable you're free to find out. You can easily help yourself by going to Google.com, search 'Drop in Gearbox for M4', buy one, stick it in your gun and whammo. Done deal, you don't need forum help to do this. Perhaps a bit of effort would help you. And if that gearbox doesn't happen to work, perhaps you could use a bit of thinking power to realize that these plastic guns aren't made for actual AEG parts. I doubt the thing will even get proper compression.

Last edited by Strelok; June 17th, 2011 at 12:34..
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:31   #9
OldSchoolDaisySniper

i have a few of my own this is just an old gun ive had and my little brother loves to use. even over my higher end m4's. essentially it will be a different gun in a ca m4 body. sorta like a mustang engine in a civic lol.
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:33   #10
OldSchoolDaisySniper

like the post says in the BEGINNING "Now before everyone starts crying about how crap the gun is i just dont give a rats ass" simple as that
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:38   #11
George Burdell

Quote:
like the post says in the BEGINNING "Now before everyone starts crying about how crap the gun is i just dont give a rats ass" simple as that
Get and aftermath gun, it will probably cost you as much as upgrading that one. Also I really doubt that your gun is TM compatible.
George Burdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:51   #12
OldSchoolDaisySniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Burdell View Post
Also I really doubt that your gun is TM compatible.

lol i doubt it to but this is what i read on google. The gun does work, it has worked for about 3 years with no problems 2 of them years as an extra for anyone who wanted to give airsoft a try. so its been beat up hard

now i apologize for sounding like a dick but im posting asking for info on parts not get a new gun, or this will be cheaper.. money is not a problem and i have many more gats then this one. Now if anyone knows of a decent gearbox that will fit or i can retro fit into this gun then let me know.. other then that.. yes everyone knows its a crap gun. stop beating a dead horse
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:59   #13
Disco_Dante

Like the man said, google drop in mechboxes for m4s, buy one, and put it in your crappy gun. No one knows any that will be guaranteed to fit because we have better things to do with our time and our money. Your question has been answered twice now.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 13:28   #14
THe_Silencer

Quote:
i have a few of my own this is just an old gun ive had and my little brother loves to use. even over my higher end m4's. essentially it will be a different gun in a ca m4 body. sorta like a mustang engine in a civic lol.
Literally any metal V2 gearbox is better than the stock walmart POS. But you would already know that b/c you already own "higher end M4s". Right brah? In fact, you can just swap out those gearboxes from those higher end M4s of yours and find out yourself if it fits. Much better than posting on a forum and getting uncertain/sarcastic answers. We cool brah?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 13:28   #15
MultipleParadox

I kind of fail to understand the logic into this... You do know what's obvious and been said before, say money is not an issue, but still pursue the objective of fitting something into another thing not made for first thing? I just don't get the logic in that O_o

And I guess any V2 Gearbox would "fit" as they're practically all TM compatible, correct me if I'm wrong (excluding the split GB of course)

But if the gun ain't broken and been working fine since 3 years, why the "upgrade"? Serious question.

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications