Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Strange Wire in G&G L85A1

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 7th, 2009, 01:28   #1
lawldragon

Strange Wire in G&G L85A1

So I was tuning up my gearbox and one of the metal pieces managed to snap off(L85B53) But here's the strange part, looking at the wiring, this metal piece connected to the wire doesn't seem to serve any purpose as it doesn't play any part in completing the circuit and the gun still fires fine without it.

I've contacted G&G about the problem but they have been thoroughly uncooperative, claiming that the function of this part is "too difficult to explain in words" and keep telling me that it will cost $5 USD + shipping to replace then refers me to CAS. I have tried to explain that if there is no problem with just leaving it disconnected then I would rather save the time and energy to replace the part and resolder it.

So here's the question, is it okay if I just leave it disconnected or will that cause damage to the aeg in the long run? I have attached an explosion diagram of the part, the part in question is the "L85B53" and to my knowledge, the gun only fires when the contact points in the part "L85B23" are connected. I'm no expert, so could anybody here possibly enlighten me as to the purpose of this strange contraption? Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf explosion.pdf (1.28 MB, 15 views)
lawldragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2009, 01:44   #2
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Where did it snap off from?

It may just be the mechanism to allow the blowback to move but a G&G L85 is better off not having blowback as that messes up the semi-auto function

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2009, 02:28   #3
lawldragon

The entire metal piece pretty much snapped off, and I'm pretty sure it's not for the blowback since the whole system is based on the piston pushing it back then the dust cover spring pulling it back forward again which is why this is so confusing. The metal piece is only connected when the part L85B23 is pulled back but when that is the case, the circuit is incomplete
lawldragon is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner