Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&P M4

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old November 24th, 2005, 23:21   #1
desperado2
Banned

G&P M4

Hi I was just wondering, I know that the G&P M4 comes stock with a 190% spring (or I believe so) and shoots fast out of the box. I also know that a 8.4 600mah battery is a little too small for the gun. So if I put a PDI Spring 120% in it to replace the 190% spring, how fast would the M4 shoot? Also how long would 8.4V 600maH battery last for if I downgraded to a 120% spring? I know that the M4 can use a 9.4V 1700mah batterie but I prefer using an 8.4 600maH battery. I also believe doing this would increase the life of my AEG (correct me if am wrong) Anyone who acually has a G&P M4 I would love to hear your opinion, everyone elses opinion is welcome thanks ahead of time.
Also I was talking about the G&P M4A1 Marine extendable stock. Thanks again!
desperado2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2005, 23:35   #2
mcguyver

i made for one fellow (who had some 8.4v 600 mah minis) a "splitter" of sorts. basically it was a y-adapter to connect 2 minis to one gun (if you follow me). the result looked like a nunchuck battery but is universal as you can use it with 8.4v or 9.6v minis. it allowed for easy fit into the g&p as 9.6v 1700mah nunchucks would not fit due to the re-inforced barrel arrangement. i don't recommend keeping batteries in that connection when not in use in the gun as voltage potentials that will exist between batteries will cause current to flow between the batteries and end up killing both (usually irreversable). however during game play it's fine as the current flow is much higher anyway. but if you detune your gun with an 120 series spring you'll still be in the mid-300's and your current usage will decrease, giving you more play time on a given battery. as some g&p m4's come with the 190% pdi spring, those guns will not run on 1 8.4v mini, but i have got them to run with 2 and my splitter arangement, but play time is still limited (around 500-600 rounds). my spr/a with a 9.6v 2100mah battery and 190% spring and i get around 1100-1200 rounds on 1 battery.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2005, 23:56   #3
vlun
actually, I had a G&P m4a1 run at 425 fps (0.2gram bb) on a 8.4v 600mah battery when they were brand new. but lately, they can no longer run. I'm back to a 9.6 1700.

my m4 died on me after 3 months of play ... maybe 2000 rounds went thru them. ken told me the switch box needed to be replaced ... not sure what that means.

at 425 fps, it's not bang accurate at 30, 40 metres. you might be off by 10 cm. I have never played airsoft games, so I don't know what it feels like to play with anything below that limit. what does stock feel like? it must be a little baby toy to me. G&P m4s don't have that electric toy sound at 425 fps.

anyhow, at 350 fps, 8.4 600mah battery should be sufficient.
v-d0g
Old November 25th, 2005, 00:02   #4
mcguyver

generally speaking they don't run on 8.4v 600mah minis. all the ones i've worked on i've used a 9.6-1700mah from my peq to run them in test/shakedown trials. in the field on a day colder than room temp, forget it! plinking in the basement is one thing, but field-ready takes a little more.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2005, 08:20   #5
desperado2
Banned

K thanks guys, and also which 9.4V 1700mah battery fits right into the handgrip because I dont like it when I have an external battery and I like the extendable stock thanks again.
desperado2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2005, 09:07   #6
vlun
a sanyo one will fit. if u can, buy it on ebay. I got mine from a store on ebay called onlybatterypacks, but unfortunately, he's all out right now. it costed me 70 dollars canadian.

v-d0g
Old November 25th, 2005, 09:22   #7
BC_K
Banned

Just my two cents, Onlybatterypack's uses shitty cells in their packs. The ones I've gotten from them were all crap. (Didnt hold charge, didnt crank my gun. My Sanyo 8.4v 600 performed better then a 9.6v 4000 from Onlybatterypacks.)

Stick to Sanyo or "Nuclear Power", God damn those Nuclear cell's run extrememly well, A 9.6v 1700 from Nuclear put out over 3200rds on my friends G&P M4.
BC_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2005, 09:27   #8
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion