Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Station IX

:

WW1, WW2

Old June 27th, 2013, 23:41   #1
need_a_name

Station IX

For those who dont know what station IX is, it was a secret british factory set in 'The Frythe' mansion near the town of Welwyn during world war II. This secret factory was the birth place of many inventions for the secret service during the war. These included the sleeve gun, the sten silencer and the welrod pistol, which is exactly what iam planning on doing.
this is what i'l be working with.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...14380429_n.jpg
and this is what iam going to try to achieve.
http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/image...1287717873.jpg
I will be using a springer walther P22, washers, pipping of various sizes and what ever else I need to do the conversion.
need_a_name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2013, 11:57   #2
Pockets

Interesting. keep us informed of your progress. =)
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2013, 15:33   #3
peacekeeper
formerly bazza

may I suggest using a mk1 pistol and modifying it . after all it was modeled after the weapon your looking for
peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2013, 16:01   #4
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacekeeper View Post
may I suggest using a mk1 pistol and modifying it . after all it was modeled after the weapon your looking for
Agreed. You would certainly get a better starting point.

Edit:
That's actually a pretty neat pistol. The magazine is the grip and when removed makes everything hilariously compact. Good find.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.

Last edited by ShelledPants; June 30th, 2013 at 16:04..
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 01:07   #5
need_a_name

I had actually never though about using a mk.1 pistol, however I still find that the springer pistol is a better option simply because 1: the mk.1 is a semi auto gas operated, and the welrod is a bolt action weapon. I also believe that the mk.1 ruger was originaly inspired but a captured japanese nambu pistol not the welrod.
2: Although I already have a mk.1 I couldn't live with myself chopping it up and trying to figure it out. I'd rather sacrifice 30 bucks instead of a hundred with an experimental project.

Now progress has been slow due to work and other chores however progress is progress I guess. I first gutted the pistol of anything useless and that would eventually get in the way. so off with the sights, I guess you could call it the recoil spring, the extremely anoying safety and other tid bits. I was intending of using the original lower receiver however after some thinking I though i'd be easier to make a new one. This way I could easily attach everything to the tube. so here it is.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...04212193_n.jpg
could anybody help me with posting photos, I cant seem to find a guide anywherre

Last edited by need_a_name; July 5th, 2013 at 13:42..
Old July 5th, 2013, 11:10   #6
leecas
The Rain Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by need_a_name View Post
I had actually never though about using a mk.1 pistol, however I still find that the springer pistol is a better option simply because 1: the mk.1 is a semi auto gas operated, and the welrod is a bolt action weapon. I also believe that the mk.1 ruger was originaly inspired but a captured japanese nambu pistol not the welrod.
2: Although I already have a mk.1 I couldn't live with myself chopping it up and trying to figure it out. I'd rather sacrifice 30 bucks instead of a hundred with an experimental project.

Now progress has been slow due to work and other chores however progress is progress I guess. I first gutted the pistol of anything useless and that would eventually get in the way. so off with the sights, I guess you could call it the recoil spring, the extremely anoying safety and other tid bits. I was intending of using the original lower receiver however after some thinking I though i'd be easier to make a new one. This way I could easily attach everything to the tube. so here it is.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...36235999_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...04212193_n.jpg
could anybody help me with posting photos, I cant seem to find a guide anywherre
Cut and paste your link to the photo. Highlight the texted of the link and then hit the image button on the toolbar above (the box with mountain) or just add [IMG] at the beginning and [/IMG] at the end.

Last edited by leecas; July 5th, 2013 at 11:13..
leecas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 13:42   #7
need_a_name

alrigth sweet I got it now, thank you very much.
Old July 11th, 2013, 18:37   #8
need_a_name

alrigth so I finaly got to do some more work on the welrod. I started to add on the magazine well, I cut the pipe down to its size and cut the hole in the pipe for the whole assembly to fit in. I still got to clean up the whole. heres some pics, hope you enjoy.

-name
Old July 18th, 2013, 11:48   #9
Pockets

keep up the good work =)
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 00:12   #10
need_a_name

Alrigth here is the latest work. I am not to happy with how it looks. I am going to clean it up more, and try a diferent way of welding it on the other side to accentuate the curves more. Hopefully this shows you the way iam mounting it. I ddn't drill the holes yet for the screws but on the tube is a welded plate with two welded nuts and welded to the pistol mechanism is a plate with holes (that arn't yet drilled as mentioned above) that bolts will past through holding everything together. The same will be done on the other side.
here are the pics

-name
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > WW1, WW2