Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Repro Crye combat set questions

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 21st, 2011, 13:59   #1
Wantabe_Warrior

Repro Crye combat set questions

I was wondering if I should buy this: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/combat-ge...-multicam.html and import it or this: http://airsoftdepot.ca/catalog/produ...roducts_id=366. Does the Airsoft Depot set have removable joint pads? This is for my first kit so I'm currently leaning towards the Ehobby set because it's cheaper, but should I buy in canada because of better customer service (and a support local[canadian] store)?
Wantabe_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 14:13   #2
Conker

Yes, both have removable pads.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 14:15   #3
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

support local
haung also has quality stuff not to mention really fast shipping
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 21:01   #4
Wantabe_Warrior

Did some calculating, there would be about $10 in price between HK and Canada, and I'd rather not deal with customs, so I'll buy from Huang.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 14:43   #5
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

It's not also the customs, HK usually takes 14-20 days and it's usually more.
I have a set and I like it.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 15:20   #6
Nielsen

I actually JUST bought the same set from Airsoft Depot. Just got my hands on it Monday, haven't even had a chance to use it yet. As it's already been answered, it does come with the pads. I can't attest to the quality yet, but I look damn good in it =P
Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 17:09   #7
PugsleyAdams

Glenn, you're such a princess!! :P How do they fit size wise? Are they small compared to other bdu's of the same size range?

Last edited by PugsleyAdams; May 22nd, 2011 at 17:12..
PugsleyAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 01:07   #8
Nielsen

I actually got to use it today, here's my mini review (I'm no professional by any means):

I ordered a size medium, I'm 6'1, about 155lbs, so my issue is usually the length of clothes. The top fits pretty great, the sleeves are pretty roomy and I have the wrist velcro done up so it's fine there. The sleeves are also decent length, so they don't ride up too much, which I like. The actual shirt part is nice and light, mind you with the humidity today I was still boiling, without a vest on. I really have no issues with the shirt, I love it.

Now for the pants. For the most part they fit great, decent length again, pretty breathable too. The ankles are a little skinnier than I expected, but they still fit over my boots (my boots are shitty lower cut ones, and aren't long enough to fit inside my boots). Now, my only gripe with the whole set, the knee pads. The pads fit into a "pocket" inside the sleeve/pant leg and are held in minorly by velcro, mostly with the outter edge of the hard cap on the outside being over the hole for them in the elbow/knee. The elbow pads are fine and stay in place, the knees are the issue. They don't stay in place very well, and with the stretchy fabric around the knee, they're even more free to move. There IS a velcro strap on the back of each knee, but only one on the outer side, so all it does is pull the pad over to the side and makes it worse. I'm going to work on a solution, but for now it's the only issue. I didn't notice it TOO much while playing today, but I also did very little in the ways of kneeling to really see.

A friend with some authentic multicam pants compared with these, and these seem a bit more on the green side. However, his were also quite a bit older and a lot more faded, so I haven't been able to compare it with legit, new multicam as of yet.

I won't have an opinion on quality for a bit yet as I need to get them used a lot more.

Overall I really do like them. Once I can fix the knee pad issue, I think they'll definitely have been worth the price.
Old May 24th, 2011, 02:18   #9
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Mine was small and they fit fine. The legs you can adjust length too, in the main hand pockets there is a strap.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 04:34   #10
Nielsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
Mine was small and they fit fine. The legs you can adjust length too, in the main hand pockets there is a strap.
Oh, nice, I didn't realize that. I noticed the strap in the pocket, didn't play with it to see what it did.
Old May 24th, 2011, 21:30   #11
Wantabe_Warrior

Should I look at some knee pads, or is it a minor problem that might even be set specific?
Old May 24th, 2011, 22:10   #12
huang

The EA one is gen 1 combat set, Allwin's one is gen 2 combat. Crye now has gen 3.
huang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 05:05   #13
Nielsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantabe_Warrior View Post
Should I look at some knee pads, or is it a minor problem that might even be set specific?
Honestly, it's probably pretty minor. I'm sure there's a simple way to fix it, I just haven't thought much about it yet.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion