Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Amoeba mid caps

:

Gear Discussion

Old October 24th, 2016, 16:24   #1
LittleKing

Amoeba mid caps

Hi there I'm new to the forum so this might not be the right place but here it goes.

I've recently purchased my first airsoft gun, an amoeba honeybadger 014

When I purchased the gun I also purchased a mid cap mag to make my experience a little more realistic apposed to the high cap.
I then went down to ultimate to purchase some safety gear before I played the first time, anyways purchased another amoeba mid cap.
Both are the 25 dollar version

But here the problem while playing my first game and even the first time shooting the gun I found the caps to jam or not load the gun and would have to keep pulling the mag where 3 or 4 bbs would drop out then re-install mag..
it would then work for maybe 10 shots the screw up again

Please also not I did end up using my high cap and didn't swam to have an issue more then once or twice

My question is, has anyone else encountered the issue or is it my gun and I should have someone look at it
LittleKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016, 16:33   #2
BenG

some bbs should fall out of the chamber when changing mags, thats just how their feeding systems are designed. As far as your issue goes, Ameobas are known not to like to feed with other brands of magazines, however since you are using ameoba magazines, you should try pushing up on the magazine, if that fixes your issue add some tape to the magazine to help it fit snugger. Another possible issue for you is crappy bbs, what brand are you using? And finally do you have your hop up turned on?

Age Verifier ~ Calgary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I think that's the direction I should have gone with this one though.
gen1 - I can't see shit
gen2 - I see LOTS of green, but not many people
gen3 - Nobody wants to play with me because I'm an elitist asshole now
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016, 16:50   #3
LittleKing

I am using airsoft logic bbs .28 from ultimate, when I attempted to adjust the hop up from factory it was failed all the way up with no room for more adjustments, as for being on I'm sorry but what's do you mean?

Last edited by LittleKing; October 24th, 2016 at 16:53..
Old October 24th, 2016, 17:06   #4
BenG

back the hop up off, you have it jammed all the way down lol, never heard of those bbs, if dialing the hop up back doenst solve your issue try another brand.

Age Verifier ~ Calgary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I think that's the direction I should have gone with this one though.
gen1 - I can't see shit
gen2 - I see LOTS of green, but not many people
gen3 - Nobody wants to play with me because I'm an elitist asshole now
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016, 17:23   #5
LittleKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
back the hop up off, you have it jammed all the way down lol, never heard of those bbs, if dialing the hop up back doenst solve your issue try another brand.
Thanks for it the advice I'll let ou know how I make out later tonight when I have a chance to play around with it
Old October 25th, 2016, 20:17   #6
B213

Another problem could potentially be on the mag itself. The little catch that holds the bb's in place could be too long. That could interfere with feed system if you're moving around a lot and your mag has a bit of play. You could try shaving off a very small amount of material to get the clearance you need for the bb's to pass by. Just remember, you can always take away material, but it'seems not so easy to put it back. My gun tech just went over that, and the tape idea with me, because I'm having the same issue. I haven't tried either yet, but just some food for thought.
B213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2016, 18:04   #7
LittleKing

Thanks I appreciate it unfortunately I've been busy with work and the family this week and also haven't had a chance to try any of the suggestions but I will post my findings when I finally get around to it
Old November 14th, 2016, 14:44   #8
Kindhamster

I also run an AM-014 - I found that switching to Elite Force .25s helped (I was using scorpion .28s before). You also may just need to work in the springs a bit.
Kindhamster is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion