Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WG 104 Glock 17 NBB

:

Reviews

Old March 4th, 2009, 12:07   #1
xtylertyx

WG 104 Glock 17 NBB

Just recieved the pistol today. First impressions: It is quite solid. The slide can be racked back and there is a slide lock, but it is about a milimeter to long to be able to actually lock the slide back. Nothing a file couldnt fix . The pistol can be stripped down. Similar to GBBs you pull the slide back to a certain point then pull a pin out. Heres where it gets unique, you must pull a black piece down from the back of the slide. The mag itself is heavier than the whole gun! with the fiberoptic front sight its pretty accurate. I use propane, and this is the farthest thing from a gas hog. With a 2-3 second fill of propane, I can get aboput 2 and a half mags. The internals are all metal EXCEPT the outer barrel, it's plastic. The whole outer shell of the gun is plastic. The gun feels quite sturdy, though I wouldnt wanna drop either the gun or mag. The trigger pull is lighter than I expected, but still heavy. I would recommend single fire, or double tap. The mag holds about 16 rounds and is full metal. The gun has an open breech, but it kinda defeats the purpose, cause the mag blocks it when its inside the gun.The mag release is a little tricky to operate, its only made for right-handed people, but with enough practice reloads could be pretty speedy. The packaging is a styrofoam cutout, the form is cut to fit a Desert Eagle so it was made for any generic pistol. It came with the gun, 1 mag, small packet of BBs, regular front sight, and a fiber optic front sight. I dont own a chronograph and dont have any cans...but I had a juice box It went straight thru both sides. It went through a pie plate and left a large exit hole on the other side. It is made in Taiwan and distributed by WinGun fits the hand nice and feels good. All in all I'd definately recomend it for an inexpensive sidearm. Will up load pics later.
It was bought from capitalairsoft for 65$ plus a propane adapter. http://capitalairsoft.ca/store/index...products_id=87

Yeah your jealous of my spare bedsheets
If ya got a question post it! I'd be happy to answer them.
IF you're going to buy this gun, I suggest you get the MK23 version because the MK23 is single and double action, whereas the glock is double sction only. If you take the glock's slide off you can cock the hammer single action. I dont know why they didnt just design this with a single action trigger also.
*edit* I shot it some more at targets, and I suggest that you use the NON-fiber optic sight because in order toget a clear sight picture the front sight needs to be tall, and the fiber optic sight is so short that you need to tilt the gun upwards ever so slightly and that makes the shots go high. I would recomend using .23 gram BBs because im using cheap wally world .20 gram bio BBs and they're curving up once they fly 30 feet or so. Also propane smells like fart. When the gun is shot outside, not in an enclosed space it sounds like its farting :P
*edit2* With furthur counting I found out that the mag does in fact hold 17 rounds.

Last edited by xtylertyx; March 4th, 2009 at 17:04.. Reason: More test done
xtylertyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 04:23   #2
G26

Just a suggestion, leveling out the top of the front sights with the rear top for elevation.
G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 11:13   #3
xtylertyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by G26 View Post
Just a suggestion, leveling out the top of the front sights with the rear top for elevation.
If the top of the front fiber optic sight is leveled with the top of the rear sight, the muzzle of the gun is pointed upwards and that makes the shots go high. But with the standard sight it fills the gap perfectly with no angling of the muzzle nescessary.
Old March 5th, 2009, 11:23   #4
G26

Looking at the posted pix, I understand what you mean now. From the pix, the FO is higher than the front sights itself.

If you would like to maintain the FO front sight, maybe filing the top slightly so that it shoots true POA?

Not sure if the front sight is durable enough to sustain some filing though.
G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 11:42   #5
xtylertyx

The fiber optic sight doesnt need filing, it is too short already.
Old March 6th, 2009, 03:37   #6
sortie39
Banned

nice review,but from the pix,it doent look like a G17 apparently!
sortie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009, 07:38   #7
xtylertyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sortie39 View Post
Well, my source for the model of it was some random kid on youtube, and theres no model numbers on it
Old March 6th, 2009, 10:33   #8
Skladfin

hahahaha

Micky Mouse bed hahahaha

oh god
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009, 10:45   #9
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by sortie39 View Post
Yeah, doesn't look much like a Glock at all other than the general appearance of the frame.
Old March 6th, 2009, 12:16   #10
xtylertyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post
hahahaha

Micky Mouse bed hahahaha

oh god
haha its a spare because the cats have a tendency to piss in my bed.
Old March 7th, 2009, 11:57   #11
00nothing

Thanks for the review seems like a decent starter pistol and for 65 bux disposable really on a side note i recently got a chance to try the tippman 104 and due to a mishap also got to dismantle it identical gun externally and internally.

I have 2 of the crosman co2 guns with the full size magazine and it turns out that the co2 mag from that fits into the 104 guns and vice versa just thought i would put that out there so if anyone is in need of co2 for winter fir this gun or the guys who own the crosman u can get the gas mags from capitol that are meant for the 104 and they will fit. The crosman gun has the same internals except more plastic in the build.
Old March 7th, 2009, 12:03   #12
Brit ter

can you do a review on the juice box !
Old March 7th, 2009, 12:38   #13
Conker

Seems identical (internally) to a CO² Airmag P50 I recently saw, except that the Airmag had more plastic. But this one seems shitty metal, so anyway...
Maybe mags are compatible? I'm not sure since CO² and Green Gaz/Propane pressure aren't the same, but the mecanism seem identical so maybe...

Could possibly be alright as a loaner backup or a backup of a backup, or something along those lines...

Last edited by Conker; March 7th, 2009 at 13:35..
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2009, 13:08   #14
00nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
Seems identical to a CO² Airmag P50 I recently saw (internally), except that the Airmag had more plastic. But this one seems shitty metal, so anyway...
Maybe mags are compatible? I'm not sure since CO² and Green Gaz/Propane pressure aren't the same, but the mecanism seem identical so maybe...

Could possibly be alright as a loaner backup or a backup of a backup, or something along those lines...
the airmag p50 was the gun i was referring to in my post jsut couldnt remember the name we tried both the green gas and co2 mags and both worked fine in the tippman 104 and the airmag noticeable velocity diffrences though but we didnt get to chrono
Old March 8th, 2009, 13:09   #15
xtylertyx

This gun was also sold by tippmann as ''Tippmann K400'' with a CO2 mag, Anybody know where to buy CO2 mags for this? I hate the fart-smell of propane
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews