Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

I have two questions:

:

General

Old September 30th, 2015, 21:42   #1
Burger

I have two questions:

Hello community and thank you for viewing this post,

I play in an area that can get very humid and I'm wondering if the fogging issue has been solved? I'm looking to buy a pair of goggles, which I am willing to mod, that will fit with a fast helmet as well as a lower face mesh shield.

Good Fast helmet brands? I'm looking for one that is adjustable and able to take a beating.
Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2015, 22:48   #2
NoGear
likes being humiliated

Hey man this happened to me at panther the other weekend with fogging. I decided to get some more expensive googles. Try Smith optics with the fan, or revisions with the fan. If you need a place to go try on a couple of pairs go to dstactical in new west. I bought myself a pair of Bullet ants, so I'm hoping to see how they work out over the weekend. As for the others I suggested I have no experience with them, but its what people recommended, some with minor modification.
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2015, 23:04   #3
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Revisions with built in fans, thermal lense, and some fog tech, still get a lil "wet" in the ghillie suit when it's super humid and I'm stationary but otherwise they work well.
ESS also makes some decent fan goggles however I have only handled the clones so I I can't attest to their actual performance but the clones were stupid loud with the fan on, annoyingly loud. The revisions can run on highest speed and it's hardly noticeable.
And if you don't need ballistic protection and want a really good one just shop around and buy a legit one. A good clone will prolly be 100 bucks, a legit one can likely be found for 200.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft

Last edited by Hectic; September 30th, 2015 at 23:09..
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2015, 01:02   #4
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

As soon as I moved to the coast I had extreme fogging issues as well. I'm not gonna say not to use anti-fog products, but alone, they don't last long. I've tried sprays, gels, clothes, even RainX.

Valid solutions are as follows, depending of course on how hot you get, or how much you sweat, etc:

- Buy a solid pair of ballistic of paintball goggles and attach a fan kit. I recommend ballistic, such as Revision, Smith, ESS, etc. as mentioned above; DS Tactical in New West is THE place to go around Greater Vancouver.

- Next is to buy ballistic or paintball goggles that have fans built in. Probably the best overall idea, and still recommend DS Tactical, but there are no low-pro variants available. Not that it's a huge deal, but you will have large style goggles.

- Third is thermal lenses. The only viable and local option I know of is the Valken Tactical thermal goggles, sold at Milsig. The local reviews on them are 50/50. Some say they hold back the fog greatly, some say there's no fog but water collects, and others say they fog anyways as soon as it gets hot. Also they are the cheapest and low profile option.
Old October 1st, 2015, 09:41   #5
Matt 'Maverick' Watts

First, make sure any goggle system you buy actually fits your face properly. A good fit is essential to the goggle working properly.
Second, take a look at the goggles that offer thermal lenses. a thermal lens will decrease chance of fogging, and when coupled with a fan, could eliminate it completely.
Third, change your lenses out regularly. When i was playing regularly, I was putting a new lens in every 3-4 months. This not only helps keep the fogging down, but ensure lens integrity.
Matt 'Maverick' Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2015, 09:45   #6
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
Revisions with built in fans, thermal lense, and some fog tech,
Correction:

Revisions with built in fans, thermal lens, and removal of the foam. Fog tech is over kill, but I never used it.

Had mine setup like that with a Fast Helmet and a mesh mask.

You'll have no issues after that, of course this setup will run you a lot though.

They offer asian and non-asian fit, incase you're asian.

P.S. Just removal of the foam around your goggles reduces the fog by a lot.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2015, 12:20   #7
BloodSport
Traveling Man

I use the revisions with the built in fan I got from Bob at Bent Barrel Airsoft.
Considering I'm a fat old guy who has always dealt with fogging issues, especially when it is humid/raining out, I have not had a fog over issue with the Revisions since I made the leap and spent the extra $$ to buy them.

Have not had to remove any foam or add any fog tech to date.
Old October 1st, 2015, 12:31   #8
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Try to find someone that has a military discount, my buddy here gets them for $120 Canadian landed (fan), with his military discount.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2015, 19:37   #9
Burger

Everyone is suggesting fans to mod the goggles, where can I buy the fans and what brands are there?
Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2015, 19:46   #10
NoGear
likes being humiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger View Post
Everyone is suggesting fans to mod the goggles, where can I buy the fans and what brands are there?
with the extra work involved in installing fans, and cost. It could be cheaper to get ones built in. I've heard people using fans, for computers, and getting them in somehow or you can get a fan kit that's for paintball googles, and again mod your eye pro to fit.
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2015, 21:09   #11
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Correction:

Revisions with built in fans, thermal lens, and removal of the foam. Fog tech is over kill, but I never used it.

Had mine setup like that with a Fast Helmet and a mesh mask.

You'll have no issues after that, of course this setup will run you a lot though.

They offer asian and non-asian fit, incase you're asian.

P.S. Just removal of the foam around your goggles reduces the fog by a lot.
I did not mention the foam, however in the ghillie I get moisture building up in high humidity even with the fans lense and fog tech and foam gone. If i take my hood off it'll clear but yer still left with some moisture once it's in there. Again the water droplets (especially if you rain ex) will run off prety good on their own and are far less annoying than fog itself.
Quote:
Thanks Hectic,
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old October 1st, 2015, 21:13   #12
Hectic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger View Post
Im suggesting goggles that have the fans built into them. All good ballistic and paintball companies will offer a goggle with a built in fan. Most are in the 100-200 dollar price range. I belive mach1 carries the revisions that I mentioned. Fans build in, runs on a AA or AAA (can't recall atm) has 3 speeds, the thermal lense is an extra 20 bucks or something.
Quote:
Thanks Hectic,
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General