Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

-

:

Airsoft Media

Old March 10th, 2010, 22:27   #1
Andres

Arrow -

-

Last edited by Andres; January 24th, 2018 at 22:22..
Andres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 22:34   #2
cerealmaniac

Send a message via MSN to cerealmaniac
nice collection!

飛虎隊
NEED ANY OLD/USED AK/MP5 PARTS!PM ME!
Sales Thread Click Me
AEG sales thread
cerealmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 22:45   #3
Strelok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Addict View Post
Nice collection but I like mine better lol
You have no reason to gloat. You have a gun underage.

Congratulations.

---
Anyway,
Nice collection though. Damn.

Now that they're available i've been debating between the ICS L85 or the Galil. I'm just curious. Have you tried converting any AK mags to fit to that thing?

I know a mod is doable, but if I were to get a Galil i'd prolly chop up a few just to save a bit of money until I can source out some bulk galil mags. They're beautiful guns, and would look nice next to my AK. Lol

Last edited by Strelok; March 10th, 2010 at 22:49..
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 22:54   #4
Andres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
You have no reason to gloat. You have a gun underage.

Congratulations.

---
Anyway,
Nice collection though. Damn.

Now that they're available i've been debating between the ICS L85 or the Galil. I'm just curious. Have you tried converting any AK mags to fit to that thing?

I know a mod is doable, but if I were to get a Galil i'd prolly chop up a few just to save a bit of money until I can source out some bulk galil mags. They're beautiful guns, and would look nice next to my AK. Lol
Mags were the biggest problem for me when it came down to it... I believe that TM AK47 mags are in fact compatible (thought tight) but haven't tested it myself. This Saturday I intend to however. I got that info from THIS review, where he says:

"According to ICS their Galils take Tokyo Marui compatible mags. So I grabbed my CYMA and STAR AK midcaps. Both fit 100%, although fitment is a tad tight. There is therefore no need for me to go hunting for midcaps."

Best of luck with your purchase!
Old March 10th, 2010, 23:00   #5
Twin#1[Op-for]

I hate you Andres...will you let me hold it next time I'm playing with you? :P
Twin#1[Op-for] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 23:30   #6
Strelok

Hey, thanks for the info. I think I might just go with the Galil, its a bit more expensive, but hey. I have mags for it to begin with, so thats a saving in its own right.

Also, another question, are the NV sights treated with glow paint or is it just white dots?

Those nightsights really intrigue me, a lot of my games are done in the evening hours to night.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 23:49   #7
Mobbs
Fake Airborne Soldier

Hey which store did you get it form nice piece!!! Even like the Hebrew
Mobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 23:58   #8
six4

Send a message via MSN to six4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres View Post
Say hello to the newest member of my team - ICS Galil AR

And a family shot

Thanks for looking!
Absolutely badass! You have come along way since you first started playing airsoft haven't you "Shifty?"
six4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 00:24   #9
Andres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
Also, another question, are the NV sights treated with glow paint or is it just white dots?

Those nightsights really intrigue me, a lot of my games are done in the evening hours to night.
The nightsights are just white paint unfortunately, I was looking around for RS Tritium sights but uhh... only found these:

UZI Talk Forums - View Single Post - Looking for Galil night sights any leads?

I'm not sure if it's legitimate enough, but that's about the only option other than your own glow-in-the-dark paint (which isn't all bad...).

And yes, Six4, I believe I have... always room for Thommy action though.

EDIT: Also it was retrieved from adrenaline paintball, lovely people to deal with.

Last edited by Andres; March 11th, 2010 at 00:28..
Old March 13th, 2010, 02:11   #10
raafatah64

hi andres can u write a little review of ur ics galil coz i wanna compare it with my king arms galil arm,
1st of all does the folding stock sticks all the way to the body or there is a space between it and the body just like the cyma galil sar.
2nd is there a wobble on it when its fold.
3rd does the mags fit tight it to the loading chamber or they move a bit to the left or wright when its locked.

thanx man and it really looks lovely i just wanna compare it with the king arms to no wich one is better coz soo far the king arms is still the best one cheers
raafatah64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 10:03   #11
ozzy5

nice gun

hey I want that tommy lol
ozzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 20:32   #12
Andres

Quote:
Originally Posted by raafatah64 View Post
1st of all does the folding stock sticks all the way to the body or there is a space between it and the body just like the cyma galil sar.
2nd is there a wobble on it when its fold.
3rd does the mags fit tight it to the loading chamber or they move a bit to the left or wright when its locked.
I'll answer your questions now for the time being, then maybe a review later.

1. There's about a cm of space between the gun and the stock, which brings me to the next point --

2. Folding stock is pretty solid on the gun, doesn't wobble very much at all and is sturdy in both folded and unfolded position. Very good stock from what I can tell. Though there is very slight movement.

3. Mags are a big issue currently. I don't know if it's because I got a lemon or not, but I need to elastic band the mags to the gun in order to get the BB's to feed. They rattle a fair bit, which means I might have to fix up the magwell in some way to stop it.

However, the gun overall is pretty kickass. I got to game it a bit today and found the distance I was getting was decent (using .3's). The FPS I'm not 100% on but it's supposed to be 400 using .2's. Rate of fire using the 8.4V battery that came with it in the package is actually good enough... I've got a 9.6 in the mail, but I'm not feeling outgunned using an 8.4V.

The material used to manufacture the gun is definitely good quality, I don't feel like its going to snap in two. I can bash the gun around a decent amount and not really fear for damages... not that I'd drop it on cement on purpose however.

Magazines feed just fine once they're elasticized to the gun.

A bonus feature however is the ambidextrous fire selector. Being left handed the fire selector that can be adjusted on the left side of the gun is actually quite handy.
Overall a solid AEG with a couple things I'm sure I can fix over the next couple weeks.
Old March 13th, 2010, 20:41   #13
ancorp
AK Guru

Lovely piece that's for sure. I still find it odd that ICS went through all that trouble getting all the details correct but decided to use a semi auto receiver...
Old March 29th, 2010, 17:18   #14
raafatah64

Andres when will u write a review of the lovely ics galil and with some new pics of it
raafatah64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2010, 18:10   #15
Andres

Quote:
Originally Posted by raafatah64 View Post
Andres when will u write a review of the lovely ics galil and with some new pics of it
I'm not sure if I'll be writing a full review anytime soon, but the mini one above should answer the questions you had
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media