View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2014, 00:13   #127
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I love the simulation and realism that airsoft can bring, but only to an extent. I would totally do a full on simulation just for the experience, but as far as airsoft goes, it all has to balance out with the competitiveness to keep my interest. For starters I wear full high-end military gear, but I don't wear plates to cut down on weight and I wear what's effective for me on the field, I don't try to copy some special ops group or anything. I plan my game style around things like enemy respawns and open ended gameplay, such as I know the enemy will come back so it has an affect on my tactics or that I can push a lot harder on an objective because if I die I'll ger multiple chances and opportunities. If I had one life only for an event, my whole play style would change drastically. I like objectives and competition, but in many regards I treat it more like hockey than real life combat. I think the gear and tactics that create the advantage is what people get hooked on, or the addition of military style objectives and story make people think "simulation". To be honest, I'd probably approach a capture the flag game and an op style game the same way, perhaps different methodology to win but the mindset doesn't change. So for me, no, most airsoft games, even the complex ones are not full simulation.