View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2020, 12:55   #9
Ratters

It looks like I got lucky having a TM HK45T that functions correctly (as far as the reliability of the slide locking function goes without the suppressor on. It has still been 100% reliable for me to date.

Internally it uses an engagement system that pushes up an alloy block into another alloy strip that is notched and lives up in the slide. Both contact points round easily due to the soft metal used and the slow engagement of the vertically challenged sliding, internal slidestop do hickey.

Three pistols I've looked at all suffer from the same problem. In some circumstances, added bb's under the magazine spring (6 seems to be the magic number on my pistol) help significantly but on other pistols of the same model it does nothing at all so it's a bit of a nut scratcher.

Mechanically speaking it is a system that should work based on the simplicity of its function but alas it has developed a vindictive, f u attitude.

Maybe someone will make these two contact parts out of steel? Something maybe Wii Tech could look at as they are well known for identifying weak areas in aegs, gbb's and gbbr's and machining fixes.

Anyway, that's the latest for those who care to read this.