View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2013, 21:28   #1
airsoftjunky
a.k.a. evaboe

Madbull Shark bucking. PDI W-hold bucking. Must share my success

So in my long recent journey to a good air seal, I've played around with different hop up buckings and felt the need to share my success. I started with a King Arms Bw15. The stock bucking ripped after only 1000 rounds or so, and thus began my journey. After trying several different cheaper buckings, I decided to try some of these other cool ones that have been hitting the market.
The first one I tried was a pdi w-hold.

http://www.airsoftstore.ca/index.php...roducts_id=164

It's a very nice bucking. However, I was having troubles with air seal. I thought my low fps was from the need of a higher power spring, so I put in a Lonex M130. I was achieving approx. 370 fps. I emailed Airsoft Store Canada and asked for advice, and they suggested wrapping a few wraps of Teflon tape around the bucking. I did so, and achieved approx. 423-425 fps. Much better. I took it out that evening and did some test shooting. It worked very well with .25 bbs. At 100 feet, (all the room I had) the grouping was about 5 inches. I then tried .28 bbs, which is the weight I prefer for that fps, and the grouping went wild. I'm assuming the rubber does not work to well when you have to dial it up that much. I was content for now, however I would probably recommend this rubber for fps limits of maybe 400 fps max, but I'd like to hear any input on that from anyone else.

Two days later the Madbull Shark Bucking arrived.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/upgrade-p...cking-red.html

So far I have nothing but good to say about it. I just installed it tonight, and was happy to see that it fit just snug enough as to create a perfect air seal in my hop up chamber, without teflon tape. Then, on to the chrono. Much to my surprise, the fps jumped up to 430-435! I have yet to see how it performs long range. The soft rubber may be to soft for that high fps, but as soon as I get a chance to make a drive to the country and do some accuracy tests I will make a point up updating this.

I do not want to give the pdi w-hold a bad review. It is perhaps just not the right fit for the King Arms hop up unit, but as of this moment I will recommend the Madbull any day of the week. I hope this can help someone with an air seal problem such as I had, and if anyone has anything to add to this I'd be very interested. Any long term results anyone?
airsoftjunky is offline   Reply With Quote