View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2012, 14:14   #1
beastor

French Army, L'Armee Francais Impression (Mk.I)

Just finished this one off last month and took it for a try out last Sunday and I have to admit I like it. I don't use Bullpups that often but I admit I love how handy they are in a CQB enviroment.

I know they are ugly as sin but I have always loved FAMAS. The Marui is a fantastic tried and tested design (The venerable Mk.1 gearbox!) and the strap is perfect for dropping from the firing position to draw your sidearm.

Managed to get a lot of the kit from Army Surplus stores I visited while working in France in Jan, the rest i got from ebay France.

Things that are off: boots (my russian para boots) and the tunic isn't the right cut (but is still a commercial french military product). The holster is a US M9 one the closest I could find to the French PAMAS pistol (what the Berreta 92f is called built under licence)

The "Gilet" vest is a fantastic platfrom: very comfy, lots of pouches for any gear you want to stow and tough.

The "Spectra" helmet was a very lucky find on ebay France, the XL helmet sizes are very hard to get hold of.

General William Tecumseh Sherman
beastor is offline   Reply With Quote