View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2013, 19:46   #63
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I think you're missing my point
The DP directly controls air volume
So if you're already OVER the required volume for that barrel, then it raising it won't make any difference since it's just pushing all that extra volume out of the barrel after the BB has already left.
Given my local guys results with the silver nozzle, I'd highly recommend getting one, because polarstar's fps chart makes no sense to me what so ever.

Taken right from their site:
Quote:
Results with a .20g BB using a 6.05mm barrel at 120psi
Blue
CQB (275mm) = 380fps, Carbine (380mm) = 405fps, Rifle (509mm) = 435fps
Firstly, who the hell uses .20s? lol
They're at 120PSI, using .20s. I'd bet if they threw .28s into that same setup, their muzzle energy would be WAY higher than what they're getting with .20s
I'm guessing they're recommended nozzle based on highest ROF performance

The guideline states the silver nozzle is close to 2.3J at 120PSI, but at 45PSI you can get 1.6J from a .28g BB
With a smaller nozzle you NEED to run significantly higher pressure since the air can't get out of that tiny hole fast enough. Larger hole, less pressure, less performance strain on the valves, more effective use of the air volume that's being used, more efficiency.

It's important to note, there isn't 115PSI of force behind the BB while it's moving through the barrel.
If you're at 1.6J at 115PSI with a blue nozzle, and buddy is at 1.6J at 45PSI with a silver nozzle, there is exactly the same pressure behind the BB while it's in the barrel.
The difference is your blue nozzle requires more pressure to get the same amount of air volume through that tiny nozzle in the same amount of time it takes to get the same air volume out from a larger diameter hole.

I know nothing of the actual math to figure out pressure and air volume calculations through different sized orifices, but using less pressure to do the same job is typically more efficient. The main reason for using higher pressure is to achieve higher torque value, which you really don't need a lot to push a .28g BB lol
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote