Thread: AK vs M4 (AR)
View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2018, 17:18   #6
xevous

Some of these advantages/problems as with choosing the platforms are entirely preferential. Or could be overcome with training/practice.

I have 2 fully build Siegetek/BTC guns one AK and one AR. And I love my AK more but the AR has some objective benefits to it. AR reloads will always be faster because the mechanism reloading the gun is a lot less complex. With ARs I can usually do a sub-2 second reload with AKs it always hovers above 2.5. Rocking the mag in is not as fast as a straight mag insert. There's no real way around that, but in game it makes little difference. As for reloading in the dark, that sounds like a training and skills problem. I've had no problems reloading my AK in the dark and if you need a light to reload I suggest more practice vs a whole debate.

You can pull off a tonne of looks with the AR as with an AK. So I don't see how that's an advantage or disadvantage. For ARs you have any variety of standard issue looks, competition, ect. Same with AKs really. But the nature of the market means since there are more ARs there will always be more AR parts. This is especially true in Canada for the real steel market as AKs are prohibited so getting real AK parts in Canada is significantly more limited than AR. But going past that you have many brands like Zenitco, MWI, Krebs, DDI, SLR Rifleworks, Ect.

I have no idea what milsims are run in Quebec but in Ontario. It's usually a Green v. Tan game or a Camo v. Civvie game. Rifle platform doesn't matter. For games like MSW sure but I have yet to see that in Ontario at least.

A lot of the internal issues you're discribing sounds like you're unfamiliar with tech work and with platforms as a whole. Comparing 2 of what I would consider the highest quality platforms LCT for AKs and VFC for ARs each again has differences but it's not at all like the ones discribed above. V3s in AKs will always have shittier triggers unless you put something like a BTC Chimera in them, but they don't have a larger tendancy to lock up vs a v2 otherwise. Also if you're going all out with a build semi-lock should be a non issue as both platforms with proper builds will not have that problem. FPS issues are moot because that's not a problem with v2s and v3s if the orings and airseal components (which are the SAME) seal properly.

ARs are better for batteries hands down. Larger variety of stocks = more options for batts. Also less shit in the way in a buffer tube vs an AK. For AKs if you have a good sized 11.1v in there, pretty much not a good idea to pull the charging handle to adjust the hop. Field repairs with ARs are also easier because you can just change the lower between VFCs.

V3 motor grips can also have problems if you don't have a tight pistol grip on the AK as the wobbling of the grip will overtime loosen the motor cage. It's a non issue on a properly fitting grip though. ARs can have problems with motor alignment with cheap/bad grips but again a non-issue if you have a proper grip. Both platforms (Vfc and LCT) have excellent gearboxes.

I'm just not really sure what you are trying to get at with your post....

Pick whatever one you like better. Both the LCT and the VFC are fantastic and you can get excellent accuracy with both with the proper barrel group and internal build.

In terms of kit, less stuff will fit AK magazines but I built my loadout around using both my AK and AR so I have not problem there. I find teching both to be pretty even.

Last edited by xevous; October 9th, 2018 at 17:22..
xevous is offline   Reply With Quote