View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2019, 18:34   #22
Oberst39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spengler View Post
Thing is, you could say the same thing about literally anything. I'm not in BC, I don't know what's going on over there, but based on this thread alone, I'm lead to believe that retailers don't care about not selling airsoft stuff to people under 18, which is fucked-up enough as it is, but gets even worse if folks then use said airsoft stuff for criminal activity.

Sure, airsoft's a sport, but a hockey stick looks like a hockey stick. A tennis racket looks like a tennis racket. An airsoft platform looks like a goddamn accurately-scaled officially licensed firearm, so people panicking is understandable.

If you're in BC, call that number and talk to the people behind it. See what's up, what their deal is. If all these shit-nanigans could be avoided by just, say, enforcing the no-sales-to-under-18 rule, tell them that. Be proactive like our dude Airmax.
True you could say that about anything, however for the airsoft retailers that are selling to minors, these are EXACTLY the type of people we do not want selling airsoft, or for that matter affiliated with the sport whatsoever. For them, (the retailers) it is about the bottom line, money, and they do not care about airsoft at heart or otherwise would not be selling to minors. As a legitimate business, they have a duty to request ID of anyone who appears to be a minor. I would suggest that those of us who love airsoft police these stores as well. Should we become aware of, and observe the sale of airsoft to underage individuals, then we have a duty to call them out and report them to the appropriate authorities. Trust me, they will lose their business license to operate. I know that this may cast a disparaging image on other legitimate retailers, however if we as a community hold retailers accountable for their actions, it will demonstrate to government and the watchers out there that not only are we as a community responsible and law abiding when it comes to airsoft, but we will also hold each other accountable for our actions.

Last edited by Oberst39; August 24th, 2019 at 01:00..
Oberst39 is offline   Reply With Quote