View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2010, 16:44   #4
RacingManiac

For hop-up you can get a complete G&P kit(inner barrel, hop rubber, hop chamber, and barrel extension) in something like part WP93a/b/c/d(a, b, c, d are different length inner barrel). Alternatively you can buy Prime barrel extension by itself, and I think one of the Chinese clone(5KU or Element) makes barrel extension as well, and pair that with a different hop-up chamber from Prime or the copy of the Prime design, which allows it to be adjusted from the back instead of under neath the barrel(a problem with a lot of modern RAS that does not split.). RA-T also sells complete hop-up+inner barrel set, but you still need barrel extension.

AFAIK only King Arms and AGM uses bodies that have built-in barrel extension piece in the receiver, in which case you just need hop-up+inner barrel assy.

Outer barrel are plentiful to choose from, but some needs work to work. Some receiver/barrel nut combo uses a thicker flange(not sure which one), which Dytac's barrel are designed for, in which case you might need to turn that flange down to use those in some other receiver combo(ie, G&P).

One thing that's also needed to be mentioned is the barrel nut. I think Prime/Ino uses real steel spec nut, threaded as such. So Airsoft RAS nut will not work. Some uses AEG nut and RS one will not work unless you have the receiver re-threaded.

About the G&P magazine. WOC used to come with WA mags, with G&P O-ring kit installed. These mags can be identified with the dark color filled valve, and dark color upper top magazine plate/feedlip assembly. This is as confirmed through the shop owner at KIC in Taipei. But sometime ago they are switched. Although the mag appears the same(Darker color shell compare to Bomber, more black than grey), the fill valve are now brass colored, and top plate is grey color like Bomber. These are supposed to be rebadged Bomber mag. Personally with my setup the Bomber never worked as well as the original WOC mags, they have noticeably weaker blowback compare to WOC(old) or WA Super/Heavy Duty mag. AND they leak....So unless someone tells me otherwise I'd treat the new G&P mag as the same as Bomber....

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...