Thread: M-14 EBR
View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2007, 20:26   #121
Hades

Send a message via MSN to Hades
Thanks Bruce. there is still much work that I want to get done on it which will be my winter project gun. Unfortunly I wont be at border wars due to unforseen circumstances involving work so she's gonna be shooting up zombies at z3.

Also as for all of you out there who have been trying to figure out what the hell that little rail at the rear of the ebr body is for I have the anwser. I emailed Sage Intl. about this and here is what I was told.

11 Oct 07
Jason,

The 1913 Picitanny rail that you are talking about was first engineered for the Navy for a PVS-14 night vision module. It is still used today for night vision scopes and whatever else that you might have a need for. You would of course have to take the scope off when storing the collapsible stock into the closed position. I attached a M14ALCS Brochure and 2007 EBR Chassis Stock System Price List for your review and use. There is a picture on page 3 of the brochure reflecting the use of an optic that you inquired about. If you have any other questions feel free to call or email me. Thank you.

Michael G. Serafin (Sales)
Sage International, Ltd.
Telephone: 989-739-7000
Fax: 989-739-7098

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote