— WE (Wei-E-Tech) 5.1 HiCapa Dragon v1

2) Date Obtained
— December 2005

3) Initial Cost
— $180

4) New or Used
— New from HK

5) Mechanical Problems
— Outer barrel is 2 piece and held together by friction, comes flying out once in a while if not afixed together. Grip safety is fairly sensitive, can interrupt firing.

6) Esthetic Problems
— Split slide front is held by one small hex screw, constantly needs tightening. Cheap metals, some pitting but overall finish is nice.

7) Rounds fired between failures
— 1000s.

8) Changes to Internals and Externals (upgrades, mods, dates)
— N/A Is green gas ready out of the box

9) Resale Date and Value if applicable.
— N/A
-
10) Notes and Comments
— This was my first real airsoft gun, bought it for CQB at TTAC3, and it saw alot of action. After about 4-5 months of constant use (6-8k bbs) the gun stopped locking back because the soft Zinc mixed slide was wearing, and the nozzle block started to stick. I removed a damaged spring in the block and was back in action for a couple more months before the internals failed. Basically the cheap metals in the hammer/firing area had lots of worn down parts and the chasis part was cracked right through. To repair the gun I'll be ordering a complete hammer section and new nozzle from www.cobraairsoft.com when back in stock. I recommend buying the TM 5.1 instead and upgrading with quality metal parts.