Pros:
- Shell loading and ejection.
- Unique look.
- Comes in both Spring and CO2 flavors.
- Comes in shtty plastic or shtty wood
- Realistic as possible chambering

Cons:
- See Pros (1). It's a hassle!!
- Finishes aren't great, but the wood variety can be reworked.
- Not really skirmish able. (Ammo/reloading and overall performance not too great even if used for milsim only)
- Often jams upon chambering a round.
- Internals are garbage monkey metal with no aftermarket upgrades available.
- Scope is possible but rare and Hella expensive.

:Edit: backyard use only, well... I can suggest so many better options for a stock rifle. You'll certainly never need a scope. I feel a bit silly writing all this out really now but hey ho, any future interested parties... Beware.

I've had both types. Wood and CO2 (loading nozzle broke). Probably fired a whole 50rnds in it's life.
And a spring plastic type. Often jammed, but other than that it was nothing special. Sold it pretty quick.

Get a VSR. Put a nice hop unit in it (I recommend Action Army) then a nice hop rubber (I recommend Maple leaf decepticon + maple leaf omega hop tensioner). Upgrade barrel when you've got spare cash. Upgrade piston and trigger set to 90° versions when the originals eventually break.

Then, one day, you'll find a guy who bought one and after it broke wants rid of it. Buy it, and custom machine it out to fit your VSR parts in there. I did that with a Red fire Mosin nagant. Original gun was hot garbage, but the VSR internals were spot on:
hey man i appreciate the feedback i have recently found a g&g gas powered shell ejecting version of the kar98k is version worth purchasing or no? I have no idea if g&g is a low end brand middle of the pack or high end

Last edited by Backyardshoot3r; August 4th, 2019 at 20:48..
Backyardshoot3r is offline   Reply With Quote