View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2019, 22:31   #8
joshua3302

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
There's a lot of disadvantages that are obvious.

But I've also held off waves of attackers with just one or two other AEG's while using a bolt action.
I can stop whole squads in their tracks because they're afraid to get hit.
I can convince a team to stop sending people in a certain direction because they keep getting shot over there.
I can defend a huge open area because of my range and accuracy.
I can single-shot people 300-350ft away who aren't using cover at all, or aren't covering the side open to me, just because they think because they're way out of range it means everyone else is.

I think being a recon sniper is very helpful to a milsim, where you can hide, be a ghost, and relay vital information to commanders.
But I spent $1200 on the gun, it's got better range and accuracy than most other guns on the field, so I want to be on the front line where the gun is going to make the biggest difference.

That being said, I still prefer an AEG for the sheer versatility it offers. And I respect that the ability to rack up dozens of kills at a scrim with a bolt action requires the accumulated skills of years of understanding a variety of concepts; from the physics of the gun itself, to how airsofters tend to react to different situations, knowing when to shoot at someone and when NOT to shoot at them, etc.

A bolt action can be a very powerful force multiplier, but it's not an easy tool to master.
Could you please tell hat gun you using with what upgrades ?
Thanks
joshua3302 is offline   Reply With Quote