View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2014, 22:35   #489
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck12 View Post
Turok, sexy kit.
How is yours for rust, my friend just got a Hurricane Kimber Kit-- the black LAPD SWAT version and his was rusty-- barrel, chamber, recoil spring, basically everything had rust issues.
Mine came with absolutely no rust on the barrel, and plus im not using most of the internals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
LOL @ "higher end kit".

Sorry to say, but the Hurricane kits are actually one of the LOWEST end kits available. Once you take out all of the extra bits and bobs that the kit comes with, they're the cheapest kits around.

I would prefer a Guarder kit over Hurricane kits, too bad Hurricane is doing a lot of the really cool Kimber kits.
Based on my experience, Prime/Nova 1911 kits were the best, little modifications, fitted perfectly with no wobble. I didn't really want to get the Hurricane Kit, but its the only company that manufactures this style. Either way, not going to use any of the controls, springs, etc. Gonna use nova mag catch, slide catch, safety, beaver tail, hammer etc. You can see that Nova 1911 kits are much higher quality, here is LA Vickers i recently acquired, you can see the difference compared with hurricane kits:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck12 View Post
This was the first Hurricane kit I have seen in person. I always assumed they were higher end due to the price tag and rarer kits available. But Illusion you are the man when it comes to 1911's so you say its crap I'll take your word. I have always used Guarder parts for my builds and have been happy with the results after a little elbow grease. I know I won't be shelling out for a Hurricane kit any time soon if I'm paying for a rusty kit.
If you see the Nova 1911 kits, you will be amazed, but the price will make you faint.

Last edited by turok_t; February 26th, 2014 at 22:45..
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote