View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2010, 18:29   #1
Nielsen

New to airsoft and need some help with my first loadout.

Alright, so this section seems rather dead, and I wasn't sure if I should post in another thread, or start my own. Obviously I decided on the latter, so you can give me hell if I shouldn't have heh. Lots of the links in here, being years old, are all dead so they didn't help too much. Hopefully a new thread will get this section bumpin again!

Anyways, as I said, I'm new to airsoft, and never really followed anything military/police/etc. Basically, I'm going to post a picture of the loadout I'm shooting for, and any suggestions on the gear I should get would be greatly appreciated. So here we go:

Now, I'm not going to have the EXACT same look (I already ordered Revision Desert Locust goggles, and black Oakley Pilot gloves), but the rest I'm going to try and be accurate with. The vest is probably my most important concern. Looking on Ebay has been my best result so far, with the Pantac vest:

Are these vests worth the $100something? Is there a cheaper, but still quality alternative? Also, in the picture he seems to have some sort of protective sleeves? Should I avoid them? Do they restrict movement too much? Next would probably be the helmet. I was looking around on eHobby and found two different PASGT replicas, one made of steel and one made of "Made of Light & Condense Material". Is there a better option in terms of comfort?

Now the dropleg holster. I didn't really research the specific sidearms SWAT teams use, and I fell in love with the TM MEU, so that's what I got, so, I guess that means I'd need a holster that fits one. I saw a thread on here somewhere about what holsters fit what guns, so I'll do a search for that later, but if anyone has any preferences there, I'm open to them. I'm considering a tac light or laser sight on the pistol later on (if I can ever find a way to mount one on the MEU, there doesn't seem to be a rail, it's just smooth, correct?), so one that fits a laser sight/tac light would be helpful too. I can't really tell whats on the other leg, just some sort of dump pouch I imagine?

The rest is all just minor stuff really. Boots I'm considering maybe some black Hiax's? Knee pads I'll just get whatever the standard are around here I suppose. And does anyone have a sling preference for M4s? I was thinking single point, but again, I know very little, so I'm not sure what would be best.

Anyways, thanks in advance for any help guys, I look forward to getting set up and out playing as soon as I can.
Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote