View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2014, 18:16   #46
naminator

I used to work road construction. 13-14 hours labor, for me it was mostly walking, pounding steaks in the side of the highway or working pipe crew.

We used to get to the site for 6:30 (30 minute drive so we left at 6) have a cup of coffee and start work. I would take maybe and hour break spread out through the day then 30 minutes to our camp at about 7:30 ish and then we got drunk. Like missing a shoe 20 year old white girl drunk (never has so much cheap whiskey been consumed). We would crash around midnight for a few hours then get up the next day and do it again for 6 days, 5 nights.

Food wise I couldn't carry much. I alternated water with water and Gatorade powder, Granola/power bars, the occasional orange and a couple sandwiches. To conserve precious space, I would freeze a bottle of water, wrap it in paper towel and use it was an icepack if necessary.

I also smoked excessively, drank every night, consumed caffeinated beverages on the job (pop or coffee) and ate tons of crap food and I was fine. Mind you I fell asleep in the crew van on the way to the job site holding a coffee and a lit smoke (it went out safely in my fingers).

So what you need to know:

Were you maybe expecting 1+1 = donut?
naminator is offline   Reply With Quote